Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters...Day 51.

Thanks G! Congrats to YOU! You are taking great control over your life and treating yourself well. Keep going, guy; I like seeing your progress.

Wags, it is heart warming to see her get excited. When you adopt a dog with six years previous life experiences, it takes time to figure them out and get their trust. Little issues present themselves, and I feel like a detective putting theories together with her backstory. We were told she had one owner for six years until they went homeless. We've had two night fires in the wood stove and as soon as she smelled the smoke, she went all freaked. So, detective me begins to wonder if she became homeless from a house fire...I'll leave the other theories about how a house fire could have occurred and brought about a homeless situation in the files for now. lol We looked at a Jack Russel Terrier mix at the shelter that had just arrived and was two years old. My boyfriend wanted her, but is glad now we have Marley. I told him, let's get both. He gave me that look. Enough said. LOL!!!!!!!!!! Hugs to you regarding your father. I know you've been through a lot already.

Bryd, I've made some progress on that front of carrying other's burdens and responsibilities. You work on that. Unfortunately, it can come with a price when you do. You find out who was in your life for the right reasons, that is for sure!!! There are different personality types out there and some are predators looking for the givers so they can take whatever you'll give. Be good, but watch out for the users. This topic could take up a whole message board or thread, so I'll leave it at that.

LC, thank you! You sound good! Thanks for the link. I looked at it and found the book in a PDF file to read. I'll try to give it a read.:thumbsup:

Lav, you are like my mom. Always giving gifts that are heartfelt.:love:

Ava and Belle and anyone else with animal ills, love and hugs to you. Pets are a special kind of worry. They are so dependent and have an innocence that makes it hard to see them suffer. When we lost our dog last year, I said no more pets. I always get so sad, but here I am with my new shelter dog. They need good homes. After I read your post on making your own dog food, I did some reading. I'm in maybe mode right now. I took in a sick abandoned puppy years back just until it was well. It wouldn't eat, so I made it homemade food and it ate it and got better. I couldn't have him, so a home was found. It amazes me how people can mistreat animals. There is something missing and wrong with such individuals. I'll go back to my post to Bryd with that.

MsDinah, my boyfriend finally went to the VA yesterday. His liver enzymes were normal and he drinks all day everyday. Go figure. I had a blood draw Tuesday and will get my results this coming week. I'll let you know how mine come out.

Hello to everyone else and have a good weekend. I'm happy it is here. Three visits for my health issues and a new dog have me wiped out!
    The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Hi, im on day one and looking for some support out there. Is the nest updated often? last post was in January. hmm.

Comment

You must have a setting wrong or clicked in on a past page Lisa cause the Nest is posted on daily. When you go to a thread click on “ last page” to get to the most recent posts!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Got it.

Comment

S'up!

Welcome Lisa, good to see you here. Congrat's on day 1 and making the decision to reclaim your precious life. Life IS fkn precious. That i am realising.

Working weekend for me. Feeling better this sunday morning. Still have a sniffle and clogged up, but fever has gone. Yay! Big hugs to all the cute pups out there. I love dogs. There was a black labrador the other day at the beach. He was maybe 8-12 months old full of energy. He swam out to greet me as i was coming in from a swim. He made eye contact and said hello, then swam back in to his owner. He kept looking back wanting to jump in the water to play with me. Very cute!

Wags, yep my bands album should be ready for the public mid next week. The art work and design production has been a longer than usual wait as the guy doing the cover art for us had a baby mid way! Fair enough. I didn't want to hassle him too much when him and his wife were expecting. Baby, mumma and pappa are all good.

Take it easy out there and get some self lovin in today K? K.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Welcome, Lisa! Congrats on making the decision to live an alcohol-free life. I’m new too - three weeks today. It gets a little easier and better every day. My first week was a bit rocky, with some physical symptoms, but they went away. I’m SO grateful that I quit. You will be too. Enjoy your sober weekend!

And thanks for the warm welcome I got from all of you who responded to my first post!
              Last edited by MsDinah; April 7, 2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Welcome Lisa! We are so glad you found us! Be sure to check out the Tool Box, link is in my signature line below. Full of useful tips and tricks to help you theu the first challenging days.
                Dinah, it warms my heart to see you reaching back to help the next new person! THAT’S what recovery is all about, if you ask me. Hang in to one month so you will get your honorary HAT from your fellow nesters!
                G, loved your lab story, how cute that must have been!
                Hugs to all, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

morning nesters

Well a beautiful day here, been for a walk and made a lovely breakfast for the SO and i. we are going to look at some gardens today, not my thing but i do seem a tad more interested since i have been with him. all the plants i own die, apparently they need water.

Hi Pauly, glad to have you here. I think as the others have said pull the positivity out your butt each and every day. for me the first positive of my day is i wont drink and if i dont drink each day then its a bloody good day. The rest of the shit just happens and we deal with it.

Welcome Dina and Lisa, a great site to be on and lots of friendly people. After 4 years i still need to be accountable to MWO either by reading or posting each and every day.

Oh Pav, i am so glad my teenagers grew into humans, seemed to take forever and i am sure they started me on getting grey but they are great humans now and love them to bits. Hope you are feeling 100% and work has settled down for you.

