• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Thanks for the reminder and link, Pav!

Comment

I've had such a tired day and have decided that I'm going to begin to clean up my diet tomorrow. I have been eating way too much sugar and I'm feeling the roller coaster effect of it. So at the very least, I'll cut down.

Pav, forgot to ask how your son is doing..?

Ok. I'm off to watch a bit of something and will then head off to bed by 9.. I'll be happy when Thursday is here as the next few days will be very stressful at work. I'll be checking in here as often as possible.. especially if I feel I need help staying grounded. I'm going to try and take each day and event as it comes, not thinking tooo much about the next day to come. Usually that works well.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday..perhaps even peaceful and restful..

How are you doing, Ssd?

:hug: to all!
      Last edited by lifechange; July 16, 2017, 01:13 PM.

Comment

LC, the cookie comtest was at our corporate office in Pittsburgh so I ahd to mail in my cookies. I dont know what the winning cookie was or looked like. There was a company picnic afterwards and my teammate told me that my cookies were gobbled up, so at least that.
        What an interesting situation youbhave with Andre. Im glad you are helping him get access to the tools he needs to yet out of his bad situation. As you know, if we want something badly enough, we can make it happen. You are a saint!

Ava, I was just talking to my niece about her wedding and the costs associated. I read an article that the average attendee spends $600 and members of the wedding party spend $1000! We will spend that to attend her wedding. I havent even thought of what to wear, its late January so I have time. I think the wedding indusrty is propping up our whole economy
        A lazy Sunday, here, just the way I love it. . Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Sounds like everyone had a good day
          I did too until a wasp decided to sting me as I was putting the chickens to bed - ouch!

LC, you do sound great, I am happy for you. Andre sounds like a decent person who needs a hand up, good for you.
          I live in Pennsylvania - mid-Atlantic region where it always seems to be too hot & humid in the summer, ha ha!!

Byrdie, you keep making your fab cookies. Some day the right person will see & taste the love in them

Ava, good deal on the outfit - great!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all. I'm going to go ice my poor swollen finger (wasps are real a$$holes), ha ha.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone I haven't been around for a while. I think the last time I posted I wrote about the passing of Itsjustme. I still think of him, even though I never met him except here in MWO and then became FB friends. I did find out his death was not drinking related. He died scuba diving with his wife. So at least he was doing something he loved. I was relieved when I found that out. I'm here today because I just don't feel healthy. My drininking is not out of control, which is good. I'm glad for that. By that I mean, I don't black out anymore, I drink more like once a week now, and not really a binge... I sapose I'd say I'm in a somewhat great place to stop again. Nothing bad has happened, I'm not freaking out. I don't feel scared. I think I just feel fat and icky physically and I think AL holds me back from feeling good. It seams like I've got the mental aspect of this in a much better place as far as I'm not beating myself up.. etc.. just now I want the physical benefits of not drinking. If that makes since? I'm in school again working on a bachlors and I'm pretty sure that is why I haven't been drinking much, because I need my head to study. I've been spending my time doing that and it's been amazing.. but I let myself down by endulging in AL when I have a break, it's starting to feel more like a punishment then a reward. If you know what I mean? Anyway, I'm here again and I hope everyone is doing well.
            AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Morning Nesters!
              Just a quickie, running off to work.

Choices, so nice to see you! How exciting that you've gone back to school.. what are you studying? As far as the drinking goes, why not make a commitment to 30 days AF to see how you feel? It sounds as if you're not drinking so much anyway.. so you could stop for a month and then re-evaluate..?
              Lovely to have you back in the Nest!

Lav, we're having a bit of warm and humid here and it's killin' me! :happy2:

Hello to everyone and love to everyone on this gorgeous Un-hung Monday morning.. if for nothing else, I can be happy about that!

Comment

Morning, Nest--

Sorry about your sting, Lav. I HATE those wasps. I suppose they're good for something, but I haven't figured it out...

Good to see you, Choices. I'm with LC - give it 30 days and reassess. I think that the reason for quitting can be as simple as "alcohol gets in the way of my feeling my best." Good luck in school!

My son is ok. Bad sprain which is a bummer - he's an active kid and this will hamper the last few weeks of summer. Plus, he plays sports, so he'll miss summer practices. But certainly athletes get sprained ankles...

Happy Monday. Have fabulous days...

Pav

Comment

Choices - good to see you! I'm so glad to hear Itsjustme didn't pass from al related issues, although the news is still sad. Congrats on the progress toward your degree! Sometimes I think I'd like to go back to school. May I ask what you are studying?

Ava - I missed this back in an earlier post I'm sure - is the cannabis oil for Mads a CBD product or a full spectrum? I'm curious for two reasons: because I live in a U.S. state where both medical and recreational cannabis are legal so it's just on my radar in general, and more recently I've been the family member researching whether cannabis (CBD and or THC) oils might be useful for my cousin with brain cancer. So basically I'm just curious and interested as the landscape is changing re the use of cannabis. I personally think it's moving in a good direction, but I understand that not everyone feels that way.

Lav - sorry to hear about the wasp sting - those little buggers really hurt!

Pav - yep, as a former athlete I can vouch that sprained ankles in particular are part of the experience. What sports does your son play?

Mr V - good to see you!

