Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

G, listen to the NURSES!!!! They know what they're talking about, ha ha!
    Wishing you the very best. The procedure is not at all bad in this day & age, honestly

Hello to the entire crowd. This day has totally gotten away from me, busy work & all.
    Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!!!!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks ladies. job done, back home and all good. the doc let me go home early which i'm grateful for. A few painkillers if needed, but no exercise or running for a few weeks which will frustrate the hell outta me, but i get it. Some time off work necessary too, as no way could i drive my manual transmission car for at least a week or 2. Doc reckons i should be right for the gig, just no lifting. I've got the band organised to do that. The level of care and friendliness from the Cleaner, Receptionists, Docs, Nurses was top notch. And it's a public hospital. The nurses deserve special mention. They were outstanding. Probably learnt from our Lav! Anyway, it's great to have it outta the way.

Take it easy.
      Last edited by Guitarista; August 17, 2017, 05:01 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glad everything is ok and went smoothly Mr.G
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks Pauly. Hope you're good.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi everyone - just a quick fly-by and check in to say all is well and I see my 400-day milestone in the not too distant future - that'll be fun, even though it doesn't convert to a certain number of weeks or months etc.

G-dude, hope you're feeling better soon! Glad you're home at least :hug:

I'll have to read back and catch up a bit. Sounds like there's a stack of waffles or something waiting for me back a few days...

Have a great MAE everyone!
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good Morning:

Whoa, G. A surgery announcement, surgery, and home all in a blink of my eye. Glad you're such a quick recover-er. Take care of yourself. Good book going?

Not much to report here.

Pav

Comment

Hello nesters,

Wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery Gman.

I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee watching my two silly dogs sit on each other trying to squeeze into the same doggy bed. They bring me so much joy. I'm grateful to be unhung on this Thursday.

Roobs

Comment

Hi Nesters..
                  all good here!

G-Man! great to hear everything went well and you're already home.. Listen to them and Don't Lift! No matter what.. Let your friends take care of you and let yourself heal properly.. my 2 cents after not having done that.:happy2: Enjoy the down time and you'll be back up in no time.. xx

Hope you're all having a good day.. we're going from sunny to stormy as fast as I've ever seen!!

Comment

Hi Nesters,

Gman - so glad it's done, you're well, and everything is okay.

LC, Roobs - you both sound good too. Yeah.

Just got back from an impromptu, two-day visit to the MILs. She is such a contrarian. Even when you agree with her 'point', she'll say the complete opposite. Being sober is such a gift to me at those times. I'm able to maintain civility, do the eye roll in my mind, and respectfully disengage from the conversation. When I was drinking, I'd go toe to toe and nothing good would ever come from that.

We came home to a new roof - yippee. We've been dealing with the insurance co for more than a year after some particularly bad hail damage. Very grateful they finally settled. It's good to be home.

On another note - a close friend of mine is celebrating her one year sober birthday today. I'm so proud of her. I have known her for 30 years, but I have enjoyed our conversations sooo much more this past year. Unfortunately she has physical issues due to alcohol but a year without the poison has, without question, lengthened her life.

TTFN - ML
                    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

I feel the way you do about your interactions with your MIL, [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], regarding so many things these days. I shudder to think how I would have dealt with our political turmoil before I quit. I'm afraid I might have slipped into permanent escape mode. It is humbling to realize things could have gotten even worse than they were - and I assure you, they were pretty bad! I find that I"m more able to be patient and (less) judgmental with challenging friends and relatives. It's so nice not to get caught up in needless negativity! Congratulations to your friend! I remember that it was a challenge for you to figure out the best way to help her.

Glad you came through in good shape, Mr G. Your body might actually enjoy the rest for a couple weeks. You'll be back in business soon :smile:.

Comment

Originally posted by wagmor View Post

G-dude, hope you're feeling better soon! Glad you're home at least :hug:
                        Thanks Wags! feeling much better and recovering quickly. Just look at the energy and enthusiasm that jumps out from ur posts in general. Wowza! You're my hero friend.

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
                        Good Morning:

Whoa, G. A surgery announcement, surgery, and home all in a blink of my eye. Glad you're such a quick recover-er. Take care of yourself. Good book going?
                        Thanks Pav! Another hero of mine.

Originally posted by Roobs View Post
                        Hello nesters,

Wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery Gman.
                        Thanks Roobs! You're another hero of mine.

