Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters -- I'm here! I'm here! I might not post everyday, but I do come in every day. I hit Day 1234 a few days ago and posted on Roll Call because it's such a good number. And I am bound and determined to post 12345 in another 30 years! Hugs to all.
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Marylou123 View Post
      Hi Nesters -- I'm here! I'm here! I might not post everyday, but I do come in every day. I hit Day 1234 a few days ago and posted on Roll Call because it's such a good number. And I am bound and determined to post 12345 in another 30 years! Hugs to all.
      Marylou - I saw your post in the roll call the other day and commented on what a great number you had! I'll look forward to my own 1234 down the road AND to your 12345!
      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Thanks for all the rocks here and the Super Magnetic Butt Strips! Starting day 14, onwards.

Comment

MaryLou, I'm sorry I missed your Roll Call Post of 1234. It sounds like a good beginning to an Elvis song, maybe I'm thinking of the Jackson Five? In any case, it is a wonderful achievement around here! How does it feel to be an old timer? (certainly not agewise, but sobertime wise!) Well done on this yooooooge number! :lucky: Byrdie
          Last edited by Byrdlady; June 14, 2017, 06:42 AM.
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, All:

Congratulations, Mary Lou and Mr. V. All sober numbers feel yuge when you're in them, I reckon.

I check in as much as possible for that very reason, Narilly. I do wish this site was more active and attracted more new people. I don't know those search algorithms, but I wonder what happened here?

Happy Hump Day!
            Pav

Comment

Way to go Mr V and Mary Lou 1234, that is a great number! YUGE as Pav says

Byrdie and Lav, I have learned so much from both of you in terms of long term sobriety. I always listen to what you say because You both know what you are talking about. I appreciate your coming here everyday.

Pav, I am not sure about the algorithm thing but this site is so powerful and has helped so many people stay sober, its a shame that more people don't find it.

I was up at 5:15 am to take my aunt to the airport, went swimming, cleaned a bit of the house and it is only 9:30am. This Never would have happened when I was drinking. I would have come back home and went straight to bed. If I was working I would have had another day of feeling very tired. I am SO happy to be sober and healthy.

Don't drink today.
              xo
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Wow Marylou, Congrats to you on your AF time :welldone:

Mr V, 14 days & moving forward = awesome

I have a long day tomorrow including getting my husband to & from a surgical procedure tomorrow. The hospital is an hour away of course, ha ha. Then late in the evening, if he is feeling well enough we will be making the same trip again to go see our granddaughter's Kindergarten graduation. Yep, I'll be up with the chickens for sure

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi nesters,

All the best to hubs for tomorrow Lav. Congrats Mary lou and Mr V!

Well nesters, i've began antabuse today an hour ago. I popped about a quarter of a 250 mg pill, so on my way. I sure have no intention to drink anywhere near this med. Purpose is to keep me on the straight and narrow and up an running for a few months. It stays in the system for a couple of weeks i'm told, so i'm looking to pop a quarter tab every couple of days or so to minimise any potential side effects liver issues. Wish me luck and good choices.

Take it easy out there.
                  Last edited by Guitarista; June 14, 2017, 08:55 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G - do what you have to do to protect your quit, and if that means taking antabuse for awhile, so be it! I've never taken it, but I've heard many stories on here that indicate it's a pretty safe bet you won't drink while taking it. Do you notice any effects from taking it? Like negative side effects or changes in mood or anything? Does it help reduce cravings, or is it simply something that makes you so sick if you drink that you're essentially "scared sober" to avoid such sickness?

Lav - hope all goes well for your husband's surgery tomorrow, and that you both get to go to your granddaughter's K graduation.

Nar - sounds like a very productive morning for you! I love when that happens, and definitely not something that would've occurred when drinking. Nice!

