Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
    I cant stop rhyming, its all in the timing.
    No more rhyming, and I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

Comment

PAV! I DO want a peanut! We still haven't shown the kids that movie - I think its time for some Princess Bride. Thanks for the smile!

Hi Everyone! Making it through a typical weekend - lots to do this week before we travel to California for 6 nights. Looking forward to that. I really think a rest is in the cards for me. Although, rest with kids is not as deep!

Not much to say - I enjoy reading. G - way to go on 200! I'm almost at 100 behind you.

WAGS - 600?!? Way to be a leader and an example. You've been through a lot.

I feel like my non-drinking status is sinking in for the hubs. At dinner this weekend, our friends looked around to see if the 4 adults would share a bottle of wine, and hubs said "no, she won't drink any." Like it was a fact. Not a slam, not a question... a fact. Whew. It takes time I guess.

Happy vibes to everyone. Life is short - be and do what you are here to be and do!
      Last edited by KENSHO; March 19, 2018, 12:31 PM.
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by wagmor View Post
        Seems like we're missing a few regulars or semi-regulars. If you're lurking (even if you're not a regular!) please drop a note
        I'm here!
        Just in a very bad mood so I don't have anything positive or useful to contribute to the nest.
        Hope to pull myself out of it soon
        Go as far as you can see.
        When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post

G, aren't you glad you have all of us mothers around to tell you how to take a trip to South America? What would you do without us? :love:
          Ain't that the truth! :harhar: But this is true too - What would i do without you all? Hope you're feeling better real soon Pavi!

Yo LB!

Thanks Crusader. I have found i'm lighter on my feet when i've got a cool project or 2 i love, that i'm taking daily action on in the woirks.

Friend Kensho - 97, i say 97 days already?!! Get outta here!!

Hope you're feeling better soon too there My wayin. Take care of yourself.

Big waves to everyone. L8tr g8trs.
          Last edited by Guitarista; March 19, 2018, 01:57 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good Monday evening Nesters!

Had a nice, sunny & above freezing day here, yay!! Snow is moving in the next two days so I guess spring is cancelled, ha ha!!

Great to see everyone & I hope you continue to heal Pav.
            MyWayIn, if you're feeling a bit low it's helpful to check in every day. Don't isolate yourself, it doesn't help at all, OK?

Not much else going on with me so I'll just wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good evening, nesters!
              Im so sorry to hear we have so many peeps feeling poorly! Here’s wishing everyone a speedy recovery. I hope to avoid that awful virus.
              I was drafted to work two trade shows one in May the other in June. My boss said that two of the other team members didnt do well at trade shows so they wont be going. Ive seen those two guys, they sit back in the booth and talk to each other and dont engage people when they go by. Can see why he says that but rather thn punishing those of us who actully work, he should say something to them! But what do I know?
              My day started out with our order entry person making a snippy remark. I started to write a snippy reply to her, but rther than reply in anger, I sat on it. Glad I did. She is a B*itch and no amout of my quips will change that, she’ll just tell on me to my boss. She copies him on everything. Feels like first grade sometimes. It goes to show you how the attitude of someone in that role can effect the whole team. We used to have a bubbly person who couldn't do enough to help us, now we have one that says everything isnt her job. Hag!

Glad to be sitting here sober with my little dog and my husband in the next chair. Life is good.
              Hugs to all! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

So I'm requesting doctor tests to verify, but it looks as if I have some adrenal fatigue, gut issues and borderline thyroid stuff. Makes sense since I've been burning the candle at both ends for, well, about 15 years now.

As I understand it there are many prescriptions for healing - one being to avoid the foods I'm sensitive to - and I should get that test back in a week or two. I have a feeling it's a vast list... so I'm not looking forward to it. Ugh! I am hoping that in a month or two I will have a solid idea of what I need to be doing. I'm really tired of feeling tired, and wiped, and emergent, and headachy, and having a bunch of other seemingly unrelated weird symptoms. No matter how hard it may be to restrict foods - I am hopeful for some answers and a plan moving forward.

I am certain that that plan does NOT include alcohol. I have wondered how much alcohol has played in this issue. I don't think it caused it - but if it's adrenals, it certainly was my way of dealing with it and coming "down" when I knew I needed to - but not actually addressing the problem. So it prolonged it perhaps?

