Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NoraC;848299 wrote: Morning nesters & welcome newbies.
    I hope that someone put the coffee on for you today. I'm running late. If not, here's another pot and some Diet Coke and bagels.

I need to get up & get moving. I took my anxiety pills last night so I could get a good sleep. It worked - I had been so stressed out the whole night & day before. So, last night I slept great. So, now I've to run around like crazy to get ready for work. :H:H

Have a great day everyone
    Mmmmm.....bagels! Hope your day goes well, Nora!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good-morning everyone

I have started to read "The Purpose Driven Life" and really feel it is going to make a difference but it is time consuming.

NoraC- I hope you got some much needed rest... and so glad your friend is at least home and resting :l

Coco- your pool has been such a success, I haven't been able to get in the past few days :H

mama bear- I know a lot is going on with graduation pending and all the new changes on the job... please remember to take some time out for yourself.

Hippy- I am with you about straight forward posting. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings either but it dosen't do any good just to tell people what they want to hear only.
      Do you think you could still download your gorilla picture... I would love to see it!

Mollyka- you start posting and then I stop Happy belated B-day to your son and also I hope your daughter did great on her finals!

Katie- loved your poem and I am so happy about your move to a bigger flat, for you and your son.

papmom- where are you... ? I hope everything is going well.

IAD- love to see you post in the "Nest"... interesting picture :H

Tantangra- sounds like yall are straight talking people... I like that!

dancingon- can you tell him not to come around when he is acting up?

Also a good morning to Lav, Tranq, Sunshine, fennel and anyone else that drops in... off I go.

runningwind
      The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

QUIET Nest today! Where is everyone!???? Oggling the new pool boy, I suppose!? :wow:

Hope everyone is doing well!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama just worked 12 hours and is exhausted....
          cooking dinner and gonna flop
          had two beers and want more...not gonna happen...
          Ya'll said you wanted the truth...
          Love you
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,

Quiet day in my part of the nest too!
            No major revelations from me.

Mama, AL won't make your problems go away or mine either!
            I'm reading & trying to gain an understanding of 'Radical Forgiveness' this week. Very interesting concept for sure

Wishing everyone a comfy night in the nest.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am off to bed lads and lassies, I will pop into the nest tomorrow lunch time, hope you are all safe and huddling up together and making sure nobody falls out. Take care, sweet dreams.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fluffy ones!

I'm fading quickly, too... had a lot of fun with the critters tonight, though. Do you know how HARD it is to take pictures of a horse that INSISTS on following you around and sticking his nose in your hair, face, camera, etc??? Let's not even talk about licking me like a dog! :H

Fun, fun, fun, though.

MamaBear... tired, huh? Too tired to ambush your personal gorilla? LOL
                Lav... Good to see you.. so sorry that there is no communication yet :l
                Night night Wannachange - yep, huddling as we speak!

For all to come in LATE (like Tranqanova) - the night light is on!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Tranqer Woods reporting in. Someone at work today said I looked tan... I told 'em I'm Tiger's secret brother. Ha.

The weekend on the course was great! The barmaids knew me for the unusual drink I ordered in the clubhouse on the first day -- Iced tea and cranberry juice. After the first day they just kept 'em coming. Managed to make it Friday (my b-day) 'til Sunday night af. Drove home Sunday for dinner w/my hunny, and we had a glass of wine. Spent Monday with her at the art museum, and had another glass at dinner. I'm just turning downright respectable or something. Not sure what's up with that.

I haven't caught-up on the nest gossip here. Nora, hope all goes well for your friend. Katie - nice poem - we need some music to make it a nest theme song. I'm getting a little tired of the Hokey-Pokey.

YS, welcome. I agree with Hippy Chick too... The book explains how the supplements and hypno cds work into your plan. It all worked wonders (a miracle I think - thanks RJ!) for me and others. I was ready to give up, thinking there was no way out. The Nest kind of saved my life too.

Oh, speaking of iced tea... I've gotten hooked on another concoction... I chill-up a batch of Celestial Orange Spice tea, then mix that with a pomegranate juice blend. Caution - this is addicting. Anyone have any iced tea recipes... I getting a little obsessed.

Hi Lav. I read a book called 'Radical Acceptance' by Tara Brach - did she write the 'Forgiveness' book too? Glad to hear you chirping about the nest again.

Hi MamaB, Sunni, Chooks, Paps, Coco, rw, fennel everyone! Sorry I've been awol - just a little busy, but staying out of trouble - for the most part ;}

Take care all! G'nite!
                  tw
                  Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm off to work a double shift. Wish me luck
                    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
                    AF since 04th May 2010
                    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
                    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
                    :crazymonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey nesters. What it is with everyone working long hours? Must be something in the air. Although I am not working long hours (at my paid job), I never seem to have enough time at home to do what I need to...
                      Coco - what a powerful statement. I have written that in my journal with all the other sayings that jump out at me. Thanks for reminding me I have to PLAN.
                      Runningwind - I will take the photo of me to work tomorrow to scan and see if I can download it here (I forgot the other day).
                      Wannachange - dont think I have welcomed you yet! So welcome, nice to have you aboard. Stick around - there is always something happening and now that Fennel is back it wont take long for the nest to start livening up!
                      Sunshine - you describe your horse like a dog. We have a cat like that. He follows us around and eats like a dog. Is very affectionate not the usual aloof personality a cat normally is. He sits and begs. I think maybe one day we will need to tell him he is a cat not a dog! (he is very gorgeous though).
                      Tranqer Woods - you sound sooooooo good. I'm am really pleased you have met someone who obviously makes your heart sing. I love that first burst of love that you get early in a relationship.
                      I have been without my AllOne for a week now as I am waiting for an order (from the States, no-one here has heard of it) and I am really missing it. i didnt realise how good it makes me feel physically. I am back to getting that 3.00pm slump and the body aches which I didnt have while taking it. So if anyone is trying to decide to take it or not - I say go for it. It really does do wonders for me.
                      I have to go as I am meeting a friend I havent seen for years. He is an absolute riot, so I am looking forward to seeing him.
                      Take care and I might pop back later tonight to see how everyone is doing.
                      (Nora - sending you and your friend love)
                      HC
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone..
                        "Tranquer Woods" - LOL! i like it..
                        Been a strange one for me today.. computer glitches meant I didnt work. but I managed to get lots of sorting out done for my move next weekend.. going to have no internet for a few days - HOW WILL I COPE??! I will have to memorise a few posts and mentally pretend I am writing on the ODAT thread..
                        Not much else is happening here.. its my son's 2nd birthday in 2 days though.. im looking forward to seeing his face when he opens the huge Thomas the tank engine train set I bought for him!
                        Hope everyone has a great day.. hi to all..
                        Katie xxx
                        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I dont have much to say as I am deeply saddened by Cowgal's suicide...we were friends

Comment

Newbies Nest

Katie...my boys loved Thomas!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Hippy Chick, I found the option. So now all set.

Thanks for so many welcomes. I feel naughty because no one I know, knows I am on this forum, addressing a really secret problem!

Sorry, not Australian! Much further North.

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;848739 wrote: Katie...my boys loved Thomas!!!!!
                                I think ALL boys in the history of Thomas have loved him! that tank engine has a lot to answer for! so much money is spent on it..but so worth it to see the joy and happiness..
                                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Working...
                                X