Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday all (and Mother's Day!)
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had, k9... had
      Goes so quick!
      And yourself?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
        Sorry dont have time to read all the posts as im working, i just wanted to drop in to say hi to all.. and let everyone know that I am fine now.. had a bit of a depressive episode yesterday morning but i am now feeling much better.. hope everyone had a good weekend and stayed strong - i struggled but got there in the end!
        Katie xxx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Panno - welcome to a good home. Here you go. They are getting so cute that we want to keep them all so please take one or 2 or 3. :H

K9, Wanna, Katie - hope you all are doing well. Been sort of slow here in the nest today. I've been cleaning up loose twigs and getting things ready. Seatbelts in place and velcro all set. I am going to have an early night and plan on long hours this week at work. I sure enjoyed having my weekend off though. I think I needed that. I might change my mind tomorrow when I get there but for now......it was a very wise decision.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

cricket

Hi everyone,
            Hey Molly
            I love to watch cricket. I love to watch England get beaten by anyone in the comp. Are you watching the 20/20 in W.I.? We get it live here at 3am, a bit early for me but then the replay, without breaks, is on at 7pm. It's very nice to watch for a couple of hours before bed. I used to enjoy watching the one dayers on a sat & sun while drinking cider all day. I wondered if it would have the same appeal without the grog and it does. I like nothing better than seeing the Aussies trounce England or New Zealand, but when Eng play against NZ I always go for the Kiwis.
            I can go on and on about cricket, but I won't.
            Tant
            AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

BRADY BUNCH

Mamma
              I was a big fan of Brady Bunch. Jan was the one I identified with. middle child. Of course I thought Greg was Dreeeeeamy. Wish I'd had a big brither like that instead of the a-hole I got.
              You know Mamma, don't take offense, but in your photo you look alot like Carol Brady, does Papa look like Mike?
              Tant
              AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone. You all sound upbeat this morning. Good on you.
                Hi Newone - welcome. Realising you will never be able to moderate is terrifying. It is also hard to accept. But if you are anything like me, you will have to learn to accept it. I hate the fact that I cant mod, but for my sanity and sobriety, I have to learn how to live without it. Stick around here - ask us anything and post abit about yourself.
                Molly,Tant, cricket....??? OMG that is SOOOOOO boring! even pissed I couldnt watch it! Although any game that beats the poms has to be a bonus! My h/b is a from England and there is abit of rivalry in the house when the Aussies play the Poms.
                Nora - your mother cat hasnt been sneaking a sip of wine, has she? Your grey kitty is so gorgeous with his blue eyes. How is your friend?
                Just have to brag about my Mothers Day dinner last night. My 10 year old daughter sorted out the menu, went shopping and cooked up a storm. She did three courses - spicy meatballs with plum sauce, garlic creamy chicken and pasta and the yummiest chocolate cupcakes with a cup of green tea for dessert. I was so impressed and she seemed to enjoy it. The kitchen was declared a natural disater zone after wards but it was lovely to be fussed about like that. (One proud mum!).
                Tranq - you were asking for different recipes for iced tea. I had a mocktail on Saturday that was really different, but surprisingly delicious. It had grated fresh ginger, sliced jalapeno chilis, fresh lemon and topped with soda water. It sounds disgusting but was actually very tasty.
                Anyway gotta run, got a few jobs to do before work.... like get dressed for a start.
                Have a good day. Stay strong.
                HC
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy - you crack me up!!
                  Anyway gotta run, got a few jobs to do before work.... like get dressed for a start.
                  You sound like me! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Your mocktail sounds atrocious. Be sure to tell Fennel to add that to the menu for "Dos Gatos". It will be a hit. :H
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day!

Despite the difficulties I've been dealing with lately - I had a great day today. Just found out my second grandchild is on the way. What a terrific Mother's Day gift Wow, that's just the best piece of news for me right now! I am so grateful, feeling blessed!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - thats fantastic! congratulations!!.. I am so pleased you had a good Mothers Day too..

Katie
                      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav...I am happy for you some...you needed some good news
                        I LOOK LIKE CAROL BRADY????? I am going to hang my self....she was the mom and old and......
                        I think I look like Marcia....or at least I used to....GOD I am getting old!!
                        Had a great day with the family at the lake house.....my two sons are hilarious when they get together and insult each other....my oldest gave me the sweetest card telling me I was his best friend and was always there for him.....i boo hoo'd for a second, but felt relly special
                        He and I have talked alot about my al issues and he has always taken care of me and looked out for me
                        I am blessed
                        ok...enough about me....hope everyone had a happy day and I'll meet you all at the Taco Truck in the morning
                        nite nite
                        mama
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow. Beany and Cecil were awesome! And Rocket J. Squirrel - Yes! With the great Mr. Peabody! Classics! Get Smart and Agent 99? Great memories!

Hey Hippy - Great job on the wine-less winery weekend. That is superb in a challenging situation. How great is it that you and hubby could talk through the situation and realize what was really underneath it? Fantastic.

By the way, it ebbs and flows, but I'm finding that 'sometimes' I can be just as silly and goofy as I was with a few beers in me. It doesn't happen all the time - maybe it depends on my moods and feelings. I guess the farther I get away from being al dependent, I'm starting to lighten up and enjoy things more.

Thanks for the lemon-ginger-chile recipe. I've gotta try that! Are the jalepenos fresh or can/jar?

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Take care everyone!
                          tw
                          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, yes, Lav - congrats on the Mother's day surprise! That's great news!
                            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Big news!!! When is the baby expected?

Mama - Of course you are Marcia!!!! Without a doubt you are Marcia.

Tranq - You're really going to try it? You are brave!! I love jalape?os. I love tea. but all mixed in a drink, I'm still hesitant, I'll wait for your second opinion. :H
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy jumpin' jelly beans, people!!!

How the hell is someone supposed to catch up on this thread???? :H

I've given up - from what I DID read, everyone is doing great! Awesome! AF weekends rock, don't they!?

Oh.. btw... I'm back :H

Trip was ok, uneventful - I did take Mr. Wonderful up on his offer and didn't go back to my old place. He managed by himself. Apparently, I owe him big time, now

Crimety, I woke up Saturday (that was yesterday, I guess) to S N O W :egad: Yep, that nasty, forbidden four letter word. Got soaked to the bone feeding horses, then had a lovely *ahem* ferry ride and the weather wasn't much better on the 'main land'. OMG, there was a poor family next to us... mom and 2 girls were positively GREEN with puke bags in hand... Dad was the only one looking half human. Thank God, I don't get sea sick.

Visited with some old friends, quiet, nothing spectacular and no booze (at least for me). Then back today, had a itty bitty accident with the trailer... Mr. W. isn't quite sure how he's supposed to explain that the car hauler hit a boat They'd moved us at the last minute and we ended up slightly rearranging the car deck of the ferry upon our departure. Did some damage to the trailer but not to what was on it... and nobody was hurt. That's the most important.

Anyways, I'm totally wiped - had to plant stuff my friend and I dug out of her garden this morning (bit weird, brushing snow away to plant flowers, if you ask me), so I'm COLD and hungry and tired and... ya know? Bed time!

Missed y'all - have a sound, sane, safe night! :l
                                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X