X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mel Gibson used to have that effect on me
    Whaddayamean.. USED TO???? Whew.. is it warm in here?? :H

Going absolutely nuts trying to get things ready for horses... it's MOVING DAY today (did I already mention that?). Ya know.. I LOVE Mr. Wonderful.. adore him, even.. but..

I CANNOT FRIGGIN STAND ANYONE PUTTING MY TOOLS AWAY!!!! He has this idea about all tools go into the shop... I can't find a THING.. and I've spent a small fortune on tools over the years.. just so I HAVE MY OWN FRIGGIN TOOLS!

Well.. do you think I can get my greedy lil hands on ONE electric drill/screw driver this afternoon? :no:

ARRRRGH! :H
    Back laters.. oh... and now it's starting to rain again.. oh Goodie... just what I wanted for today. Hrmpfh.
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

start up queries

hi, total newbie... What is a permalink? How do i view latest posts? Will my nose ever regain the pink tone i was born with?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunshine, my hubbie reckons I rob everyone of his electric drills/screw drivers/hammers/pick axes. I am a 53 year old woman with Nooooooooooo interest in anything more technical than a doorbell so I have a teenchy-weenchy sympathy with your Mr Wonderful?! Hope the horses and stuff work out well!
        How are all?
        Had a lovely afternoon with all 4 off-springs, only daughter usually very jealous of eldest son, but today,eldest sons birthday (very important person) and only daughter in middle of finals (very important person) so it all worked out great.
        Can't even begin to mention everyone here, Hippyc, keeping an eye on you - we at the same stage, good on you staying dry on the birthday - those milestones are hard but well worthwhile cos the next time round it seems sort of natural. Anyway must go asleep, knackered!
        Night all
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Long busy day...new bosses and all
          will check in in the am
          love you and be strong
          Mama
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.. How is everyone today? though I know its still Monday in certain parts of the world.. I have a very busy day ahead of me.. moving house in 9 days so I have a whole heap of sorting out and calls to make.. have a great day all,
            Katie xxx

P.s welcome ecosette! you have come to a good place for support with drinking or related issues x
            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hand models.......I don't think I had thought s of having my hand up Lamp chop's arse.. when I was young Ha!
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good day, I did!

Welcome ecosette! Make yourself comfy in the nest, plenty of nest belts & velcro available... use whatever you need to help you stay put :H

Sunni, I am a woman with my own tool box - no one touches it!!!

Katie, moving every now & then can be a good way to rid yourself of unwanted crap. I tend to throw a lot away when I move

Nora, best wishes to you & your friend & family.

Turns out I'm dog sitting until Wednesday as my son is working OT & my daughter-in-law is away until Wednesday night. Never a dull moment

Wishing everyone a terrific AF evening.
                Where's my VP?

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - I totally agree with you.. though I have moved my entire life so I am used to this process! It's a bigger place too so I am pleased to be moving this time, even though it is a hassle.. shame I can't get rid of other certain unwanted crap (e.g f**ktard)...
                  IAD - hilarious! :H

Katie x
                  "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all......looks like I missed a lot in the nest today. I'll have to catch up. I'm exhausted. So wanted to say hello in case I fall asleep before I read all the posts.
                    My friend did get to go home. She does have an aneurysm (middle sized). They thought it was an aortic dissection which would have required immediate surgery and pretty much told her to say her goodbyes. So, actually, we are saying that the aneurysm is good news. She will rest & try to regain some strength for a week and then see the cardiologist and go from there. Probably surgery but don't know anything right now. Just rest, rest, rest.
                    Thank you for all of the good wishes.

Welcome ecosette. Good questions. Too bad, I don't know the answers. :H Just kidding. I will try to look up the info for you & post it here. I am so tired right now that I can't see straight - but I will be back.

Take care all...............
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornng All!
                      Just a quick drop in before the day begins properly!
                      Fen-good to see youy back!
                      Nora- thoughts for your friend!
                      Katie-glad you found a new place! luck with the moving!
                      Coco-I forgot to go swimming,best I get back in there!
                      Lav-nice to see you chirping!
                      Check in later!
                      Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, by the way we have slugs in our garden! My kids adore collecting them......weird I know, but hey they're kids!
                        Cluck

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well - in Eugene, Oregon, there is a Slug Queen.
                          The annual Eugene Celebration is a three-day block party that takes place in the downtown area. The SLUG (Society for the Legitimization of the Ubiquitous Gastropod) Queen coronation happens the month prior to the celebration at the coronation contest and ceremony. The SLUG Queen is the reigning monarch of the celebration festivities and the unofficial ambassador of Eugene. The annual coronation process takes place in August and is a little like a formal pageant but with a campy spin. The new SLUG Queen presides over the parade at the Eugene Celebration in September.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome ecosette. To view the latest post go into user CP and I think it is towards the end it asks whether you want to read the latest or oldest posts.
                            Cant chat now, running late for work.
                            Catchya later. Hooroo (another Australianism to add to the list).
                            x
                            I finally got it!
                            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm glad things are looking up a bit for your friend, Nora. Here's to a restful week for her!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;847957 wrote: Well - in Eugene, Oregon, there is a Slug Queen.
                                I think it's safe to say that Mrs. Fennel won't be attending the coronation any time soon! :H

Comment

Working...
                                X