Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hey PG, apparently I am the only one up at the moment . . . sleep time over here in these parts.

First of all, welcome!! We are so glad you are here and you will find what you are looking for, please trust me on that. I am not sure about campral, but the others will be around in a bit and most likely someone will have had experience with that.

In the meantime, please read everything you can. Like I said, we are glad you are here and we look forward to getting to know you. All the best -AG

Comment

Originally posted by Piggy Girl View Post
      Hi, I am new. Started campral yesterday. Had my usual amount of beers last night. Today I have had my first beer at 10am, normal for me on a non work day. How long till this stuff kicks in? Thanks for having me here too.
      Hello There

I have never taken Campral but from what I have read it takes a week or so to get your body used to it

How much are you taking and are you on script or self medicating?

And, welcome

Regards

Bacman
      Last edited by Baclofenman; June 17, 2017, 01:28 AM.
      I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
      Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

[MENTION=23941]Piggy Girl[/MENTION]
        Welcome! Well done for taking the first steps of seeking some medical help and coming here! I have no personal experience of campral, but I am a strong believer in taking whatever help you can get in the early stages of quitting drinking.

I understand that Campral is supposed to help with people who have actually quit drinking and it is supposed to help with the effects of detox. It may be best for you to go back to your Doctor on this because although I am no medic, I don't think it is something which will help you quit in itself. There are several things you can do to help you to quit, some people will say tapering is what helped them get there, others (including me) will say that it is best to just stop, and use some medical help to deal with the detox process - especially in the first few days.

What I'm trying to say is that you need to get a plan! We can support you all the way in your quit and be here as a sounding board when you hit difficulties along the way but you might also like to look at the toolbox which could help you see a way forward.

PG you are most welcome here and hopefully we can help you get free of alcohol by being the support you need at this time.

Comment

Welcome Piggy,

I'm not familiar with campral so I can't offer any advise. Please stick around here, getting through the the first few days is hard. It's helpful to post here as often as you like. Read back and take in all the advice from the longer timers as well as those that are newer in their quit. Sometimes you have to take your quit 10 minutes at a time, then 20, then an hour. The cravings will pass and you'll feel so proud of yourself for getting through day by day or minute by minute. Hang in there!
          Roobs

Comment

Hello,

Wags, have a great trip. What a nice way to honor your 11 months. Congrats!
            Good to see you Kensho!
            Happy sober Saturday everyone.
            Roobs
            Last edited by Roobs; June 17, 2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Hello nesters,welcome Piggy I had only tried Campral once a few years ago but I've heard some good reviews on in,one Member [MENTION=18648]lizker[/MENTION] has had excellent progress with it,maybe I'll pm her to get her to check in
              Last edited by paulywogg; June 17, 2017, 08:57 AM.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, Nest:

Welcome, Piggy Girl! I don't know about Campral either, but I do like Tony's thinking - what is your plan for quitting? Have you seen a doctor? Very glad you're here and you will never regret quitting.

Nar - glad your daughter is home for a bit. That must be nice. My kids are both gone this week so we're getting a little taste of the empty nest to come. Definitely very quiet, and I do miss them, but there is more flexibility in my schedule AND fewer messes. I know I'll miss them a lot when they're really gone, but I do look forward to seeing their lives unfold.

Good to see you pop by, Kensho. Thanks for your list.

We went to a community party last night with a band and everything and the thing that irritated me was that they only sold beer, wine and water. Really? What about kids? What about Pav? It was still fun, but made me think (again) what an alcohol-centric culture we have.

Off to enjoy my Saturday. Sober and UN HUNG! Yee Haw.

Pav

Comment

Happy Sattidy, everyone. Welcome aboard, Piggy! Im sure you already did this, but try doing a search in the search box above on Camprel. I imagine there is enough informtion on this site from years of history to fill your weekend! We are so glad you found us!

