Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Byrdie, it is a good thing we know you're on your phone or we'd think you were drunk :haha:!!! Isn't typing on the phone the worst?? Rivaled only by dictating and seeing what crazy stuff Siri comes up with... hope your trip goes well. And give my worst to Donald if you see him
    Last edited by NoSugar; June 25, 2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Changed the forum a bit have we haha

Checking in,

Can't figure out this new forum format, but had to post. My brother who I talked about on here as a major trigger committed suicide, been tough times. Lots of people drinking around me and lots of emotions for me. Thank God I don't drink because I wouldn't be able to be here for my family at all. Going to try to check in for a few months while I work through this. I don't want to go back to drinking, but I have been having cravings.
      Last edited by Dutch1988; June 25, 2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

My grandsons have gone home so I have a quiet house once again. It was an action packed & noisy 24 hrs.

Dutch, I am very sorry for your loss. I do remember you talking about your brother & his difficulties, sad. I am grateful that you are thinking clearly & helping your family navigate thru this. We had a similar tragedy with my husband's brother a few years ago. It takes time to process the 'whys' , I understand. Keep chasing those cravings away as I am sure you have been doing & stick around with us for a while. Take care of yourself.

Byrdie, enjoy DC - funny my son just worked his 24 hr shift & is home now.

LC, glad you are doing well.

Hello to NS, Pauly, ssd & everyone!
        Wishing a safe night in the nest for all.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Nesters,
          Dutch, good to see you. I also remember you talking about your brother and I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. As you said, thank goodness you're not drinking and can be there for your family and for yourself. Strength to you.

NS, that was a great post. Thank you.
          Yesterday was basically a good day.. a bit of stress from a situation I put myself in, but realized I don't have to do again. On the ride home, the thought of having a drink to "ease" the discomfort came to mind but I told myself to go home first, read a bit here, meditate/rest a bit. I did that and then went for a short run, made some dinner and spent some time with my eldest, watched a film.
          I'm feeling good, just a bit lost. I'm finally free to do what I want and though it's exciting, I feel a kindof pressure. I'm putting it on myself. And I'd rather just enjoy the time and every day life. Quiet. So when unpleasant thoughts come to mind, I'm immediately moving on to pleasant thoughts..

SSD, I'm right behind you!

Greetings to you all and Wishing everyone a nice Unhung Monday!
          Last edited by lifechange; June 25, 2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Hey nesters,

Hi Dutch. So sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. My condolences to you and your family. Take care of yourself there friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by ssd858 View Post

Gman - what are your plans for the date?
              Hi SSD. Thanks for asking. I'll try not to ramble on, but it went great. I was meeting with her around the time of your post! We went to a cosy little bar near me which had a lively brilliant 4 piece acoustic dixieland jazz band with a smoky raspy voiced female singer. We could talk over the band and bar food was real good. 3rd date and i think things went up a notch. We're both having a good time so far. :heartbeat: Hope your week ahead is a bewdy and congrats on day 4?

Good to see you LC! Congrats on what must be day 3.

Big waves to all.
              Last edited by Guitarista; June 26, 2017, 03:20 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi Dutch - my thoughts and prayers to you.

LC - you are sounding good. Be good to yourself - this part of week 1 seems to be a rough one mentally.

G man - thank you for sharing! Sounds like a perfect date. Enjoy this and your 2-week celebration!fireworks.jpg

Comment

Hi, Nest:

I am back from a fantastic weekend. Big party on Saturday night - I was last to leave AND totally sober. There were many, many too drunk people and I saw many of them yesterday morning. SO very happy that I felt great - seeing their faces was a good reminder of how I DON'T want to ever feel again.

LC! Great to see you. I think of you a lot and am very glad to see you back...

Dutch - so sorry for your loss. I am glad you checked in - I am happy to hear you have not been drinking.

G - FABULOUS!

There is more I want to say, but I have to run off to work.

Happy Monday!
                  Pav

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We had such a beautiful early summer day here with no humidity, grateful
                    I had the roof on the chicken house replaced today so I hope they are happy, ha ha!!!

Glad your date went well G!

Hello to LC, ssd, Pav & everyone.
                    Byrdie, I hope you are doing well in DC.

Have a safe night in the nest all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

fuck!
                      i won't give up, i won't give up! i won't give up.
                      i feel like giving up on myself now but i won't.
                      i feel terrible but have to get to work so i'll write more later. i won't disappear again. i will face myself and figure out how to do this.

Comment

Evening nesters

Dutch i am so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope your little family is doing well and you are looking after yourself also.

G, glad the date went well and the AB is working for you.

LC dont give up girl, you have this. In the beginning tiny things may stress you but remember your al brain will try anything to get you to drink. it will entice and cajole and tell you the world will be a better place if you drink, but its bullshit. These feelings will go in time believe that. Nothing is worth drinking AT or for.

Sad news for me today, my gorgeous beautiful dog Madison has liver cancer. This girl has been with me at my worst and my best, she has stuck by me and loves me unconditionally. I can only make her life comfortable as can be and love her even more. I am grateful for having her in my life and she is oblivious to it all. This is going to be a hard time for me but i have been the best mum for her these last 3 plus years and i am not going to make her last amount of time miserable by me drinking.

Take care x
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Sorry to hear that about Madison Ava. How long has she got? Take care of yourself. We're all here for you.

LC. Glad you checked in. Back on the horse.
                          Last edited by Guitarista; June 27, 2017, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Ava...sometimes its not about how long,but more about quality...Ive no doubt you will show her that too...x
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Dutch - so sorry to hear about your brother. My sincere condolences to you :heartbeat:

LC - definitely don't give up on yourself, that's exactly what al wants you to do. You will find your way to an AF life, but as Ava said, al will try to trick and cajole you off track every step of the way. It's hardest at the beginning, and then it seems to pop up at different times for different people after that. Hang tough and stick tight here in the nest.

Byrdie - hope DC is going well.

Darkest Diamond - so glad to see you, welcome back to the nest :heartbeat:

On my end, road trip has turned toward home. I survived the big weekend of gatherings with my family of in-laws. Wow, it was really challenging though - way more emotionally exhausting than I anticipated - but I didn't drink and I'm sure glad I didn't cuz I probably would have been a wreck. Thanks for the warm thoughts about my cousin. She's home from the hospital now and trying to decide whether to pursue treatment. Her brain cancer is not curable and is pretty aggressive, so the treatment is simply a way to buy a little more time and possibly a little more comfort (although the treatment itself won't be comfortable). I'll be heading to see her as soon as we can get there.
                              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi nesters,Wag more,I'm sorry about your cousin Dutch,I know your pain,just went through it myself,Ava,I'm sorry about Mads,I guess just make her comfortable and enjoy your time left with her,LC,you can do this! I understand the frustrating feeling but I also know how sick alcohol makes us,bleh! Hope everyone has a safe AF day.
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X