• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Ava!!!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hang in there Byrdie! Lav's right that rest this weekend will start you on the right foot Monday. NO job is worth killing yourself for. Ive had to learn that too. There is a line that should not be crossed. Just because we can doesn't mean we should. Keep the sanity!

Sorry for your endless frost Lav. Weird weather everywhere it seems. The world is a bit off.

Quiet Friday night here, going through mail. I get so much junk mail and a huge stack of design-related catalogs, so it takes awhile to weed through it. Happy to be chilling. I do have a belly ache though. I get tired of watching what I eat sometimes and our neighbor asked me and the kids over for chili so I ate the whole meal and I'm paying for it. Boy what I would give for that list of "what my body doesn't like" so I could just avoid that list. I know it's several things but I can't quite put my finger on exactly what so I get tired and just eat like a normal human - then my belly hurts!

I can't believe I used to weather hangovers and nausea on a regular basis. Man, I really value feeling good these days!

Have a good night everyone (or morning for those of you opposite me).
      Last edited by KENSHO; April 20, 2018, 09:54 PM.
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Ava, I thought of you as soon as I heard Avicci died. I feel like I was there when you were hassling the DJ wanting him to play the same song over and over. I have done that before many times. Yeah, it sucks he died, he was very talented. Sounds like he had issues with AL too, how crazy is that?

Happy Birthday! So glad you are having a sober birthday.

I just stopped in for a second on my way to bed.

Looking forward to waking up Un Hung tomorrow!

xo
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Kensho, I did the same thing today, I went to a Chinese buffet and had a piece of pizza and a big soup bowl of Moose Tracks and now my tummy is thinking of running away from home. I always think I can fool my lactose intolerance but my body always catches it. Kind of like booaze, I guess, the body and mind always know! You are so right, if I left this job Id be replaced in two weeks and life would go on!

A gorgous day today, had a hot date with some weeds and then took a nice walk. Very rejuvenating.
          Happy Sattidy, all! Byrdie.
          Last edited by Byrdlady; April 21, 2018, 06:48 PM.
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hola, Ola, Howdy, Gidday Nesters

Well i'll be a meditating monk, it's almost 8 months for me. Cool! Hope you're okay there Byrdy. I've blown a couple of gaskets last couple of weeks organising band album release artwork and contrary vague travel visa requirements. Good thing i dont hold onto that stuff for too long these days.

Here's some Eckhart Tolle talking about presence and managing thoughts. 15 mins.

The Power of Presence - Why Presence

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello all, having a nice saturday. Made a nice breakfast for family and went for a long walk with my daughter and dog. Then went out to lunch with fam to eat some more. Good thing im being somewhat active.
              Byrd it sounds like you are dealing with the stress of the job and not letting it control you. Cant control others actions, only ours. Your doing a stand up job. keep it up. I just watched a video on stress and how we deal with it. The just was it we constantly fight it and avoid it we will be more stressed as opposed to seeing "some" stress as healthy and quite motivating. Dealing with it face on and finding positive solutions. Im looking forward to using some of those tools the next time the stress comes at me.

Going to watch Mary Poppins play for sons high school where he is on crew for second time in a week. Oh the memories that come flooding back when mary starts belting out supercalifragilisticexpialidocious(yes i had to google spelling). So fun!

Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We had a real nice day, only slightly chilly & NO SNOW ha ha!!! Maybe spring has finally arrived ;

Kensho & Byrdie, I have found when my GI system is screaming at me for a break the easiest thing to do is eliminate (just about everything) for a few days while you heal. There's something that you know that agrees with you so stick with that like scrambled eggs, bone broth, mild stuff. Then when you feel better start adding stuff back into your diet, one thing at a time. I found that after a lifetime of eating beef (hamburgers, roast beef, etc) all of a sudden I can't anymore. I know for a fact that dairy is a big NO NO for me. I can no longer eat raw spinach but I can eat it cooked. Weird, huh?? My newest can't eat anymore thing is tomatoes.....
                This is all very annoying but I'd rather not feel sick You have to do the elimination diet to find the culprit(s).

