Newbies Nest

I hope we are all a little wiser tomorrow Molly :H
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestlings!

Molly- don't dwell on the drink you had..its done,the past..can't undo it! But you can be Af now and you are! Well done for climbing straight back into the Nest!!
      Mama- I knew Cowgal only a little, but it is such a tragic shame and I feel for all who have been affected!Hope you are okay.
      Meech-think of it as I have been lately. Atleast there are ALOT more AF days inbetween the AL,than just an ongoing nightly binge...that has to count. Plus one thing I'm learning about myself is, if a let myself dwell on my feelings of guilt and remorse over having a drink,then I tend to not climb back up into the nest quite a quickly. A little forgiveness is actually doing me a world of good. I am still not completely AF, but the self-control is there in general and I am grateful for that small achievment!
      Sunni- Macca Pacca is a weird little creature off a BBC kids show called "The Night Garden".He looks like a cross between E.T. and a Koala!
      To all the rest who follow today..have a good one! Newbies,welcome!
      Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!! I'm baaaaacccccckkkkk!!
        It was a wonderful weekend up in NH at the agility trial but hotter than H-E double hockey sticks!! It was our very first agility trial and my first time traveling with all 3 dogs. We had 7 dogs between us and the crates were stacked to the roof in the Element!! Got to the motel about 9:30pm Friday only to see 3 police cars in the parking lot. Oh great. Turned out to be nothing but jeez!! Hotel room was extremely small for 2 people and 7 dogs but we managed. Saturday we were at the site by 7:15 for checkin. My event ended up not going off until 6:30 so it made for a very very long and hot day but Sunday morning was cool and my run was in the morning. Here are the results:

Koby-Papillon: Saturday-4th place, Sunday FIRST PLACE!! Whoo hoo!! We qualified, placed and titled in our very first outing!! I was so overcome with emotion when I learned about outcome each day I almost cried. I am so thankful I found this place (MWO) and was able to enjoy this experience without a hangover and being at the top of my game.

By the time we left the fairgrounds on Sat. nite it was close to 8 pm and by the time we got back to the town where our motel was and did a few errands on the way it was 9:30 and my friend wanted a sit down meal at a restaurant!! Arrrgggghhhh!! We went to Applebee's and I looked a wreck! Dirty and sweaty and so tired I could hardley keep my eyes open. Don't know why, OK I do, I ordered a glass of wine. I wanted to celebrate!! I don't think I even tasted it I was so tired. I certainly didn't want a second that's for sure!!

Got home Sunday late in the afternoon and thought I was going to collapse between the fatigue and the afteraffects of the heat and all the excitement. Didn't sleep at all even tho I took the new sleep aid my MD prescribed since my Ins. Co won't cover the Ambien CR. This new stuff was horrible. I spent most of the nite drinking water my mouth was so dry. The next day I didn't think I would make it through my 10 hour shift but I did. Slept like a baby sans any sleep aid!! Last nite had a horrible bout with the insomnia again despite the meds. Thats it, no more!! I picked up Sleep MD and I'm hoping that I will finally have found something that works!! I just don't get why I'm still having these sleep problems 2 months into the program. One thing is for sure, I never want to use AL as my sleep aid again.

So that's my story and I'm glad to be back in the nest. Welcome to all the Newbies-you can do this!!

Mama-I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's death. How very sad. Cyber hug coming your way.

Shout outs to everyone else. I'll get back in the groove this weekend and will look forward to really being part of the conversation again.

Nitey nite fellow nestlings!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Molly. I am so sad you felt that drinking was the only solution. I was only thinking of you this morning on my walk to work as today is the 7th and it is our anniversary. I really feel for you. Sobriety is such a fragile thing. Dont feel too bad - at least you have come straight back here. You have done it before for four months, I know you can do it again. Please PM me if you need a shoulder.
          Take care my friend.

Hi to everyone else. Cant stay, gotta get back to work.
          xx
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome home Papmom!!!

Hey there Hippy!

Molly - Hippy is right. Just get right back to it. You can do it.

I am going to say goodnight folks. Emotionally drained. I think I'm going to have an early night.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quitting is like riding a bike......once you've learned....you always know ! IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good one IAD! :H:H:H:H
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night night, nest-urchins!

