Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

So good to see you, Jane. Im so sorry that life has thrown you a curve ball. I hope that you and your family can get back on track shortly. I am wishing you all thr best.
    NS, our politics are just nuts. I wanted to choke one of my cowrkers for the stupid comments he kept making about it. What a mess.
    Drinking AT the problem wouldnt fix it. We must hold out hope!
    Stay strong everyone! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Jane, good to see you here & good idea checking in with us :hug:
      Life has been especially rough for you & your family this year, sorry. Drinking AT that crazy stuff won't help, we all know that so checking in was a good choice. Lots of deep breaths & keep moving forward. Your stepson sounds like he needs a dose of reality before he does kill himself or someone on the road. A bicycle sounds like a good idea!

Hi Narilly, NS & Byrdie!
      I cannot wait to see the end of the political BS going on right now! I am doing a lot more than hoping Byrdie. I am making phone calls, sending emails & faxes every single day. My reps know my name - believe me!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Nesters,

Dutch, I'm so very sorry about your brother.

Ava, enjoy your sweet time with your pup.

Wags, so sorry to hear about your cousin. Hopefully you will be able to spend some quality time with her.

I'm just plugging along over here. I've been trying to spend some time with my teenagers, which is nearly impossible because they're TEENAGERS. I swear, sitting down to dinner takes about ten minutes before they're off and on to snap chat or whatever. I cherish those ten minutes. After dinner Last night, I was able to have good conversations with each of them. They still open up to me, let me know what's going on socially, the who's, what's and where's. So far were still in a pretty sweet phase, no major issues. I'm just keeping my seat belt fastened. I would love for them to have jobs but I'm realizing finding jobs for summer are not so easy for teenagers anymore. Babysitting seems to be the best gig right now.

Happy sober Friday everyone.

Roobs

Comment

Hi, All:

GREAT to see you, Jane. I am sorry about your year, but I totally understand that desire to escape the simple way. That's why I came back here, too. A quick tune up every day... Sorry about your stepson - glad you're getting help. I'm with NS - knew you weren't drinking. But I'm glad you're realizing when you need some extra support.

Hi, Nar.

Roobs - I have two teenagers, also. I am grateful for the occasional dinner and chat time. My problem is that they're most talkative when I need to go to bed!

Happy Friday, and No Ticket To Boozeville Here (Right, G?)

Pav

Comment

Aloha nesters near and not so far.

How are you going there Ava?

Great to see you Jane. :happy2: Sheesh, it's been a tough year for you to be sure! I hope things smooth out there. You most definitely Raaawk!

Now looky here pilgrims, the weekend is here right? Now this ain't no freakin ticket to no boozeville see? K? K.

Saturday morning here in Oz and i'm cruising along nicely. Date night tonight! 4th date....Oh Em Gee! She's into it so i'm doing something right.

Have a great weekend out there. Just do your best friends.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G, glad to hear things are going well with your sweetie. Makes my heart sing for you! I feel like going out and doing my best friend! Bahahaha!
              Busy day here, was going to take Monday off but too much to do. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Byrdie
              Last edited by Byrdlady; June 30, 2017, 07:39 PM.
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

All this talk of teenagers makes me smile with fond memories, honestly! I liked my kids as teens & we did do a lot of talking, miss that

Good to see you Roobs!

Pav, teens like to stay up later & have more brain space than their parents, ha ha!!!

G, I am happy for you - enjoy the date

Byrdie, any July 4th cakes planned? Don't work so much that you don't have time for your craft!!!

Nothing planned this holiday weekend so far. We are last minute with that stuff these days. Today is my 44th wedding anniversary, wow. It certainly has had it's ups & downs but we have survived so far. Where does the time go?

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

No ticket here Pav! There's never a free pass to boozeville. There's a price to pay. We will always have to pay the ferryman.

Happy 44th anniversary Lav! Any plans to celebrate?

Take monday off Byrdy!

Have a gr8 weekend y'all.
                  Last edited by Guitarista; July 1, 2017, 02:00 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Good morning nesters,

Lav, 44 years?!! That's an amazing feat.Congratulationsto both of you. I hope you treat yourself to something special.

G-man, so excited for you and your next date. Two extremes here, 44 years and 4 dates. There's so many great things about each stage of relationships. I personally miss the butterflies of a new love interest. Sigh:love:

Jane, I'm so sorry for all your troubles, good for you for recognizing you need to check in. It seems that you have a long history of support here, people who know and understand you. Hang in there.