Originally posted by lifechange View Post

G-Man! great to hear everything went well and you're already home.. Listen to them and Don't Lift! No matter what.. Let your friends take care of you and let yourself heal properly.. my 2 cents after not having done that.:happy2: Enjoy the down time and you'll be back up in no time.. xx
                        Thanks LC. Will do! Yet ANOTHER hero of mine round this joint!

Originally posted by Marylou123 View Post
                        Hi Nesters,

Gman - so glad it's done, you're well, and everything is okay.
                        Thanks Marilou! Gr8 stuff on the new roof. A year wait? Damn insurance companies! Your positivity and common sense obviously from living sober jumps off the page. Another hero of mine round here.

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

Glad you came through in good shape, Mr G. Your body might actually enjoy the rest for a couple weeks. You'll be back in business soon :smile:.
                        Thanks NS! Sheesh, is it possible for yet another hero to be here around here?............. Yes!

Recovering well and quickly. 2nd day home. Geez, be careful when googling outcomes. the horror stories i read from people who'd had a similar op was unsettling! Blokes whinging 20 days after the op saying they were still in pain and life was hopeless, others agreeing! Poor souls, i hope they all made a full recovery. maybe 1 or 2 happy stories out of 10! but they were from a couple years back. Surgery process has probably improved since then, but i had a switched on experienced surgeon and team in my corner.

Mini relationship break up report: Still a little sad into the 2nd week since the news, but i'm feeling much better and positive. Stopping boozing has no doubt helped with this big time. Boozing when going through anything sad or distressing can be a quick stress relief for an hour or so, but ultimately it will bite your sweet ass and take you down to a very negative, bad, sad, illogical place in your head filled with irrational thoughts that will often lead you to dangerous acts. Dangerous includes more drinking at the very least. Self harm right there. No way out except through in these cases. i told myself - Get done with the drinking and get the hell outta there and move yourself forward.

Friday morning here. I tell's ya, the weekend ain't no ticket to no boozeville see? Take it easy.

Comment

Morning nesters

Well the last day of my week off and i feel so much better in myself, not to say by Monday of next week i wont feel like ive had time off but its been much needed. Had a lovely birthday lunch with my girls and son. We went to a pub and i did think at the time that it is a wonderful feeling to think "its just a pub" with no thoughts of al or urges/cravings. Some days it hits me of how proud of myself i am and how far i have come along.

Congrats on 400 days Wags. When i post on the Sunday Shoutouts and type in the numbers,i always think "is this right, is this me". Not drinking does become the norm in time.

G glad your op went well, it is a great hospital i must say! The other half has to have the same op but not sure when, this will be the second time but he doesnt like to listen or do as he is told so listen to what they say!

Mary i had to have a chuckle about "contrarian", maybe i should call my mother that instead of other words that have come to mind. I do find i am not as defensive with her as i used to be and i put that down to sobriety, she still tries to push all of my buttons but my eye rolling wins hands down.

Over at the mans, so going to give his house a woman's clean and finish my first beanie knitting with round needles, not sure of the outcome yet but i have learnt something new and remembered it! A cold, windy, wintery day here so an inside day for me.

Take care x
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I enjoy a lovely impromptu visit from my daughter & granddaughter, we ended up going to the zoo. It was hot & very humid so we kind of sped our way thru then went for a nice lunch together

G, congrats on your successful procedure. Sounds like you came thru with flying colors, nice!
                            Just follow your post op instructions & everything will heal nicely. We are all proud of you :hug:

Marylou, I had one of those contrarian MILs too, ugh. She was SO hard to be around & so was her mother, geez. I'm glad to hear you have figured out how to tune her out, ha ha. Nice on the new roof!

Hi to Wags, Roobs, LC, NS, Ava & everyone.
                            Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening nesters. Slammed at work today. Im trying to get everything finished up before vacation next week. Lots to do. Just had dinner with my sister and niece, they are heading to my nieces new apartment tomorrow. We've had her in town for a year, now she goes back. I will miss her.
                              Tomorrow will be nuts trying to get to a stopping point with work. Ill do my best and leave the rest.
                              Hugs to all, glad you are feeling better Mr G! Byrdie
                              Last edited by Byrdlady; August 19, 2017, 08:48 AM.
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Nesters,
                                Just a quick fly by this morning on my way to work.
                                I got caught up reading about the latest attack in Barcelona. So very sad and scary.
                                Will check in again and read back later this afternoon..
                                xx and hugs to all of you

Comment

Working...
                                X