I'm positively pooped; 3 hours of mucking the barn, then planting some flowers (yay... they came today) and after that cutting the lawn until dark. Didn't get it quite done yet. Came inside after 9:30pm to find that nobody had put the pizza in the oven AND the kitchen which was spic and span when I left was a disaster again. That's it - I quit for today

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening and restful night :l
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chooks - "Tranq- love suits you!*giggle* Hey - I have to be careful with that L-word don't I? Wow, I didn't think I said anything strange in my post -- except maybe the iced tea stuff was kinda weird huh.

Katie - "as long as we keep trying is the main thing " Well said Katie! Never quit quitting and al can never win!

Molly - I'm with Hippy who said - "You have done it before for four months, I know you can do it again." You know you can!!!

IAD - Nice one!

Sunni - you didn't even get a horse-lick today? Sounds like a rough day - take care hun.

MamaB - Condolences on Cowgirl. I've lost a loved one that way too - hard to fathom.

Hi Lav! Hi Everyone!

Take care all!
                    tw
                    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi everyone,
                      Tranq - that quote certainly helps me! If we give up, then what is the point? the whole point is that we keep on trying, and learning..
                      Had a busy day so far.. went to playgroup this morning which was fantastic.. everyone was great.. i figured last week i was a bit "introverted" and thats why i felt everyone was hanging out in their own groups.. but today i felt much more confident and had some great conversations with other mum's.. i'm starting to finally feel "normal" and not a leper!
                      Day 4 today, about to work in a couple of hours, no desire to drink so far this week.. i hope i can keep up the motivation!
                      Take care all,
                      Katie xxx
                      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening the Nest!

Okay day today! Ran late for the school drop off,then to Mum's so she could babysit wee chick N#2,so I could go have some Myotherapy (which is the best/most painful massage type thing I have ever experienced..but good stuff).
                        Then a mad dash back to collect Mum & wee chick,so we could go meet the Real Estate Agent to look at a unit for mum,but a no go..yucko!
                        Then back to Mum's for a quick lunch,before zipping into town to buy more things for the party in two days!Then drop Mum home and fly to collect eldest chick from school before a playdate with friends!Then home to cook tea and back schoolbag & day care bag and get ready for work tomorrow.
                        Phew,I'm pooped too I think
                        Anyway, af today and just waiting for my dinner which is in the oven..then early to bed!

Hope everyone is doing well. Sunday is Mother's Day here, so have to plan trips to see both grandmum's as well!!!(not mentioning swimming lessons Saturday am and then the party in the arvo..egad! my brain wants to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        That's it,turn me over...I'm done!!!
                        Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

newbie nest

Thanks..I reallllly need a place to land besides the wine glass...:thanks::thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

heyas, Ell here. Am new but overwhelmed to find ya's. have been skirting around the site & am new to this form of communication. will bail one of the kids up 2 show me how 2 do this asap but in the mean time i think you are the lifeline i have been groping around for & i hope you have room in that snuggly growing nest for another noisy aussie chick. Will keep my beak shut 4 now but hope to be gettin fluffy & regurgitating with you soon...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing everyone a good night.
                              I've been really busy today sorting out my house. My ex says that once we sell the house he is off overseas "because I can". Part of me is thinking "Yay" and part of me is thinking "Why can you?" Jeez, doesn't he have any responsibility for his kids?
                              I confess I had a little drink tonight, but not too much. Not happy, but will get back on tomorrow. I really need to kick this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone....gee its taken me hours to try to catch up on everything thats been happening.....so sorry to hear about cowgal....special thoughts to everyone!
                                happy moving Katie...have just moved last weekend....although not completely yet...my daughter still lives in my old house.....so have heaps more time to complete....glad its a step up for you!!!
                                have been really busy and settling in to a rhythm with my new man.... and new jobs......
                                have just done day 9AF...i think!!!
                                found it really challenging to start with....very uptight!!....getting better now ....and so glad my man is AF with me to offer his support for my decision!
                                really determined to do the 30 day challenge this time.....would like to think i can remain AF forever but will have to take each day at a time after my 30 day challenge is over...anyway really tired so off to bed now....

Comment

Working...
                                X