Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Some wonderful milestones going on!
    TJAF with 4 big years! If my feet disnt hurt so bad, Id get up and dance! :dancin: well done!
    Orimus clocking in with 6 months over on roll call, simply amazing! What made it click this time, O? Speech!
    Yes, people and free stuff, quite a combo! I will be ready to pack up whats left and go home tomorrow. I wish they would take the brochures and information, dang it!
    Hugs to all, off to soak my feet. Byrdie
    Last edited by Byrdlady; July 29, 2017, 04:18 PM.
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yo Nesters!

Congrats on 4 years TJ! Congrats Orimus on 6 months! that's my next target.

You work so hard Byrdy! I hope you get some rest and me time real soon.

It's just the weekend pilgrims, not a ticket to no freakin boozeville k? K. Have a gr8 weekend everyone. And throw in some self loving will ya?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

4 years. Hooray for me!!!!:welldone:
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

morning nesters

TJ a huge happy 4th birthday to you. Following along very happily in your footsteps. i hope you have a lovely day with a huge smile on your face on what you have achieved these last 4 years. Hugs to you.

Ori congrats to you also on 6 months. Onwards is the only way to go now, most of the hard work you have achieved and it surely gets better and better.

A busy crazy week for me but still plodding along. Finally organised to meet a friend for lunch yesterday who i have not seen in nearly a year, we had a lovely catch up. an old flame from my drinking days who likes me so much better now. he said it wasnt that i wasnt a lovely woman, its just that i drank. I surely did! my mum is moving to melbourne in a few weeks to live with my son, now that will be interesting but she seems a lot happier so my fingers are crossed. she will be living 2 hours away so better than 15 and hopefully we can start to have a mother daughter relationship. time will tell.

Mr V your story of your niece is so sad. I do hope she is going to be ok. A stark reminder to me that being sober is a lifestyle that needs daily work even as the years roll on.

A fb memory came up to day about my drinking days and i just shake my head with the memory of it all. Of course i wasnt that bad and of course i could stop at any time, i just chose not too. As us oldies say now, the life we envisaged if we stopped drinking was a lie. I thought i would be bored, not be any fun, not enjoy my life and nothing would be any better than if i was drinking. Today i would not ever go back to my drinking days, nothing was ever fun after i became addicted.

Great to see you posting LC, love hearing about your days and congrats on your 3 weeks sober.

Off for another cuppa. Love to everyone i havent mentioned.

Take care and keep going Mr G, you are a champ!
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Feeling sad, we had to say goodbye to our 14 1/2 year old dog today
            She was absolutely the sweetest & kindest 100 lb baby we've ever had. She lived well beyond the life expectancy for a Swiss Mountain dog & will be missed.

Roobs, glad to see you & hear you are doing well.

LC, we are surrounded by Amish farms here but we have established a working friendship with one family in particular. They have helped us out with our ongoing chicken project over the years, good people. The young one using get to laying by the age of 5 1/2 months or so. One or two of them have already started. They all look alike so I can't tell who is & who isn't at this point. I just know I get a tiny egg every other day or so
            We've had as many as 30 layers at once - too much!!!

Pav, the chickens don't smell any more than any other animals but you do need to be vigilant about cleaning up after them.

TJ, CONGRATS to you on your 4 years AF :welldone:
            I am very happy for you & wish you all the best!!

Hello to Wags, Byrdie, G, Ava & anyone I may have missed.
            Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. I know she brought you a great deal of joy. I am thinking of you and holding you close in my thoughts. Pain is the price of love, but that doesnt make it any easier. Hugs dear lady. Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Lav sorry about your dog. Mine are very young at 10 weeks and 2 1/5 years. My cat though crushed me after 1000$ trying to help him on Christmas Eve. I am sorry for you loss and I know how much it means to all of us.
                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks friends.

Just so you know - I started a party thread for our friend TJ over in General because everyone deserves a party for 4 years
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. Darn it, that's such a hard loss to grieve and work through. I hope she passed peacefully and that you in turn find peace and comfort in your memories of time with her. :sad: :heartbeat:
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Lav. I'm so sorry about your pup. My Newfie made it to the same age and we are currently loving our 15 1/2 year old collie/golden mix. It's so hard to say goodbye. My thoughts are with you tonight
                      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Lav, my condolences as well. I'm very sad to hear of the loss of your doggie friend.. hugs and love to you.

Comment

Just a quick fly by for me this morning..

Congratulations, TJ on 4 big years.. your words are few here in the Nest, but your presence is large, your message right on. Thank you for that..

Comment

I've been afforded a few more minutes.. we're getting ready for a trip to the lake today and I'm trying not to be a nag in pushing everyone to hurry. It is Sunday, after all. I always have this thing about being one of the first there to get a good spot.. :happy2: relax..

I love the talk about resisting less. I agree that "acceptance" is the most important step. I think I have accepted and am actually also ok and happy about it. I still have to figure out what to do when the urge to escape, to just get wasted, appears. Does that urge just disappear with time? Or did you all actively "work" on other methods of escape? I know for me, meditation, exercise, getting into a good book or film all help me to calm down or get away from myself.. but I think what I really liked about drinking and the reason I did it for so long was because it allowed me to completely check out. Of course, the consequences of that have proven to be catastrophic and not in any way worth it. Anyway, I'd love to hear what some of you who have been at this for awhile have to say..

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday..
                            xx

Comment

Oh lav i am so sorry to hear of your beautiful girl dying. sending you huge hugs from me and i have you in my thoughts during this time.

LC those thoughts of drinking do appear sometimes when stress (big trigger for me) is involved but the rational me knows and accepts that i cannot ever drink. I have tools like talking to the children or playing games, going for walks or watching a show to take my mind off al or just telling someone that i would really like a drink. no point in hiding those feelings as i am a firm believer that if i keep it inside then that is not a healthy way to express myself. i also know that there is no way in hell i could come on here and say i have drank, i have too many people that have helped me for over 3 years to ever let them down. Accountability always is a key to keeping sober. i let too many people down when i drank to repeat that again. Very rarely do those thoughts occur and that is the greatest blessing about time away from al.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Lav,
                                I'm so sorry to hear about your precious pup. If only we could all love as unconditionally as our furry friends. Take care sweet lady.
                                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X