Anyway, enough about my silly self - I made some homemade bone broth to go with the rain today and it has been soothing and lovely.

Have a good night everyone!
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Brydie years ago I had a booth at a trade show to promote my photography business. I was in awe of another photographer who had some beautiful work on display for sale. I was quite intimidated!
                  At the end of the day, I had sold over $1,700 of my work. I went to his booth to see how he did. He didn’t sell a single print.
                  He sat behind his table and read a book the entire day. I spent most of the day on the other side of the table talking to people, many of whom bought. I even booked a wedding!
                  It doesn’t matter what you sell, you’re in a people business. Hopefully your employer appreciates your efforts and deals with those who make little effort to engage clients.

KENSHO, my daughter in law recently had tests done to determine allergies and foods that were negatively impacting her health. The list was long and she has noticed a big improvement in how she feels since adjusting her diet. You kicked al out of your life, hopefully the dietary changes will make you feel so much better. Stay strong, you’ll be feeling your best in no time I bet.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Just a quick check-in...too much going on and I am not in the mood for any of it. And I am not in the mood for AL either , thankfully.

Son is out working on a movie again with classmates, daughter is at gymnastics and husband is picking her up on his way home.

Daughter going on cruise on Saturday. I've been ignoring that fact, but I have to do a lot of paperwork, online checkin biz, etc.

And then there is the double whammy, rain, ice, sleet and snow event coming.

That's about it here. Have a great AF night, all.
                    (I feel like a Debbie downer after reading my post)
                    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Buenos Dias Pájaros! I'm sipping on my morning Joe - which I will likely have to discontinue soon - and feeling quite calm. I know what is on my list today, and I'm not going to panic to get it done. I think I've caused as much of my "emergency" mode as my job. Mindset is everything, and its time to fix it.

My chocolate puppy has a hot spot right on her cheek, so I have to bring her into the vet today. She may have to wear the cone of shame, poor thing. We also just bought tickets to a Cirque de Soleil for this Friday night - we opted for that over theme parks. My only requests for this trip is that I can walk barefoot on the beach each day, and sleep in. Other than that, I just don't want to be stressed. I usually panic before trips so I can "get it all done" because clients are demanding, but I'm changing my tactic to "I can probably complete 'x' and will have to pick up when I return". I just can't run on adrenaline any more.

I'm at the bottom of my cup, so time to make lunches for my loved ones. Has anyone heard from Moonking? LAV, we ARE missing people. Happy Tuesday.
                      Last edited by KENSHO; March 20, 2018, 08:42 AM.
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, All:

MyWayIn and Crusader - A forum like this exists so you CAN vent, throw all your crap out there so it is not festering inside, feeding your cravings for alcohol. I agree with Lav - feeling down is almost when you should post more rather than less. Vent away.

Kensho - those sound like two perfect goals! I love a beach vacation - I'm putting it on the wish list. Hope you get all that stuff figured out soon... I don't think I'm in tune enough with my body to notice stuff like that.

Byrdie - So sorry you have such a stressful job with a bunch of maroons (as Bugs Bunny would say) getting in your way. I'm sorry you're "punished" for your good work, also. How is your boss? Could you ever schedule a sit down with him/her and give your concerns about having to be the one at the trade shows? Or at least ask for more compensation? I think you made a great choice not responding to that snit. They go low, you go high.

Don't know how you feel about Oprah (she CAN be cheesy, I admit), but my sister sent me this podcast episode with Pema Chodron, and I appreciated it: Pema Chodron - Dealing With Difficult Times

I'm venturing out of my house and to work for the first time in nearly a week. I don't feel very well, but I think I'll feel worse if I don't actually go show my face. Fingers crossed!

Happy SOBER Tuesday,
                        Pav

Comment

LB and mywayin - glad to see you both and to know you're hanging out - we're here for you :hug:

Crusader - sorry to hear of your on-going health woes. Are you thinking to see a naturopath or a more mainstream dr? Regardless, I hope you're able to get things sorted out soon so that you feel some real relief

Pav - tee hee, several of us did pipe in like G's mom (or auntie?) didn't we? Glad to hear you're venturing out today. I hope all goes well and you start to feel on the mend soon!

