Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Betty-fish baked in salt..er..let me know how that works out! I'll keep an eye out in "WWR" thread. I am curious but don't want to sound nosy.ha! I'll have a month Sunday (as opposed to a month of Sundays) so I've really been staying close to the nest!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm working on day 19 AF, I think....I kinda quit counting. No rum in the house....

Actually I went grocery shopping the other day. Normally that would lead me to get my rum and bring it in with the groceries so that hubby wouldn't see me bringing it in and I would get my drink on by 3PM or 4PM....It didn't even cross my mind to get any. WOO HOO

I want to welcome the newbies, who are newer than me. Read and Post on this website. These guys and gals here will give you inspiration and words of wisdom.
      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the new nesters
        This old bird has been hiding out. I have been unemployed for a month and it is really depressing me. I know that drinking does not help. It just makes me sick and useless, so I am back on track, Day 3, going to AA everyday. Whatever it takes. I will take my place on the Time out Twig and keep fighting. Happy Valentines Day All. Now pass the chocolate.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesters...

good morning....i think i can hear spring in the distance. :butterfly::flower:

I cant tell you all how good it feels to have my wits about me in the morning. Getting up and getting the day started in not the usual struggle. Now I only need the light spackle for under my eyes...not of that heavy duty stuff.

Welcome patty....the back itch was one of the last really annoying problems for me as well. It is clearing up. ahh... Please remember, we are here to support you. Do what you can, share your thoughts, feelings, concerns as they come to you. Be honest...it is safe here. Are you a teacher, or are you a childcare provider. I know what lack of adult converstation can do to the spirit. Hang in there and you will see...you will start to feel better...

Have a great day folks......and happy valentines day!

Be Mine:heart:
          a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why do we celebrate a chubby kid shooting arrows at our butt?

Happy Valentine's Day!

Real quick this morning... Congrats on accumulating AF days - it sounds as if everyone is working hard on their sobriety! God knows, I am... and it hasn't been easy last week. It probably was one of the worst weeks ever, craving wise. And I was emotional/on edge like hell. Ick. New week, please.

Renewal, luv... hope you are feeling better... are you seriously going to try the mammoth shift today? Perhaps you do need a bit of rest, no? Betty... DO TELL!!!! LOL Oh, that reminds me... do you girls know what a 'Fantasia Party' is??? No? Girls only party, like Tupperware, only it's lingerie, sex toys, etc... Apparently, I'm going to one tomorrow. :H

I'll let you know what I come home with... LOL

Ok, hope you birdies all have a wonderful day and weekend, tweet ya later!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All newbies and not-so newbies
              LOL!!
              Don't have much time...just thought I'd drop a quick line...not sure how much I will be able to check in the next couple of days while in Florida...but you will all be in my thoughts...wish me luck...I'm sure I will be just fine...I tend to NEED and WANT to stay completely sober when around my dad...have to for my son!!
              Have a Happy Valentine's Day and a great week next week!!!
              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
              7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross Post--
                SS you keep that match away from my bum...I'm pretty sure any exposure to the sun will be a shock to the system!!! This week seemed tough for me too...I'll take an oder of "a new week to go" as well!!!!! Take care Hun!!!
                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Seacailin, Could you scoot over a bit. I need a space on the TOT. I was doing really well this month, but, I blew it last night. Back to square one.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sdlovespackers;547299 wrote: Entity--
                    I hear you totally---I seem to let my guard down when drinking...feelings just come out more easily...I'm not so 'protected' by my words if that makes sense...so 'in the box' with my thoughts....they seem more lucid...is that the word???? But I know what you mean...the hurt surfaces...where sober it is sooooo buried it would take ALOT to get it to surface...I mask it wonderfully with humor or avoidance---I can talk a circle around a question like a pro!!! What to do?!?!?! Your not alone, though...know that...hang in there -hug-
                    Totally makes sense. Weither it's positive or negative feelings, it's seems like both of them show up, they're normally supressed but now they're unburied and shown as for what they are. Same here, it's exactly what i do, i feel like i become a better, more sensitive person more open to feelings when i drink. :blush:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill,

What happened? Have you figured out what triggered it? Time to take a negative and turn it into a positive. Have you read anything in the toolbox about cravings. This has become my new matra. I was having a really hard time midway through my 3rd week. The articles on urge surfing and craving really got me through. I've found that excersing really helps as well when a crave hits.
                      You know you can do this.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

entity-cross post
                        AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

You got it Dill. Gotta build stronger support under my twig to hold me up. I am having a sober Valentine's Day. I am home with the cat, but that's cool. Peace and quiet. My daughter gave me a lovely box of chocs. I wasn't a slug today though, I did my Taxes YAY!!! Hope you are feeling better Renewal. Hope everyone had lots of chocolate today.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

bye bye birdies

Just flitting in to say good-bye--won't be back for 8 days as I will be lolling around in the sun and surf on a much needed vacation.
                            I will obviously behave myself. have my old-people pill box filled up and ready to go.

Will check in when I return, and I have everyone in the nest has a GREAT week--safe, sober and happy.

Hugs to all:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lil, Yes, I know my triggers...
                              But, you know, the thing is, you are the first there that have asked me that. I will think more on it and get back to you. Thanks for your care and concern!!!
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my little ones...it's about 1 a.m. & just got home from work...loooong day, but wanted to wish you all a Happy Valentines day!! You are all beautiful women who make my day a little brighter. Thank you all for 'being in the nest with me....and my robe....
                                Renewal

Comment

Working...
                                X