Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;850737 wrote: Yes, it makes me hungry. Where is that damned Taco Truck????? (I wonder if Nora would consider it too early for breakfast?)
    Geez, Coco-Nut...the Taco Truck is always parked at the base of the tree! Thought you could smell it if you couldn't see it! Get your tail-feather back up here and I'll whip up a krill taco for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;850865 wrote: Well, geez...that sucks, sunshine...that stuff's kind of costly to replace. Sorry this week has been such a downer for you. :l I'll make you something special in the truck...something vegetarian, or bovine related.
      Errrr... thank you! (I think?) :H
      No veggie stuff please.. I already got big ears!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night everyone - stay strong.
        See you on the morrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

wannachange;850873 wrote: Good night everyone - stay strong.
          See you on the morrow.
          Goodnight, wannachange...

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;850871 wrote: Errrr... thank you! (I think?) :H
            No veggie stuff please.. I already got big ears!
            What I meant is that there wouldn't be any road-kill or felines in your vittles! :H Nice, lean, boeuf! Since you're not interested in veggies.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone...
              Had a really busy day so far.. took my son shopping this morning; i bought him a booster seat, so no more high-chair for him! I also ordered a Thomas sofa bed.. one that he can sit on like a mini-couch.. so cute! have to pick it up next week after we move..
              His Dad picked him up 2 hours ago, since then been busy packing some things.. god i hate moving! such a hassle..
              No AL for me today.. doing well, take care all
              Katie xx
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you're doing well, Katie...is the booster seat for the car, then? Keep up your tough exterior!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks fennel.. and no its so he can sit at the dining table with me.. he has grown out of his high chair! lots of changes taking place.. when we move he will have a bed too, and no longer a cot.. he's a little boy and no longer a baby!
                  I will endeavour to keep strong.. i've had no AL today and dont plan to..
                  Katie xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm enjoying the talk in the nest tonight. I sit here laughing at all the jokes and Hubby asks what's so funny, and I try to explain ...... but you really had to be there.
                    I grew up wathching the TV show Adventure Island. I wonder if any of the other aussies are old enough to remember it. There were a clown, a Mrs Flower-pot (played by a man) and a married couple who were bears. How's that for cross cultural boundaries. I rekon that's why, as a nation we are pretty open to anything.

Still going AF. Thanks to all of you.
                    Tant
                    AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done tant.. i have stayed AF today too thanks to the wonderful ppl here..
                      that show sounds hilarious! i grew up in the Uk so dont remember it.. we had some funny ones over there too though.. nowadays kids shows are psychedelic! unbelievable how hi-tech they are now! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters - I think,

It's getting darker by the minute - rain on the way!

Katie, you sound good - please stay that way

Greetings to everyone this morning.
                        I have to run, be back later.

Have a great AF Saturday
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome home Coco!

Fen - "I remember watching the Flintstones, Underdog, Captain Kangaroo..."

Actually Barny Rubble IS my favorite actor.

But of course, I also loved the deep societal explorations of the plot-lines from Gilligan's Island.

I've been searching for my recipe for slug cerviche, but can't seem to find it. Maybe you can whip-up a batch for Sunday brunch.

KB - Moving sucks. I'm beginning to embark on the packing journey myself. You sound great. Your ex sounds like he's been acting human. Nice when all stays civil.

Have a great weekend Sunni. I won't be back 'til Sunday either.

Hi Mama, Nora, Tant, RW - everyone!

Nice to see the nest buzzing with wackiness.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. That might be a US trad. but moms everywhere are the best!

Take care all.
                          tw
                          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tranq - Aw yes....Gilligan's Island. I loved that show. The Flintstones - I had a big fold out playset of the Flintstones village. I can't remember it exactly but it was a big heavy construction type paper that folded out and it had the village on it and there were the little figures you played with. Wow - blast from the past. :H

Tant - I do the same thing. I start trying to explain to my hubby. It's just not the same is it. Sounds like you had some pretty crazy shows too. :H Good job on being AF.

Katie - Sounds like an exciting move. Your son is going to be so excited with all of his 'big boy' stuff.

Wannachange - Congrats on Day 6. :goodjob:

Fennel - I'll take a bagel this morning please. (And slip me my Diet Coke - still in negotiations with my friend about that. She has only had 2 Diet Mountain Dews in 2 days. I told her she picked a bad time to give up her Dew.)

Morning to all the nesters.......I've got to get moving. I am going to go in to work for a few hours so might as well get it over with.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,
                              Slinking back into the nest after my fall last nite. :crap:
                              Hope there is some extra butt velcro and DC for me. Congrats to everyone who is celebrating being AF. Back to day one for me and back to the supplements and program. Craving a Big Mac for lunch. Typical isn't it??
                              Rainy and stormy day here as well Lav. Thunder was awful close a half hour ago-even spooked the dogs who don't normally care.
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Now the sun is out - still haven't had the storm???

papmom - tighten your nest belt - we all have shitty days, weeks & more to deal with, seriously!!!

Katie, you stay in the Nest as well..........you have too much at stake to screw up now

Hey VP Tranq!
                                Has anyone mentioned the best show ever???? The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle!!!!

I'm thinking about a short nap.....because I can!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X