Byrdie - OMG, sounds like you work with a bunch of adolescents! Both of the behaviors you described (snippy and cc'ing the boss, slacking off trade shows so ultimately getting out of doing them) would drive me nuts. I guess the only thing you can control is how YOU respond/react (or don't). Sounds like you did a great job on that front. I send you strength.

Kensho - thanks for the congrats. You've got your own coming up in just a few days - triple digits woot!!! I think I missed where you're headed on vacation, but since it includes a beach it automatically sounds lovely. Where are you headed???

In Wagland, work is really picking up again and I will be kinda crazy busy this week. I could never handle any of this if I were drinking - I'd be foolishly over-committing myself and then having to cancel loads of stuff either due to hangovers or cuz I just wanted to drink instead of work. So grateful to be free of that! I really try to spend even just a few seconds every day finding one or more things about my quit that I'm grateful for - usually something I'm able to do that I wouldn't be able to accomplish if drinking, but sometimes it's a "lack" of something that I appreciate instead (e.g., lack of time wasted trying to make sure I have enough al for a long weekend, or lack of headache upon waking in the morning).

Gratitude - that's my keyword for today. What's yours???
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning Nesters! Day 33.

"Good character doesn't come with adulthood" -Crusader-

Darn, I just lost my whole post. Well, I'll do a short one.

Wags, that quote came from your response to Bryd. I posted a long explanation of personality types and disorders to look out for, but will have to let that go for now. Sometimes, I hit something on my laptop and into the void the post goes. In regards to my health, I have used my own methods of healing on anything I can for many years. I will see a regular doctor in the near future because certain things and tests can only be obtained in the established medical system. If I don't start feeling better soon, I need to know what I am dealing with if there is something established medicine can pinpoint. Sometimes, they have no explanation and then you are on your own to solve your problem which I've been through several times before. I have a few thoughts on why I don't feel well, and time is what I need to figure it out. I have a very over reactive immune system, and truthfully, alcohol has kept it muted. Every time I stop drinking, it erupts. Allergies get worse, etc. The other side of the coin which we all know is the the alcohol does damage on other fronts. Right now, I have to find out if my awakened amped-up immune system is behind this or other issues of damage. Time will tell. I would think if this was from my organs, it would have been a consistent sick feeling, but I was feeling better and then all these issues slammed me at once. It's a stay tuned situation currently. Thank you for the kind thoughts.

Thanks Pav. That's it exactly.

I only skimmed the board this morning. Pretty tired, so that's it for now.

Hugs and love to all.
                            The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Hi Nesters,
                              it's already almost 7pm here and I'm so tired, so this will be short..
                              Kensho, have a wonderful trip! I would love to be sinking my feet into some warm sand.. it finally snowed here today, of all days. What?!
                              Pav, I'm glad you're feeling better.. you know to take it easy. Maybe show your face and then head back home..:love: Thanks for the link.. I love Pema..
                              Byrdie, great job not responding to that stupid woman.. I'm always shocked when I hear stories like that.. I'm fortunate not to have any such idiots where I work.. we are going to check out a trade show at the end of May and I am so looking forward to it! I hope yours turns out to be not so bad.. I can imagine you are very good in such situations..
                              Wags, Crusader, Ava, LB, Lav, Belle, G-man, Mywayin, NS.. everyone checking in/flying by today.. big hugs!

Choices is also MIA.. has anyone heard from her?
                              Last edited by lifechange; March 20, 2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Ola nesters,

Thanks for the link Pav. I like Pema, and anything buddhist related. Why? Coz it just makes sense to me. Take it easy at work.

Byrdy, i always have the feeling that i wonder if you are destined for some other line of work. I don't quite know what. Anyway, take it easy and good move not reacting to the small minded stuff. Some folk are simply at a different stage of inner development i think. At least that's what i try to remember. It doesn't excuse disrespectful behaviour. Go forth and conquer fair maiden!

LC, no i haven't heard from Choices or Kingy. Or Jvo. If youse are reading, i send you a wave and a smile. Hope your week's going nicely there LC.

Kensho, bare foot on sand is the ticket!

Day $%^&*(!! but who's countin? Take it easy and git some self lovin in TODAY.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X