Waves to Byrdie, G-man, LC, and everyone else checking in here today!
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Just checking in to stay completely accountable.. out of nowhere today at work, my mind began to entertain the thought of drinking wine. I had to clear it out of a fridge to store something else. I drank a huge glass of sparkling water with lemon and thought about having to start again from square one. This time quitting was the most difficult thus far and as we all know, we're dealing with something progressive. So I came straight home and had a look in the mirror (which I can do again! after just 11 days:happy2 and asked myself, "do you really want to go through the whole shit again? and what if you can't stop? and what's with the girls who are coming home tonight and are so excited about seeing you and celebrating the last days of school?".. not to mention how much more stressful the already stressful days at work would be.. and on top of it the GSR brothers, etc. etc. etc... So I'm through it for the day. And that's what counts..
                    Thank you all for being here.. just knowing that helps a lot.
                    xx back in a while.

Comment

Almost one year. I'm so close to reaching the one-year mark I can taste it! I'm not terribly active on facebook, but July of last year happened to be a month where we first had family visiting and then we went camping, and the people I was with during those two periods posted pics and tagged me. So, as a result, I have "one year ago" reminders popping up on FB now and the pics are very clear marks on my timeline. The family visit was a week-long drinking party, and the camping trip started off that way as well. It was the last night of camping that I finally said "enough" and ceremoniously poured all of my remaining al over the campfire as a symbolic gesture to signal the start of my final.

I can't wait to reach this milestone and then to continue right on past it. I'm so grateful I finally got my act together and maintained my quit. After years of regularly waking up and feeling some degree of regret, I can honestly say I haven't felt regret a single time over the past year. That in and of itself is a huge benefit to being AF, and there are so many more!

One year milestone, look out - Wags is coming to get you!!!
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Awesome, Wags!!!! I've been counting down the days with you each morning as I sign on to the roll call.. Do you have plans to celebrate? xx

Comment

Way to go Wags, treat yourself to something nice!

Hi Life, great to see you.

I have been non stop busy for 2 weeks here and I haven't been able to post. We had the Calgary Stampede here in Calgary and things were nuts. I only had one hard time where I wanted to drink and I posted here. Thank goodness you were here for me.

Anyway now it is catch up day. I will post later.
                          Xo
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good job not letting the big baby whiny part part of your brain win, LC! Of course moving bottles of wine around on day 11 AF made you think of drinking! Why wouldn't it? It doesn't mean you have to do it – and you didn't :smile:!

Originally posted by wagmor View Post
                            Almost one year. I'm so close to reaching the one-year mark I can taste it! I'm not terribly active on facebook, but July of last year happened to be a month where we first had family visiting and then we went camping, and the people I was with during those two periods posted pics and tagged me. So, as a result, I have "one year ago" reminders popping up on FB now and the pics are very clear marks on my timeline. The family visit was a week-long drinking party, and the camping trip started off that way as well. It was the last night of camping that I finally said "enough" and ceremoniously poured all of my remaining al over the campfire as a symbolic gesture to signal the start of my final.

I can't wait to reach this milestone and then to continue right on past it. I'm so grateful I finally got my act together and maintained my quit. After years of regularly waking up and feeling some degree of regret, I can honestly say I haven't felt regret a single time over the past year. That in and of itself is a huge benefit to being AF, and there are so many more!

One year milestone, look out - Wags is coming to get you!!!
                            I'm so happy for you Wags. What you write reminds me of a recent Anne Lamott FB post about a chapter in her most recent book:
                            There is a chapter describing the process in Hallelujah Anyway, which you can read in any bookstore, without buying the book, beginning on page 143.If an egomaniac like me, with an inferiority complex and a massive anxiety
                            disorder, can get and stay sober, believe me, anyone can. It begins with Step Zero, when you wake up one morning and say to yourself, "This shit has got to stop." Then? Ask around.
                            The best thing that can happen is that we reach that point before we hurt or destroy ourselves or anyone else. There's no point in waiting for an obvious "rock-bottom". And really, isn't hating yourself about as low as a person can go anyway? That's where I was.

I'm looking forward to celebrating your Re-Birthday with you!

Comment

Wags, your post struck a chord with me also. Life without AL is so much more rewarding, in every way. It is scary to think how afraid I was to give it up....I finally had to make a choice....give in to AL, or fight like hell against it. There is no middle ground, I could not make it work in any amount. I almost lost my beloved husband, my home, and my comfortable life....everything I had worked so hard for was in jeorpardy...all because of AL. Now that I have distance from it, I am AMAZED at the power of this addiction. AL had a death grip on me. Now I wonder what all the fuss was about....as long as I dont touch it, I am fine. I will always be an alcoholic, so even with 6+ years behind me, I remain vigilant.
                              The rewards of being AF are ours for the taking, just stick with it.
                              Thank you, Wags, for reminding me of why I came here in the first place. We are so proud of you! Get your speech ready! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

good evening Nesters,

Glad to see everyone!

LC, good job working thru that thought today - that's the way you get the job done

Wags, we are anxious to help you celebrate! Byrdie will bake something if we ask nicely!!!!

Pav, glad your son is OK. Kids heal pretty quickly, thank goodness.

Choices, nice to see you back. Having a goal of feeling 100% physically is a good start! A 30 day AF challenge is a great place to start, good for you.

Hello to Narilly, Byrdie & anyone I've missed.
                                I had a nice visit with my daughter & granddaughter today, I am happy.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X