Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I was just heading out to buy a salad. Oh no - thanks for the heads up. Did anyone get sick. Oh, duh - I guess I could actually look at the news.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;850590 wrote: Chook, I am SO glad you asked! Now settle down, I'm certain we can come up with some ideas... I don't have any "chicks" of my own, so that makes me an authority on the topic, at least in my own estimation.

For one thing, today's children need to be subjected to role models who represent "normal", healthy gender roles, just as those role models of my youth. I remember watching the Flintstones, Underdog, Captain Kangaroo...Ah, the good Captain. A grown man in a pageboy hair-cut, gamboling about the premises with Mr. Moose, Bunny-rabbit, and of course, his faithful companion, Mr. Green-jeans...
      ...and just look at how I turned out!

We need to flood the television networks to bring back the old shows, Chook! What do you think?
      How about Sherrif John, Hobo Kelley & Soupy Sales?
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;850616 wrote: How about Sherrif John, Hobo Kelley & Soupy Sales?
        Soupy Sales I've heard of, but not the others...where did you grow up, Nora? In my neck of the woods, we had Marshall the marshal and Howie Olson & Cowboy Eddie.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Are they types of lettuce?
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG

Makka Pakka kinda looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy :H
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;850700 wrote: OMG

Makka Pakka kinda looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy :H
              Yes, it makes me hungry. Where is that damned Taco Truck????? (I wonder if Nora would consider it too early for breakfast?)
              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;850498 wrote: Do you think someone you know took your stuff? Is the old place empty?

I hope your weekend goes well.
                Hey Fennel... no, I sold the place last December. It's 9 hours away (in the winter).. 5 hours now since the ferry starts running this weekend (islander here). I didn't know the tools from the basement hadn't been picked up (as discussed/agreed by my friends) and just found out now, when I said I was coming to get them. Anyways, the people who bought my place gave them away

Ah shucks - it's just stuff. Just been a shitty week all around and I'm not in a generous mood, I guess
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry about your stuff Sunshine, reckon the best thing to say about this week all round is that its nearly over!!
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

AMEN, Molly!!! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;850591 wrote: Oof...I saw that, runningwind. I'm in one of the affected states. I'll check at the market and see if any of my brands are affected.
                      Good fennel... or you can check MSNBC.com (I wish I could paste it for you ).
                      The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;850613 wrote: I was just heading out to buy a salad. Oh no - thanks for the heads up. Did anyone get sick. Oh, duh - I guess I could actually look at the news.
                        So far I have heard 17 in the hospital... but it's time for a up-date.
                        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

mollyka;850698 wrote: Are they types of lettuce?
                          I am not sure... good question, I am going to log off and catch some news.
                          Molly, I hope you get some "peace of mind" soon. I'll be thinking about you :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jeez...I go to work for 10 hours and I miss 5 pages of posts about lettuce, Bacca whatevers and someone robbed Sunni???
                            Do I need to open up a can of whoop ass for you Sunni?
                            I am tired and my feet hurt
                            Good to see you back Coco...
                            will check in later
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H MamaBear
                              No... no whoop ass required.. except for my friends who didn't pick up my stuff as discussed - but I'll take care of that myself this weekend! :bat

So, how is everyone? Besides hungry, tired, in lettuce withdrawal, and glad it's Friday???
                              I'll be jumping into the mighty bath tub soon.. then descend upon Nachos & Cream Cheese/Salsa/Cheese - I gots me a date with Mr. Wonderful tonight

Won't be back til Sunday night.. so take good care, nestlings - keep your guard up and have FUN!

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;850739 wrote: Hey Fennel... no, I sold the place last December. It's 9 hours away (in the winter).. 5 hours now since the ferry starts running this weekend (islander here). I didn't know the tools from the basement hadn't been picked up (as discussed/agreed by my friends) and just found out now, when I said I was coming to get them. Anyways, the people who bought my place gave them away

Ah shucks - it's just stuff. Just been a shitty week all around and I'm not in a generous mood, I guess
                                Well, geez...that sucks, sunshine...that stuff's kind of costly to replace. Sorry this week has been such a downer for you. :l I'll make you something special in the truck...something vegetarian, or bovine related.

Comment

Working...
                                X