Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Safe at home and in pjs. Got son back to college and ended up cleaning for a few hours. Omg...I was afraid I'd see dead mice if I looked too close or cleaned too much. God bless our college kids and may they get out alive.

So had a bit of a pity party for myself at one point. When I was cleaning out son's disgusting refrigerator, thank god no creepy crawlys in there, the frig was pretty stocked with Miller lite and some hard liquor. Well, I got that job done quickly and moved on but still had it on my mind. So it came and passed and I'm still alive.

Gonna sign off and hope everyone has a nice day/evening.

Jvo

Comment

Hi. I am sad to say that I am back. But I am going to start again.

I am having a hard time figuring out how to post. I am just hoping that this will help me again. I had 18 months, until I didn't.
      AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Can someone remind me how to change my signature? I have to change my AF to 1 day.
        Last edited by Nanette; January 6, 2018, 10:59 PM.
        AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Hi Nesters, It's me again With the New Year I am wanting to just get myself healthy. I am quite overweight and I attribute this to drinking. I lose all motivation to do healthy things when I drink. Normally when I come here I have some massive emotional issue I'm coping with but this time, it's more physical. I'm going to go for the 30 days AF and take it from there. I haven't quite figured it out but I know posting is the first step.
          AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Afternoon nesters

Welcome Nanette and Choices. A wise decision to come back to the nest.

Nanette a very wise decision to come back to the nest, for me it keeps me accountable day in and out. 18 months sober is a great achievement be proud of that.

Choices lovely to see you again. My body told me that i needed to stop drinking, it seemed like everything was going downhill quickly. I was the opposite to you, never ate except grapes (in the form of wine), my son told me i looked like a worn out crack whore at the end of my drinking career, bless him. today i am just happily sober, gained a few kilos but life is good. 30 days af is great start on this journey.

Well back to work for me tomorrow, i am so not looking forward to getting up early but thats life, i like money more than sleep ins.

Doing quite well at day 4 nf Jude, hope you are doing great also. Going to go to the shops for some essentials and will then check out the sites you posted yesterday. I am grateful i have four days without smokes before i face work.

take care x
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
              [MENTION=21745]jvo[/MENTION] what happened to Mario?
              Jude. Mario passed away about halfway through last year whilst travelling overseas. He is sorely missed.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you Ava, I quit smoking in 2010. (My first time in MWO) Geesh! that is 8 years ago now! Too bad I didn't stay sober for all that time. Time does slip away! January is great for new starts. I just get so sluggish and inactive when I drink it's ridiculous!
                AF January 7, 2018

Comment

G.......thanks for letting me know. That's so sad.

Comment

Well here I am back on day 1...things have happened which I could use as excuses but let's be honest, it's me who's opened the bottles and sunk the contents. I've had to move away from home. Mrs T got too much with wanting me to be a "normal" drinker and then pissed off when I was drinking all day - mainly when she was out. My shrink told me I was on a slippery slope and, guess what.... he was right. Today is going to be really difficult but I've made plans wiith a tee total friend and am going to try to get some meds tomorrow to help and go back on AB for the moment. There's no alcohol in the house. Don't know if I'll make it through today but, hey do I know the routine!! Hopefully some of you are around today and I can dive in for help when necessary... I hate myself for failing again and even more for not listening to people telling me moderation doesn't work...
                    I'll be checking in on several pages today so you'll be fed up with seeing me by the end of today. But, it's sunny, going to take my friends dog out in a bit and then planning lunch (AF) a bit later.
                    So,so sorry to hear about Mario... RIP our friend.
                    Tony
                    Last edited by tonyniceday; January 7, 2018, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Hi Tony.....glad that you're trying to get sober again. Come here often today, I promise that no one here will think that you're a pain in the ass!

So sad about Mario.....everyday is precious, and tomorrow is not a guarantee for anyone.

Comment

Tony, welcome back!

You’ll find lots of familiar folks and lots of new ones. We’re all glad you’re here!

Don’t hesitate to lean on us at any time.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Welcome back Nanettte, Choices, and tony,

Nanette, 18 months is a long time sober. I've never had that much time, but you obviously know how to do it and do it right.

Choices, I've got the same issue with my weight. I've never been so overweight and I'm so uncomfortable. I plan on making small changes slowly, and I can already feel a difference in my stomach from one week af. Glad you're back.

Sorry to hear about your situation tony. But the good thing is you're here and ready to get your life on track.

Day 7 here and unhung on a Sunday morning. Didn't have the best sleep but that's ok. I know why and I keep thinking of the past. Just events of my life that may or may not have been the precursor to my drinking issues. I'm not sure how to let things go. Nothing from the past can be changed, I am a different person today. Ive been in therapy before and talked out these issues, but really that never helped. I think what I really need is long term sobriety to work these issues or or be able to let the past go. Thanks for listening.

Hope everyone has a good, sober day.

Jvo

Comment

I'll come back here a bit more later today. I tend to use the Army during the day as most people are on the same time zone so it's much quicker for responses during the day in the uk

Comment

Welcome back, all!
                              January IS a great time to get sober, I highly recommed it! (See below!).
                              Today is all that counts and is the foundation for tomorrow. Dont be afraid of quitting AL, be afraid of NOT quitting. We can do this together, as long as I have this support and USE it, I will succeed.
                              Jvo, around here, 7 days earns you a salute! :butt: we are so proud that you have that first week behind you! Keep up the great work.
                              Hope everyone has an easy day. Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welcome back Nanette, Choices and Tony.

I agree Byrdy, it's much scarier to keep drinking than to get sober! Trouble is, when we're on the sauce, all logic, perspective, rationale flies out the window. We need some sober time for the fog to clear a little so we can see what we are actually doing to ourselves and start to realise the consequences.

Jvo, i remember attending a CBT session in booze school (rehab for 3 weeks then i dropped out), and they spoke about being stuck on/in past memories and experiences. One suggestion was some folk might find counselling/therapy useful, whereas others might just need to leave it alone BUT - acknowledge the negative memory/experience (which doesn't mean we accept it or that it was right or we were wrong). Acknowledge it happened, we did our best at the time with the tools we had, and we cannot change it. So whilst we do not accept it (e.g. if we were abused in some way), we can acknowledge it, let it stay back there, and move on and live our life to the fullest for today. I'm not suggesting either of these methods, i just thought it was interesting.

I was gonna check in on some friends and family this week, but you know what? I think i need to look after me these next few days and get some projects up and running otherwise i won't feel balanced. If they're not calling out, i'll see 'em next week.

Take it easy out there and go git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X