Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hola all,

Great news re your son Belle. To be wanted and to feel wanted by the teaching staff would be a huge plus for him i'm thinking. Those prof's sound like they have a great attitude. All the best to him and you on his new adventures there.

Crusader may've had her bub by now? Hope all's ok.

Pav. Did ya find a dollar behind the couch?

Nice weekend had here. My sobriety is strong and committed. Life is full of possibilities and that is exciting. 'Dance like no one's watching'! Why not?

Have a great week ahead pilgrims.
    Last edited by Guitarista; April 29, 2018, 03:27 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

morning nesters

Pav i hope your pup is ok and on the mend. I too give up fighting the people who drink and get defensive, they must have their own problems and i have fought to get where i am so any justification on their part about al goes over my head. i was talking to a guy that i know who has a drinking problem and he was about to go into a detox program and told me how excited he was. i must say i was never excited about giving up al, i was petrified and scared and uncertain that i could go the hard yards. i suppose we all communicate in different ways but it sent red flags to me, the ex drinker. Scattered seems to be my middle name at the moment!

Wags, great work on not taking on that woman. The profs PA is just like that woman, nice as pie, demanding but in the most pleasant ways and can be your best friend but if you ask her for something she has not done but said she has she will start bullying. i am over being bullied so i tell her boss and it stops but i am forever on guard with her. Some people are just horrible people end of story and i am not going to her level but i still feel upset and unsettled.

Byrd have you tried telling her to F off? Oh i wish i could say that to a few people and get away with it.

G, cant wait to celebrate your year anniversary.

Lisa, you are sounding good and nothing and no-one are worth drinking AT.

I had a busy day yesterday in the kitchen, the SO is moving stores so is really busy so i thought i would leave him a stack of food for the week. Cooking is overrated!

take care x
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

i have a golden doodle.

Comment

Happy Sunday, all!
          G, Im so excited for your trip. I will live vicariously thru you, if you dont mind. How exciting, will you be able to give us a docu-drama recap as you go along? Fun and exciting times ahead!
          I have a Chihuahua, Rubi is the baby and spoiled rotten!
          Pav, we pulled the fridge out the other day to retrieve a magnet I dropped, OMG! You could grow carrots under there, YUCK! Glad nobody saw that but us.
          Hope everyone has a peaceful evening. Hope Crusader is ok, check in! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdy, i want to keep checking in here on my travels, so internet connection willing, i'll be sure to yap about my adventures. I have made connections with folks in Chile and Rio, so it'll be cool to be shown around the joint a bit. My brazillian friend wants to take me Samba dancing! um......ooooookay. I'm honoured of course. Have a great week.
            Last edited by Guitarista; April 29, 2018, 05:28 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good Sunday evening Nesters,

I had a great afternoon out with my daughter & her family. Fun times & we even got to see a musical 'Newsies'

For years & years moving furniture exposed some dust bunnies & dog hair only. Now with 3 grandkids visiting frequently I find just about anything you can imagine, ha ha!
              Half eaten peanut butter sandwich, sure! The sticky lollipop sticks with dog hair stuck on them, sure! Not to mention goldfish crackers, popcorn, half eaten cookies.........
              The all time worst find is the sippy cup with curdled milk, yuck!!!

Great to see everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, husband went out of town today and that thought came on strong to drink. Is a normal pattern for sure. Reminding myself of how bad i felt the last time i drank and where it took me. Dont want to start over again.

Comment

[MENTION=24164]LisaM[/MENTION] - great job on remembering how bad it was. Playing it all the way thru has saved me more than once. ::thumbsup:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi, All:

Lisa, that used to be a big drinking time for me, too. When my husband was out of town I would get take out, watch bad TV and drink. Now I just get take out and watch bad tv - don't miss the drink, but it was a challenge. Maybe for this first time make plans that will have you doing something completely different?

My dog is ok. They took the drain out but he still had to wear the cone until his stitched come out in about a week or a little more. So pathetic to see him trying to scratch his ears through the plastic! He also keeps bumping into things with it. Poor guy - I wish I spoke dog so I could explain it to him. But he'll be fine.

G! I want to Samba in Brazil! I hope you do get a chance to check in so we can hear about your adventures. One great thing about your morning sobriety ritual (speed yoga!) is that you can do it anywhere. Take care of yourself!

I had lunch with a mentor yesterday and got great insight about what I need to do at work to calm things down. I told both my kids how glad I was that I asked for help when I thought I needed it. What a revelation that I don't have to do everything all alone and perfectly all the time.

Off to work. Happy Monday. So grateful I don't have a hangover...

Pav

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm still patting myself on the back for trusting my gut on the client from hell that I decided not to work with. Sometimes I can tell what my gut is saying, but if I can't put it into words "why" I see red flags, I don't always listen to it. I am learning to trust it cuz it rarely steers me wrong.

Since that icky day I've had three VERY full work days that were all fabulous with clients I really enjoy. Just what I needed to snap out of the funk that woman tried to dump onto me. I'm also exhausted from my full weekend of work. Today is an easy recovery day, then tomorrow will kick me in the teeth again. I'm at my max - cannot fathom taking on any more clients over the next month or 6 weeks. Some of them will finish with me in early June, so maybe then.

Pav - glad your pup is doing better, but getting that cone off will be the best! I don't even want to think about what's behind some of our furniture.

Byrdie - hang in there with your client. This too shall pass.

Belle - sounds like your son is making a great decision. Ultimately, feeling good about the choice is probably what matters most. I love what you said about how you (he) will feel waking up every morning. Such good advice. Kinda like choosing to protect our quits - we choose the path where we wake up and feel good!

Hellos and waves to everyone stopping by today. Happy Monday!!!
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

G! Samba lessons! Wowzers! 1-2 cha cha cha, 3-4 cha cha cha! Waita minute, thats not a Samba. I hope you’ve got more rhythm than I do. I have a hunch you are quite capable of busting a move!

I didn't choke anyone today, Ill consider that a win. Stay strong, everyone! Byrdie.
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I didn't choke anyone today either Byrdie - yay for us!!!!

It was a real nice day around Lav-land, spring has finally arrived. Except for the fact that it will be hitting 90 degrees Thursday, everything is great, ha ha!

Lisa, what we're doing here is breaking old habits & replacing them with new, healthier habits!
                          Drinking wine anywhere, anytime, all the time became habitual for me & I knew it had to stop. Guess what I replaced the wine with - green tea, of all things!! I make a quart or two every morning, mix in some spicy chai tea & just sip away all day, hot or cold

Wags, good to take a breather - you certainly deserve one!

Pav, glad your pup is healing. I hate those stupid cones but what can you do?

Hello to everyone & wishing for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi,

Speed through check in. Hope all is well...

Pav

Comment

Checking in. Major stress here, job related. Big dollar items came in wrong. For the record, I almost choked 4 people yesterday. And I can't catch up! So much pressure. I thought of drinking last night. "just one" mentality. I know it wouldn't be just one, and I know it wouldn't help me. I know why I drank so much earlier in my career - this stuff is really stressful at times. Huge liability and responsibility and wearing so many hats.

But drinking is not a solution - working out a solution is a solution. So that's what I'm going to do.

I hope everyone is keeping their chins up - sorry for the rant.
                              Last edited by KENSHO; May 1, 2018, 01:08 PM.
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Happy Toozday.
                                My computer started acting up this morning at 9 and we finally got it fixed at 4, OMG! I lost a whole day, dang it.
                                Hope everyone is hanging tough!
                                Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X