Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy Un Hung Mon everyone!

I am hoping for some hot weather here Lav. We may get up to 22C which is great.

Have a great sober day.
    xo
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Tuesday morning here. Whats on today? Gym, bag, run, swim.

day 8. Congrats Tony on 150 big ones!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yes, Mr G, our very own Tony (PP1) is clocking in with 150 days! So proud of you!
        Slammed at work today, sure makes the day go fast! I honestly couldnt have performed at this level if I were still hitting the bottle.
        Stopping the cycle of addiction is one of the hardest things Ive ever had to do, but it has been worth it in every way. I am so glad I finally wised up and cut that cord. I found every excuse for why I couldnt give up AL, and all of them were wrong. It was my addicted brain telling me why I should have that drink. I know now that not only can I live without it, I am HAPPIER without it. Whatever voice you hear that tells you that having a drink is a good idea, slap it in the face and tell it to F OFF!
        Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF! Hugs to all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Quiet day around the nest, huh?
          I hope everyone is busy working their palns

Hello to Narilly, G & Byrdie!
          Congrats on 150 Toney - nice!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi,

I'm here, Lav. I think the whole country is having a heat wave, so maybe everyone's out swimming or running through the sprinkler.

I don't have much to say this Tuesday. I hope you're out there, everyone, enjoying your sober lives.

Pav

Comment

Hello everyone, going off with my MIL to buy her an iPad. Its a Big Day! Its gonna be exciting, a whole new world will be opened up to her.

Hello, Pav, Lav, G, Byrdie, Mary Lou, everyone!

Don't drink today.
              xo
              Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hey, [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], I helped my dad set up and use an iPad, thankfully AFTER I quit drinking! Given the amount of help needed, it could have been a disaster if we'd tried that earlier!! I know I wouldn't have had the patience required and probably would have made him feel stupid with my irritated answers. Plus, it would have been so hard to clearly communicate (over the phone!) the steps he'd need to take. I'm still his "tech support" and it's been a lot of fun to work with him and see him so excited about all the things available online. Have fun with your MIL :smile:.

On Father's day we had 7 am breakfast in one time zone with one child and family and 8:30 pm dinner in a different time zone with other child and family. It was a long and traffic-jammed but fun and rewarding day that would not have happened 5 years ago. I know I would have somehow manipulated the situation so that I wouldn't miss out on my Daily Drinking --- and so would have missed, and caused others to miss, a special day.

Comment

What a busy day. Holy cow. Quick check in from me, NS, what a sweet visual.... helping your dad with the computer! You are such a peach. Good luck, Narilly! Hope it goes well for you and your MIL! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

No rain today, yay! Sunny & warm, not hot

NS, you are quite the traveler. Glad you enjoyed an AF weekend

Hello to Pav, Byrdie & everyone checking in today.
                    Let's all have a comfy & safe night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening nesters

Lav my tooth has settled down but needs to be pulled in 3 weeks, well i am thinking it is fine now so i may have to rethink till next time. i have no love for dentists.

all good here, cold but its winter. busy with work and life. I have a wedding to go to next month, no worries about drinking, i wont know many people so there will be no pressure. will be interesting to see how the other halves family consumes al.

take care x
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, Nest:

NS, I am tech support for my parents as well. Sometimes I think my mom is just being willful in not "getting" certain things because she is so quick to learn in every other situation. I think she's just resigned from the beginning... One of my better days last week was when they called to say the mouse wasn't working. I was able to quickly assess the situation and ask her to check to make sure it was plugged in (which it wasn't). Maybe I missed my calling as a tech expert? Anyway - it is a job that requires a lot of patience, so I, too, am glad to be doing it unhung. Your father's day sounds like a nightmare to me, covered in the sweetest day ever. So true that not drinking would get rid of the nightmare.

Byrdie - I'm with you. I am firing on all cylinders at work and working to a level that wouldn't have been possible if I was still drinking. I like working hard and getting stuff DONE with a clear head. It is so much better.

Ava - glad that tooth is better. Some of my nightmares involve teeth, so I am with you. Stay away. I loved the dentist when I was young as I loved the way my clean teeth feel and I was lucky to have no cavities, but now it all hurts and signifies age. Blech. I am going to a wedding as well this weekend. I went to a party to celebrate the bride already and she and all of her friends got DRUNK. I got annoyed by the end of the party so I left pretty quickly. I am sure this is a big drinking crowd. I'll have fun, the town is beautiful, and my husband is a lot of fun to dance with, so it will be ok. I don't have any thought that I want to drink. How cool is that?

Tony - congratulations! 150 is a great, big number. Any speeches about what made it possible? Words of advice for newbies and lurkers? We are missing a few who were here earlier.

Happy Hump Day, all. Take care of yourselves and DON'T DRINK.

xo
                        Pav

Comment

Good morning all, just dropping by to say hi!

xo
                          Don't drink today
                          Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hiya nesters near and not so far. day 10 for me. Antabuse in the mix and though it's early days on the stuff (a week), it could end up being a little life saver. My last 2.5 year quit was powered by a fresh experience and memories of a very low, excessive, depressive, self destructive long period, so there was no other way for me than 6 ft under or up, so i chose up. These days/last few years since breaking my last quit in 2011, i have been drinking less, but a hell of a lot of stop/start stop/start cycling which i haven't been happy about at all. Almost like moderating accidentally, but really, it has been a coping mechanism for the percieved empty void within, and emotional pain. I haven't been able to hold for more than 60, 90, 120 days of late. So! I thought about it and decided on antabuse as a mental deterrent. I know i won't drink on this stuff as i'm in a far less desperate state than i was when i came here in 2008. I'm optimistic that this is the little kick start i need along with maintaining a positive mindset and growing as a person in ways that are true to me. Antabuse stays in your system for around 2 weeks, so it's not for anyone who doesn't trust themselves to not drink in the near future.

Big waves to all. Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening, Nesters.
                              Pav, Im with you, I was wide open today. I am trying to get it all done by the time I go to a tradeshow this weekend in Washington, DC. I tell you, I could work 24 hours a day and not get it all done. Im getting faster at all this, but its still labor intensive, everything has to be customized, seems like no two situations are alike. Im just glad to have a job I like! The company is wonderful and they are great to their customers.
                              When I fly, I cant help but think back to my drinking days. What a ball and chain. I always wanted to connect in Charlotte because there was a wine store in the concourse. I could buy a bottle and have it when I arrived at my location. Those werent the days.
                              Im so glad your mind is in the right place, Mr G. Thats 90% of half the battle! So happy for you. Are you stilll seeing the lovely lady? Not to ne nosy, but...ok, Im nosy.
                              Hope everyone has a peaceful eveming! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters & Happy Summer

Great to see everyone enjoying their AF lives!

Ava, if that tooth is truly damaged, think about having it extracted so it doesn't come back & bite you in the butt again. I hate dentists too but they do serve a purpose. We have to be careful treating oral infections because they can end up causing heart disease & you don't want that. I hope yo continue to improve.

G, I am happy that you have a strong plan & the desire to rid yourself of AL once & for all. There is just no sense in leaving the door open only to find yourself back to where you were all those years ago or even worse. Keep moving forward & have zero regrets

Hello to Pav, Narilly, Byrdie & everyone.
                                Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X