Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hello & welcome to ccarpenter & Eli! Make yourselves comfy in the nest, be sure to use a nest belt & plenty of butt velcro for safety Glad you are here with us!

dancingon, I'm sending you strength friend! I know you are going through a lot of changes right now. Stick with us - forget AL, he can't help you.

I have some work to take care of this morning then plenty of odds & ends to keep me occupied this afternoon so I'm good!

I'll be back later, have a great AF day!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the nest, newbies! Ell, you sound like the perfect candidate for some of my taco creations... Get yourself fluffed up, and I'll find an extra seat-belt to buckle you in. :welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow nesters.
        Welcome Ccarpenter - glad you found us. This site is a much softer landing than a wine glass. Stick around - read, post, do what the book tells you and you will be well on your way to a new life.
        Ell - welcome fellow aussie chick! Always room for one more (especially an Aussie, need to build up our numbers!). When you feel ready, tell us your story. You will find support and love here - no judgement. This nest has been my lifeline.
        Lakesider - well done on 9 days. It's not easy, but now you know you can do 9 days, you know you can do 10, 20, 30.
        Pap - welcome home, we missed you. Sounds like you had fun on your trip away.
        Sunshine - you and Lav make me so jealous when you talk about your homes. I would love to have property with animals and earth to plant in. One day.......

I've been thinking about Mollyka all day. I think anyone who relapses and comes back here is so brave. I dont know if I could. I think that those people are stronger than I am. I would probably just slink away, too embarrassed to return, proving to myself that I just couldnt hack it. I still find it amazing that I have not had a drink for four months. There is no way I would have thought that by reading a book, listening to CD's, taking vitamins, doing exercise and talking to people around the world on the internet would stop me wanting to drink. It truly is an amazing way out!

Off on my weekend away tomorrow. Not taking the laptop - think my husband would protest quite loudly if I did. So behave yourselves, stay strong and see you all on Monday - safe and sober!

Hipster
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a fun weekend, Hippy Chick! I keep forgetting you folks are a day ahead of us!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening All,
            Thanks for more lovely thoughts and well wishes from you all, HippyC, the only single reason I am back on the wagon is you lot.
            Eli and Ccarp, you are very welcome and without sounding like an evangelist this place is much more than an internet site - it is a lifeline, grab it with both hands. Someone will have been and done everything that you have done or thought or said. Its like noone is shockable but because folks become like friends you do feel like you let someone down when you cock up, believe you ME I know.
            Was very sad to hear about Cowgirl, I never 'spoke' with her but followed her progress for some time. It is a tragedy and it is a tragedy brought on by alcohol.
            Papm, delighted the dogs did so well.
            Love to everyone and will pop back in later, HC, have a lovely weekend and appreciate those 4 months you lucky girl!!
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Family......
              checking in late...slammed at work and glad week is almost over......
              Mollyka, I am proud of you ,too......
              Have a great weekend Hippy
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Only one more day, Mama...then you get a little breather. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.....just wanted to drop in & say hello. I'll be back later........
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi nesties

7:30 pm here and only an hour and a half to go and i'll be safely tucked up in bed, with my jackie collins novel, a juice and day 3 well and truly tucked under my belt. thanks for the butt velcro nesters, i couldn't do it without you!

gw x:l
                    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice one Girly! See you tomorrow
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Job Girly
                        Molly...hang in there....
                        Love you all
                        gonna start a new book myself tonight...I love the Phillipa Gregory novels about all of Henry the 8th's wives

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                          It's my son's 2nd birthday today.. he has opened all his presents - and LOVED them all!!! I am now waiting for his father to arrive so we can all go out.. just thought I would pop in to say hi.. fingers crossed f**ktard is going to be nice today!
                          Have a fabulous AF day all, day 5 for me today...
                          Katie xx
                          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sweetie
                            happy birthday to baby boy...give him a kiss for me
                            Thomas the Tank Engine???
                            "Silly ole Gordon fell in a ditch, fell in a ditch."
                            Papa Bear calls himself Sir Topem Hat
                            There's Henry, Edward, Diesel,.....wow I am going WAAAAYYYY back...
                            My hubs and I are sitting here singing the theme song
                            Don't let f*cktard mess you up!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama :H and thank you for his birthday wishes..
                              - I bought him Percy and Mighty Mack to go with his super dooper train set! He also got a big rocket ship that lights up and does a count-down..

Katie
                              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nestlings!

Whew, busy day here! Cleaning house, client meetings (here - hence the cleaning! :H), doing a bit of work with horses, and now into the yard.

I'm a bit worried actually... Mr. Wonderful isn't home yet Almost 3 hours late now, and he's like clock work. I must have missed/forgotten something... I hope!

Katie, happy b-day to the wee one! A rocket ship! He's a lucky little lad! I second MamaBear.. don't let f*cktard get to you!

Girlie, Nora, Molly... you gals hanging in there? :l

Fennel!!! Do YOU know where my cat is????? Haven't seen her all day

Papmom... great news on the pooches! Gotta love it when your work pays off!

MamaBear... better day today? *psssst* You know what tomorrow is? FRIDAY!!!

Lav, glad you're keeping busy and outta trouble :l

Tranqinlove... yes, do be careful with the 'L' word! I just about ran off when Mr. Wonderful dropped that one on me! :H

Ok, yard cleanup awaits... off I go! To all I missed and all to come... Have a wonderful AF Thursday night (or Friday, I suppose for the down unders)!
                                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X