We are heading over for my walking partner's Celebration of Life party in a couple hours. I will eat something before I go, as always, and take my own drink. Call me paranoid, but I just feel better taking my own drink. (Caffeine free diet coke). In a way, I dread this party and ripping the scab off of my healing, but I need to respect my friend , her memory and her family. I am bring the cupcakes. She was a big quilter so IIMG_2756.jpg made chocolate buttons and put on top of them. I hope they survive this withering heat, they have a whipped topping frosting (what was I thinking?).
                  Lav, I hope your chickens are doing ok in theses temps, and how is hubs?
                  Kensho, great to see you! And everyone else! Hope it is a peaceful evening for all. Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Those are cute Byrdie
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We just had a big thunder storm, unfortunately it's not going to cool things off around here. Sumer is roaring in like a bulldozer or some wrecking machine, ha ha!

Hello & welcome Piggy Girl, glad you decided to join us. I have no experience with any of the meds myself so I can't help you there. Making a solid plan & commitment is what got me on the sober path & using the MWO Hypno CDs helped it all sink in. Stay close to the nest, someone checks in frequently if you have any questions.

Byrdie, nice cupcakes & I hope your friend's memorial went well. I know it's rough losing a close friend :hug:
                      My husband is doing OK, thanks for asking. He gets to go back & have the other hand done in about a month. He also has to go to PT for a shoulder problem. Getting old is not easy, ha ha!

Hi there Pauly, Pav, Roobs, Tony & everyone.
                      Wishing everyone a very safe & comfy night in the nest.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Quick check in this morning - there's a lot going on in the Pav house today. And it is HOT here as well. I actually really love some good, hot weather, but I am lucky in that my apt. is fairly protected so it doesn't get horrible, and I don't have to work outside in this weather, so I know I am lucky. But for now, I'm putting on some shorts and enjoying...

Glad you're husband is healing, Lav, and I hope you stay cool.

Roobs - you sound great.

Byrdie - those cupcakes are too much! Where do you get a button mold?? You're creativity is inspiring.

Thank goodness I'm not hungover today. What a gift.

Happy SOBER Sunday, Nest.

Pav
                        Last edited by Pavati; June 18, 2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Byrdie- those cupcakes look Delish! Very creative.

Welcome Piggy, please read as much as you can. I don't have experience with the med you are taking but I hope it helps you.

I went to two block parties yesterday. At the second one there was a lot of drinking going on. They had a fire and there were people there until 2:30 am. When I left the party at 10pm there were some people who were well on their way to getting totally hammered. I was very glad to leave sober. Waking up with no regrets and feeling good this morning was a gift. A burden was lifted from my life when I was finally able to quit drinking. I struggled with trying to moderate and trying to quit since I was 17 years old. I always thought I could control it...haha..thats what my AL mind was telling me. I also had friends say 'you are not an alcoholic, everyone drinks too much sometimes' and that made my AL brain really happy so I kept on drinking.
                          Now I am living the life I want and that life does not include booze.

Waking up UN HUNG on Sun is my favorite poem of the day

xo
                          Don't drink today.
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Happy Father's Day to all our men folk! And to all the single moms who have to do the job as well.
                            It's a wonderful day to be sober. (Even though I've had a tooth go wacko - root canal tomorrow. Thinking of you Ava!)
                            Last edited by Marylou123; June 18, 2017, 12:42 PM.
                            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Byrdy, hope the celebration went as well as these things can. Your cup cakes are amazing actually. Love the chocolate buttons. Cool detail.

Hi Piggy. Camperal is thought to stabilise/rebalance our brain chemistry from the effects of booze, but that's just what i've read. Check with a doc of course, along with any potential allergies or side effects. Go for it friend and reclaim your precious life.

All good here nesters. Big waves to all. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I hope Fathers Day was good for everyone celebrating today
                                We had a nice dinner here with our daughter & her family. I made a delicious vegan strawberry cake with strawberries fresh from my garden - doesn't get better than that!!!

Hot weather, kids out of school, busy summer days....I remember all that so I hope those of you dealing with young ones can find a good way to stay cool.

Marylou, good luck with the root canal (been there & done that myself).

Ava, how is your tooth infection doing? Better I hope.

Hello Pav, G, Narilly & everyone checking in today.
                                Wishing a nice, safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X