Glad to see everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

So my question for Byrdie IS: Why is a Chinese buffet serving pizza and Ben & Jerry's? They sound confused.
                  Last edited by KENSHO; April 21, 2018, 10:51 PM.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Quick fly by to say hello to all. Sorry I've been gone so much - not drinking though, cuz I'm too busy to drink! My business is taking off like a rocket and I'm excited but also trying to not let it grow too fast. It's taking most of my time these days.

I need to stop by every day no matter what. I always feel bad not having time to both read and post. I think I'll try alternating, or reading with just a quickie hello like this. Waves and hugs to you all :heartbeat:
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Quick flyby from me too,not much to report just wanted to say hello and have a safe,sober Sunday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

Ava - I thought of you when I heard about Avicci also. The old Loamer thread... It IS good to have nights like that to remember in case you get the hankering to drink again. I'm glad you had a great birthday!

Kensho - thanks for sharing that video. So sweet - it made me cry. Good reminder of how to live life...

Byrdie - so sorry about your work. I don't know how old your co-workers are, but as I age I notice that I am treated sometimes a little differently.

Got out to some live music last night. I was tired, but rallied. I'm always glad when I do - music soothes the soul, and a little dancing doesn't hurt.

Heading to a memorial service for the mom of one of my son's friends. I didn't know her well, but so sad for the whole family.

Happy SOBER Sunday,
                        Pav

Comment

A lazy Sunday, just what I needed.
                          Heading To Atlanta tomorrow. There was a day that I would have maneuvered my trip to go thru Charlotte, because they have a wine shop in the concourse that I could grab a bottle and not have to worry about the security checkpoint. Airport bars used to allow you to get a double shot for a dollar more, too, sheesh, the money I spent on booze. Those werent the days.
                          Pav, oddly enough I fall right in the middle of the pack agewise, but Im the only female. Sad to say that I do think that contributes to my issue, I am easily dismissed whereby the guys are not. I learned something interesting on Friday, one of my other coworkers said he didn't have any issue with the hag admin. If he had a mistake on a Zip code or a job number, she made the corrections for him and informed him so he could make the corrections on his end and his records would be right. For Pete’s sake, she is making life miserable for me. My list is getting more robust by the day.
                          I may be a bit scarce the next couple days, but will do my best. Stay strong, everyone! Byrdie
                          Last edited by Byrdlady; April 22, 2018, 12:22 PM.
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Bake the hag a cake Byrdy. Take care of yourself.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

I got to enjoy a day with my daughter, granddaughter & SIL. We cooked outside because it was so nice - for real

Byrdie, I think perhaps your hag needs a visit from the STELLA! They will peck her right into submission, ha ha! Wishing you a safe trip & an easy time at the show.

Hello to G, Pav, Pauly, wags & everyone!

Have a safe night in the nest one & all!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

evening nesters

Back to the Monday grind and the politics of office life. I am slowly watching where i used to work go down the tube, its sad to see "your baby" be ruined by the village idiots. the girl who took over from me complains how overworked she is and has had nearly every clinic and job taken off her. she will be filing her fingernails soon for fun. its frustrating and i should not care but i do. The new PA is a bully which is amusing but when she starts on me i email the prof which shuts her up but why do people need to cause crap. i go to work to work and be proud of what i do. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

At least Byrd i now dont have to deal with what you are at the moment. I wonder why the secretary doesnt like you. people are funny creatures.

Good to see you busy Wags and achieving what you are. I know i would not be where i am today if i was drinking.

How is it going Lisa? I love Mary Poppins, it is a great movie to this day.

Enjoy that sunshine Lav, I was talking to a fellow nester the other day and he was saying it was 23 degrees and he was going to have a salad. i laughed at that one. still am laughing.

Oh Pav, Avicci, well i wish he had listened to his lyrics, they were very meaningful to me for some reason. its very very sad.

well time to feed my girls and finish this scarf, everytime i think its long enough its not!

Take care xx
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X