Happy sober Saturday everyone.
                    Roobs

Comment

Happy Canada Day everyone! I don't have time to read much right now because I am getting ready to party all DAY and AL is not invited!

It is going to be a beautiful day here and I will remember it because I will not be drinking!

Hi Jane, very nice to see you.
                      Pav, Roobs, Lav, Byrdie, Ava, everyone- I am so glad you are here.
                      xo
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Morning nesters

Happy 44th anniversary Lav, that is a hell of a long time to live with someone and very rare these days. Job well done to you!

How did the date go G?

I am doing ok, made it through a stressful week still intact just not emotionally stable but when am i ever! I met the new Professor that is taking over the department and he seems very nice and full on with so many plans. This will be a big decider on whether i stay after ten years or not. If i do stay i do need to move houses as the travelling for over two hours a day is doing my head in. looking for somewhere else to live is not enticing me either but change is always a bonus in life.

Lovely to see you pop in Jane and teenagers are hell on wheels. i have a dr at work with twin 10 year olds and she says her kids wont be like other teenagers and i just have a chuckle. a teenager is a teenager, awful with some good thrown in occasionally. mine didnt seem to become human till about 22, its a tough haul but worth it. happily to say mine are all now humans.

Mads is doing well and happy. its funny but she wants so many pats and just sits and looks at me, trying to figure out why i am sad perhaps. i do wish she could just open her mouth ad words come out. ive had the chat with her so we have our plan in place.

Well today is crisp, cold and lovely so i am off to go for a walk.

Have a great all day party Nar and of course you wont drink. Thats a given.

take care x
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Hot & humid as it gets around these parts. Grateful for the AC - believe me!
                          My daughter & her family were here for dinner & it was nice to just sit & talk.

Ava, it's tough to just pick up & move but if it would provide an opportunity for a solid future for you then maybe it would be worthwhile. I hope it's not something you have to decide in a hurry.
                          Glad Mads is feeling pretty good
                          I wouldn't mind if you sent some of that crisp air this way.

Hello to Narilly, Roobs, G & everyone.
                          I hope everyone has plans to stay on track during this long holiday weekend. Keeping our quits is more important than anything. We deserve the mindpeace

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi nesters.

Great date thanks Ava. We're doing it again this week. Lot's of 4's round this joint Roobs! Lav's 44th, Satz's 40th. anni, i'm born on the 4th, 4th date! 4's a good number today. Hi Lav!

Hope all are safe and sound out there.
                            Last edited by Guitarista; July 1, 2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Speaking of 4's. I'll be 4 years sober in a few weeks. It's been a trying year, between my sons near fatal accident and the loss of his dear Amy to my shoulder injury I'm just glad to see the tail end of this last year. I'm pleased that my sobriety has never been tested! Thanks to all for the good vibes. It really does mean a lot. To be honest I was scared to death of oxy, I took it for a few days after the initial accident and then two weeks ago after the shoulder replacement surgery. I was happy to move on to Tylenol and ibuprofen after the first week All in all I'm doing well with the new shoulder. Glad to pop in and see success in the nest!
                              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi, Nest:

Nar - Canada has a BIG day - 150 years! I hope the party was fun.

G and Lav - Love the 4 bookends, and glad it is going well.

Ava - I had to laugh. I work with teenagers and have two at home. Tell that doctor that I've NEVER seen a teenager not be a teenager. I saw a doc once about teenagers in other cultures, and one reason that ours can be such a pain is that they don't really have a "role" in our culture. They have to exert themselves somehow to prove they are maturing, but we don't give them much of an avenue to do so. Our schools are situated so that they have to learn before they "do" so they feel useless and have to exert their usefulness but being stubborn pains in the a$$. Glad you and Mads are enjoying each other.

I had a long week and came home on Friday night to my husband making a large martini for himself. Every once in a while I get that "dang, I feel sorry for myself" feeling. I know it doesn't do me any good to wallow in it, but just then I knew that one martini would take the edge off quickly, but of course I wouldn't have stopped at one martini. We ended up going to have dinner with old friends we haven't seen in a while. Lots of laughs, no regrets.

I have a lot planned today - better get myself going. Happy Sober Sunday, Nest.

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X