Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I just realized that I missed Molly & Rusty. Hi there. Hope that you have a wonderful time tomorrow Molly.
    How are you doing Rusty?
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

@Hippy Chick- I'm glad you resisted having A on your birthday. That took some real strength!:cheering:

@Mama Bear- I'll send those chocolate slugs along to Mrs. Fennel, although I doubt she'll be able to stomach them! :H

Nora, I'm here! At least until Mrs. Fennel rustles up some supper...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday, Nestlings!

Wow, it has been quiet in here today! Usually, there are about 6 pages to catch up by the end of he day

Lav - good to 'see' you - take Rusty's advice... I've never tried it but a vet actually recommended the same for one of my other dogs.

Nora, hope you're enjoying and chillaxin' this fine Sunday.

Fennel! Yay.. you're back! Sounds like you had a fantastic time! Even while having to fight off the HH wildlife :H Poor Mrs. Fennel.

Hi Molly and congrats on the reno! You must be soooo relieved! Have fun tomorrow with family and other gaukers!

Hello to MamaBear, Hipster, Tranq, Running, Ringing, Katie, Chook, and whoever else pops in tonight. I'm still feeling like crap and will probably numb my mind and pain watching TV for a bit Chirp at you in the morning!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

This time difference is starting to be a real problem!

Glad to see you back Molly. Hope you have fun showing off your new kitchen.

Am realising my "tough love" approach with some people doesnt do anything but offend them so have to work on being a bit more gentle. It's hard when you are trying to express an opinion or offer support in a post thru the internet. It doesnt always come out as it is meant to as you cant see or feel the emotion and caring behind the words. Even in my physical life, I think I am abit the same.
          My mission here is to offer help and support for those who are struggling as I was helped when I first came here. That's all. I'm not here to brag that I am AF. I am truly amazed that I am AF, I struggled for years to moderate with no success, so to be completely alcohol free is so astounding for me.
          Anyway I will get off my soap box. I just wanted to say that as I have had the feeling that I may upset some with my directness. I hope that is not the case and it is just my paranoia once again rearing it's' ugly head.
          Take care.
          HC
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;847372 wrote: Good afternoon Nesters,

Quiet here today............

Nothing happening in my world - really - I just took a nap!
            I'm watching my son's goofy goldens this weekend & they keep me awake half the night pacing the hallway. They need some doggie downers, I swear.

Love your picture Nora

Wishing everyone a good rest of the day in the Nest
            Lav
            Lav, I don't know how old you are, but do you remember the old Saturday Night Live shows from the 70's?...specifically, the commercial for "Puppy Uppers and Doggy Downers"...LOL! That show hasn't been as funny since, I swear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy...you have not offended me.....ever...but that's hard to do
              I spent the day at our lake mowing and trimming and weedeating and lying on the dock in the sun.
              Great day....but now I am tired and sunburned....
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy - what's going on?
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

@Sunshine_gg...Mrs. Fennel survived her vacation, thank goodness! There was no end to vermin to hinder her happiness, but I was there to protect her. Even the most harmless of spiders is a threat to her. I love spiders. I wonder how she got this way?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy Chick;847494 wrote: This time difference is starting to be a real problem!

Glad to see you back Molly. Hope you have fun showing off your new kitchen.

Am realising my "tough love" approach with some people doesnt do anything but offend them so have to work on being a bit more gentle. It's hard when you are trying to express an opinion or offer support in a post thru the internet. It doesnt always come out as it is meant to as you cant see or feel the emotion and caring behind the words. Even in my physical life, I think I am abit the same.
                    My mission here is to offer help and support for those who are struggling as I was helped when I first came here. That's all. I'm not here to brag that I am AF. I am truly amazed that I am AF, I struggled for years to moderate with no success, so to be completely alcohol free is so astounding for me.
                    Anyway I will get off my soap box. I just wanted to say that as I have had the feeling that I may upset some with my directness. I hope that is not the case and it is just my paranoia once again rearing it's' ugly head.
                    Take care.
                    HC
                    Hippy, I haven't detected that you've offended anybody (although I'm rather thick in that area, admittedly). I find it admirable that you've been able to remain A free, especially in the event of your b-day. I greatly respect you for it. :l

I would like to say that I find your avatar extremely attractive. Wisconsin is the dairy state here in the U.S., and all my relatives are dairy farmers. Cows are creatures of extreme beauty hereabouts!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Popping in to say goodnight and make a statement or two

Fennel - I'm 56! I believe I've seen every episode of SNL - it was the best show ever

Hippy - I must have blinked & missed something. Don't ever feel bad about giving a straightforward, honest opinion. God knows I do it all the time. As long as we are talking to each other with love & concern - there is no problem, really!

OK, wishing everyone a good night, good day or whatever.........
                      Be safe in the Nest!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - I blinked and missed it too. ?? Don't know what happened.
                        Please keep my friend in your good thoughts. Waiting for her husband to call me. I am hoping to hear that she is resting comfortably in the hospitable. :h
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Norac - your friend is in my thoughts and prayers.. xx
                          Just thought i would let you all know i got the flat i looked at last week.. so me and my son are moving into a bigger and better home.. next Saturday! so i have heaps to sort out..
                          Take care everyone,
                          Katie xx
                          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning....
                            Nora...hope your friend is resting
                            Good news on the flat Katie
                            Hope Mrs Fenel likes her gift....
                            off to work..will check in later
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy I see where you are coming from, gold was trying to help me in the chat room last night and I showed very bad etiquette and left without saying anything, he/she was just telling me what I didn't want to hear.
                              I like your posts hippy, I didn't see anything that may have offended anyone, but if it did then it's them who are not ready to hear it - bit like what I was last night.
                              A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for your responses guys. I'm just overly sensitive at the moment.

Katie - I am pleased you got the flat. New start for you.
                                Fennel - cows are creatures of extreme beauty - they taste bloody good too..... Better than ferel cats!
                                Hey Tranq - McIlroy did well, didnt he? Teaching those older players a thing or two.
                                Mama - how much land do you have? Your own lake?? OMG.....

Hope everyone is having a good night.
                                See you tomorrow.
                                HC
                                I finally got it!
                                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                                X