I stayed home on friday as i was not feeling 100% and i figure that i dont have time to be sick as my son called and i had to pick him up from work as he sliced open his thumb and needed 10 stitches, lucky i did make a drs apt for me that he took. i then had to pick up poppy from the vets who is now on a regime of tablets atm for her gall bladder. i am hoping it settles down as otherwise she will need another ultrasound and maybe an operation and at $1500 thus far, id like her gall bladder to settle down. she seems pretty sparkly compared to the last week or two so fingers crossed. i am just happy she is home again. Belle i hope your baby is doing much better.

Well i am getting the look to get ready to go out so off to enjoy the lovely day.

take care x
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

So grateful we did not get the snow that was predicted here today. It is still cold, definitely not spring.

Hello & welcome Dinah & Lisa!
                    Glad you both found the nest & settled in with us. Some of us have been around here for a very long time, haha (me)!
                    If you haven't already be sure to visit our Tool box for great ideas to make your plans.

Wags, I'll share a secret with you re elderly drivers. You can have a doctor tell your Dad that he is no longer safe to drive or you can contact your state dept. of transportation, tell them & they will send a letter to your Dad telling him he needs to be retested to maintain his license. He won't be willing to go in for a driver's test. We have made both moves with parents & grandparents.....believe me! Takes the pressure off of you

Everyone dealing with teenagers, I feel for you. I found that the best thing to do was trust that you have raised them properly & they will make good choices. If not just make sure they know what the consequences are! It worked with our kids, we had no problems.

I hope everyone's ailing pups are doing better. I was in the same boat with one of mine last year at this time.

Pauly, how are you today?

Byrdie, we will do our best to help hold you up for the next year so you can retire in peace

Hello to G, Pav, Kensho, Crusader & anyone I have missed.
                    Have a comfy & safe night in the nest everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone, just checking in. Having a really sad day. 15 hockey players were killed in a crash on Friday, most of them under 20 years old, its horrible. I am so glad I am not drinking.
                      This tragedy hits so close to home, so many people are effected by this and there are so many sad stories we are hearing.

Welcome Dinah and Lisa, so glad to have you here.

I will be back soon.

Don't drink today.
                      xo
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Welcome Lisa! Congrats on making two excellent decisions - quitting drinking AND jumping into the nest here

Lav - thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely keep both in mind.

Byrdie - sounds like a good decision to stay if you're that close to retiring. As long as you aren't drinking AT the job or anything else for that matter, you'll be in good shape.

Nar - I saw the news of the hockey team - so incredibly tragic. Sending good thoughts and support to our northerly neighbors - sounds like this is a much-beloved team in Saskatchewan and throughout Canada.

Will catch you all again tomorrow - for now have good nights and mornings depending on whereabouts you are!
                        Last edited by wagmor; April 8, 2018, 12:07 AM.
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good Morning Nesters,

Nar, that is such sad news..I haven't yet found a good way to deal internally with such senseless accidents. I hate that they happen...very sad for so many people.:hug:

Lisa, welcome and well done on day 1. I hope you'll stick around the Nest and get to know us.. it helps to have the support here while on the road of finding your way out.. lot's of accumulated experience and open ears and hearts.

Welcome to you, too, Dinah and congrats on 3 weeks af! Byrdie does give out the most gorgeous hats for 30 days.. looking forward to seeing what you get.

Ava, I had to laugh at your plant comment. I am the same.. the only plants that live in my place are those out on the balcony.. and that's only if we get enough rain! Is your son a chef/working as a cook? I sliced my thumb off a few years ago and was amazed that it healed.. the power of the body. Hugs to little Poppy..

Pav and Belle, I'm in the same boat with you all and the teenagers.. I was talking to a guy/friend at work the other day about my eldest. He has a younger daughter and he was asking about our rules, her boyfriend, etc.. Sometimes it's so difficult to step back and let them be who they are, trust them, let them grow into the adults they are becoming.. I so related to what you said, Pav.. Yes, they are their own Humans! Damn! When my eldest was born, her Aunt told me how fortunate I was to have this little soul search for me to accompany her on her Life's journey.. that thought comes to me often now as she becomes more of a woman and our relationship shifts.. the younger one is just 13 and still so much a child, not yet really into puberty and I'm hanging on tightly to her .. though not too tightly, I hope.:happy2:

How are you feeling today, Kensho? I hope your bad mood left you in peace..

Big shout out to all you lovely Nesters.. Wishing everyone a nice Sunday..xx
                          Last edited by lifechange; April 8, 2018, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Morning nesters,Welcome Dinah and Lisa off to IHOP with hubs so just a quick hello for now and a wish for a happy AF Sunday for us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quick morning check in.

Welcome, Lisa. You will find FREEDOM from your decision to get booze out of your life. I recommend a podcast called The Bubble Hour - stories and interviews by sober women. It helped me a lot my first year.

Nar - so sad. So sorry.

Hope Poppy is helped by those pills, Ava, and FFS, your kids have been in the hospital a lot this year! So glad you're sober to deal with it.

Off to enjoy the sunny weather.

Happy SOBER Sunday.
                              Pav

Comment

Morning Nesters...heading toward 60 days, but in an 'ick' mood this morning and almost didn't post. You know that type of day you wake up and don't want to talk to anyone. It's that kind of morning.

I'm remembering that dogs wake you up in the morning. I'm tired, lathargic and not feeling well today, so not much to say. Tomorrow I'll make this weeks doctor appointment to follow through on testing results and add in my antimicrobial herbs again today. It's sunny outside, so I'll make myself get out today when I can muster the energy to get up.

Have a good one, all.
                                Last edited by Crusader; April 8, 2018, 11:10 AM.
                                The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Working...
                                X