Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

got a nest belt going spare for girly? xxx
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI guys, i'm busy finishing my day two. Thurs will be day three.
      I've decided i'm not going to stuff this up again. No more crappy excuses, no more!
      From now on i'm taking responsibility for my actions.
      I'm glad to see that people are at least being honest on this site. It'd be worse if they lied and said they're doing fine and still AF when in actual fact they have drank. So that for me is positive and i think very brave. Cause Honesty for me is the true key to beating this Demon.
      My car was broken into tonight and they stole my speakers and some CD's. But it's fine. It's just material things. If the universe is trying to test my resolve, then it's going to lose, cause i'm not letting anything bring me down. I'm staying strong so that i have no excuse to drown any sorrys.
      I'm sorry to hear about your friend Cowgal! I'm too new to know her, but it's still a great tragedy.
      You are all in my prayers.
      To everyone that's just starting this journey like myself, i hope everything works. Lets just keep chatting and posting and reading advice. We need to stick together so we all make it through.
      Thanks Guys and Gals:l:l:h:upset:
      Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
      AF since 04th May 2010
      Fell overboard on the 8th July!
      My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
      :crazymonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi - I just want to say :welcome: to all the Newbies here. Im so glad you found us!
        Finding this site last Dec completely changed my life and I cant tell you enough what a Godsend it is. Keep posting and reading the boards and you will get tremendous support.

Diz - I agree honesty is essential to our recovery especially being honest with ourselves and we can do that here with anonimity and without being judged, I wish you all great strength.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
          Diz - that's the only way to be with this illness. you are not doing yourself any favours by lying! i have come close to wanting to.. felt so ashamed a couple of times.. but it's you that would be affected by the lying.. you have to look after yourself and keep integrity; i found if i would lie, i would feel even worse than the remorse after drinking.. we are here to help regardless of how you travel in your journey.. congrats on 3 days, thats fantastic!
          Hi to chillgirl, wannachange, HC, Lav., girly wirly - of course there is an extra belt! strap yourself in and join us all..
          Have a busy day planned.. going to playgroup this morning, and its my son's birthday tomorrow..
          have a great day all,
          Katie xxx
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone, just wanted to post this somewhere and reckoned this was the best place. Threw everything away last night - fell into a bottle of vodka, drank most of it, my husband is being vile and I feel absolutely awful. Today is Day 1 for me - nearly over - the sooner the better. HippyChick, I'm particularly thinkin of you cos we were on the same sobriety day - be so careful with that date cos I would sell my right arm to still have that date.
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

mollyka - dont beat yourself up girl! sorry to hear about the stress you are going through with your husband.. mine also drove me to drink the majority of time in our marriage.. he was also vile 90% of the time..take care of yourself, we are all learning.. im on Day 3 again, for about the 5th time in the last couple of months! as long as we keep trying is the main thing - as someone's signature says "you only fail once you give up trying",
              Katie xxxx :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Katie, I deserve it that he is vile
                Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

molly.. no-one deserves that.. you have an addiction, like we all do here.. you are still who you are, your husband should still love you and support you.. i feel if i was with a man who really supported me, i would have gotten better with him, rather than improving heaps once i left him.. being vile does not help at all..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly...:l sorry your hubs is being a jerk. Welcome back to the nest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mollyka,

I'm sorry you feel so bad. You have done a tremendous job with AF and this is a bump.

I look up to you and your strength and feel so confident that you are going to be successful. I have only lasted about 18 days AF and now starting a 6 week AF Detox (with the MWO supps and CD's). And over the past few months been only lasting 3 or 4 AF days at a time at best.

Like Katie and others have said - DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP.

Tomorrow you will wake up with a fresh start. And don't throw away the incredible AF journey you have been living. Just a hiccup.

Meech :l :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Fennel and Meech for your support. I know that if I am straight back on the wagon that I will have learnt a lot from this - how bloody easy it is to cock up!! Tomorrow I hope I will feel stronger and thanks again for your kind words
                        Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fasten your nest belt molly & grab some extra butt velcro :H

We want you here with the rest of us.
                          Chin up
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mama here....
                            LOOONNNGGG day with new boss but he is gone tomorrow, so I can relax a little
                            Cowgal's death is so sad, but she had lots of other issues besides AL......
                            May she rest in peace.....I am fine not...just really shocked this morning....
                            Gonna chill and read and turn in early
                            Love you guys
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mollyka, I look up too you...

Look at all the days you did AF and look at the days you drank... I can only work towards that... you have done it!!!
                              I believe in you... and through you... I believe in myself
                              Smile... you are AF now

runningwind
                              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks RW, definitely not to be looked up to but thanks for the thought!!!! And yes, I am AF now!!
                                Thanks Lav, the chin is coming up by the minute - reckon I'll be feelin way better about myself tomorrow, a day older and wiser I hope!
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X