Pav - I'm trying to remember how I first found MWO, and I honestly can't recall. I'm pretty sure I'd been drinking and feeling like I desperately wanted and needed support to quit, but otherwise it's a blur. That was back with my previous quit in 2014 - the one where I had to taper in order to prevent true alcohol withdrawal - a very desperate time indeed. When I got my act together again for this, my final quit, back in summer 2016 I knew just where to head and jumped right back in the nest. I did have to make a new account, but I didn't even search for whatever else was out there - I already knew the nest was the place for me. I was so happy to see so many familiar names, and also to see so many new folks too.

Byrdie - glad you've got butt magnets and velcro! We need your butt right here in the nest with us!

Ava - hope the party went well for your s.o.

Kensho, LC, LS, Mario, Kim, Susie, everyone else - we miss you and hope you'll get a chance to post again soon!
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by wagmor View Post
                      or is it simply something that makes you so sick if you drink that you're essentially "scared sober" to avoid such sickness?
                      I wonder how many times we drank saying never again. I wouldn't take it to feel like that again as I did it enough without it :smile:
                      Last edited by Neo; June 15, 2017, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks Wags.

I took my first ever tab (around 50 mgs) about 5 hrs ago. No noticeable side effects whatsoever at this point, plus i'm just back from the gym and a run. Feel fine. But i did take a reduced dose as the daily recommendation can be 200/250 mgs. The idea for me is yep, to scare me sober! by this i mean it's a deterrent, and i'm hoping it will take the option of drinking off the table. You'd have to wait a week or 2 before having a drink once you've popped a pill. Just trying something new to help kick me off to a few months sobriety. Hope ur good my friend.

Big waves to all.
                        Last edited by Guitarista; June 15, 2017, 12:40 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Afternoon nesters

Mary congrats on a lovely number, i look at my numbers now and still think they are someone elses but at the end of the day i have done all that hard work with a lot of help from my friends on MWO.

Mr V happy days for you on day 14, you will only keep feeling better without al in your system and happier in yourself as time goes on.

Lav i hope your hubs procedure goes fine and you look after yourself.

Wags the s.o's bday was not a good day. i had some great plans but he became very sad and depressed about his mum not being there and the firsts are always hard. he did seem to enjoy himself at dinner with the family so there was a bright side to the day. i will have to save those plans till next year.

i have a badly infected tooth that the dentist would not even contemplate taking out at the moment so feeling a tad miserable. i was all hyped up for them to rip it out and nope so now i have 3 weeks to get the infection under control and go to the "extraction clinic". Now that in itself doesnt sound pleasant!.

I found MWO drunk one night, i do remember that and i do remember reading posts and thinking to myself that "i was not that bad" but also seeing with some clarity that there were others like me on MWO. The highlight for me when i did get serious in sobriety that i was not alone and a bunch of people from all over the world understood and offered help when i never thought i could find any.

Well off to do nothing, take care x
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

oil of cloves $10 from the chemist can help short term with local pain if needed Ava.

Comment

Ava - very sorry to hear the bday wasn't a great day, but I totally understand how those "firsts" after someone passes away can be very difficult - even sometimes when we expect otherwise. Sounds like you were understanding and supportive, which is probably just what he needed, coupled with a nice family dinner. Your tooth pain sounds extremely un-fun
                              I hope you're able to get the infection handled quickly and that the eventual extraction goes smoothly. At least the extraction clinic probably has expertise in such matters - maybe they'll be able to perform it in such a way that makes it worth the ordeal. :hug:

G & Neo - thanks for the added words about antabuse. I know it's been explained before, but I appreciate your willingness to review

Hope everyone has a good AF MAE!!!
                              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good morning!

I found MWO through a friend. I looked at it a LONG time ago and then finally came to my senses and came here for real. But when I first joined there were many, many active threads, and Newbies would pop through daily. I just wonder why they don't any more...

Ava - sounds awful. Three weeks?

G - do what you need to do. I hope you find what you're looking for - contentment with yourself (right?).

I worked for 14 hours yesterday - apart from being tired, my shoulders hurt because much of it was on a computer. Anyone have neck/back/shoulder exercises to recommend?

Happy SOBER Thursday,
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X