Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

I have to stop Now so I can blow the machine .

Damn it. I thought I had this under control

Rose

Comment

I'm always safe because I don't go nowhere. It's not anybody's fault. Uber will deliver anything.

Rose

Comment

Glad to hear you are safe at home at least. Take it easy. When i lost inner direction in my life, that's when i turned to booze.
        Last edited by Guitarista; May 19, 2018, 07:15 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning nesters

well i did enjoy the wedding for the 19000 hours it was on and on every single channel. Just as the bride was about to get out of the car my daughter skyped me so it was touch and on on whether i answered or not. she did win!

Pav, i just got my oven fixed on Friday as it had broken too. i think it has all come in threes so hopefully by wednesday i will be warm again.

Pauly, i think all we have to do is get through the day as best we can and do what we can to not drink. i used to shower a lot and eat a lot and come on here a lot. as you know the GSR's do our head in more than the feck its. Each time we dont give in is a step forward in the right direction. Sending you hugs on your brothers anniversary.

Kensho my ex hubs was as useless as tits on a bull and still is. i just learnt to do everything myself and i now wish i hadnt, i wish i had left way before i did. I dont know why men think they are so special. Get a cleaner in and one who buys milk on the way.

Good to see you sounding so good STeady. Everyone i have spoken to said they drank through menopause :welldone: not an option but there are lives on the line! I will get there!

How was your cable car ride G? you sound like you are having a ball.

Tribal, maybe you should stay home today. what made you decide to drink?

Well i am off to see my eldest daughter for lunch which will be lovely. Nothing else really planned.

take care x
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good Nesters,

The whacky weather continues, rain, wind, chilly temps, ridiculous!

Rose, I hope you are OK & have stopped drinking. Whatever it is you're drinking at is not going to change. You have to do the changing, understand? Please don't continue to hurt yourself. We all want to see you happy & healthy so please take care of yourself :hug:

G, I hope you are getting some awesome pictures for us!

Ava, I turned the TV on just in time to see the carriage ride after the royal wedding - that was enough for me, ha ha!

Wishing an extremely safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Nesters!
              Im at the National Restaurant Association show in Chicago. It is massive. Took me 30 minutes to walk over to the convention center. This morning it was raining so we took a cab and the traffic was so bad we got out and walked. On my feet for 8 hours today, I dont know how people do it. Everything on my body hurts. I had to go saok. I dont know how Im going to do it again tomorrow. In an odd twiat of fate, our booth is located in the bar area of the show! UGG! Everyone walking around with every kind of AL you can imagine. It was hard to find a bottle of water! Glad I dont drink, as beat as I am, AL would only make everything worse.
              Pauly, Im really proud of you for pushing those thoughts out. It works for me.
              Mr. G, be careful of all the wiley women! Sounds like you are having a blast!
              Hugs to all, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hiya Nest.

G, sounds great on your end. Glad you didn't buy those tickets. I'm proud of you!

Byrdie - a soak sounds nice! You may need a massage when you get back. Sounds like a plan to me.

Rose - sorry you drank. Please stick around and try again. You can do this. Just pick yourself up, remind yourself why you don't want to be a drinker and start again.

Lav, you definitely win for weirdest weather.

Right, the husband has a problem with control and OCD in the house. I emailed him that I was very disappointed in his behavior and words. He apologized. First day in awhile that I cried. Felt awful at everything. Thank you all for your support, and encouragement with having my career and family. PAV, you are right about the mental load... it's so taxing keeping it all in my head. Milk is about f'ing last thing on my mind (and worth about $3?), second to what we will eat for the next few days, what time to get who when, and about a thousand other details regarding my clients. I feel I swim in details and responsibilities - like many here. It's so tiring. The last thing I need is more stress about stupid stuff about our house.

Anyway, I actually got about 4 hours to myself today, and loved every minute. I also got some more Dr. results. It appears my adrenals are whacked (no surprise there) and I tested positive for dairy & soy sensitivities. The MRT comes back in two weeks with more credible and full-spectrum results. I'm so happy to be getting some answers I can make some changes with and hopefully feel much better! I miss my energy! Time to heal. In more ways than one.

I appreciate you all.
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, Nesters. I haven’t been on in a while. I’m just dropping in quickly to say hi and that I hope you’re all doing well. I’m now 60+ days sober, have lost 25 pounds, and don’t get depressed anymore! SO grateful I set down the bottle.

Comment

Dang ! Impressive.

Please share how you did this.

Your friend, Rose

Comment

Rose, so sorry you "fell off the horse". The best thing to do is get right back on!
                      💙
                      Go as far as you can see.
                      When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Good Sunday afternoon, Nesters..

Kensho, I/we appreciate you, too.. very much! I'm happy to hear you're getting the results of your tests and will be able to make some changes with regards to nutrition/allergies. Sounds wonderful, 4 hours of alone time! Maybe you can schedule those in more often..:happy2:

Rose, I hope you will choose today to get yourself back on track.. you don't have to go back to the madness of drinking. Do you have some support in your offline life? If MWO is your main source of support, I wonder if you could make the commitment to spend some more time here.. reading and posting, really getting to know some of us? For myself, I'm at my best in my sobriety when I'm part of this active community.. sharing my problems, receiving advice, reaching out to others.. Sometimes I'm at the end of my rope and I come here and get it all out.. and by the time I'm finished typing, I already feel some relief. And then I usually get responses from others, who have been where I am.. or at least understand what I'm going through.. and this means SO much. There are people here with years of experience and wisdom to share.. but it's your (our) responsibility to take the first step in asking for help.. and then in learning how to be honest with ourselves. You CAN do this..:hug:

Ava, glad you got the oven fixed! I really hope the heating will be fixed soon as well.. what a nightmare! You asked about Andre the other day and unfortunately I haven't seen him for awhile.. He's still living in the place he moved into last year and seems to be doing fairly well.. though he hasn't shown up for 3 of our planned outings (I think he's been drinking when we make them and then forgets). He was just stopping by and ringing my doorbell occasionally, usually when I had a ton on my plate, so I told him that he needs to call and give me a heads up first when he wants to stop by.. I don't know. There's definitely a lot going on there and he doesn't seem like the sort of person who can hold a job or keep commitments.. AND he doesn't think drinking is "the" problem. He somehow thinks he can still drink sometimes.. It's sad. At least he's off the street.. and he's getting social welfare. Thanks for asking..

Dinah, you're sounding great.. loving life at 60 days! Regaining your health.. I'm very happy for you.
                        Byrdie! Thank god you don't drink.. sending you strength today and well wishes for a nice soak when it's all over. Hope you took a gallon of water! Though I guess it's inconvenient to have to pee the whole time!

Steady, I hear you with the weight training. I love it! Everything in my life is better when I feel physically fit and strong. My back pain goes away, I feel more confident, I get the rush of endorphins, I can eat more food because I burn more calories, I can sprint for the tram if need be... I wish I'd discovered this as a young woman, but now is better than never. I'll have to see how it goes, but I have a little dream of studying to become a personal trainer next year.. I don't know how it is where you are, but here there's a huge, empty gap when it comes to women in their late 40's and upwards. There are barely any of us in the gym and I haven't seen any as trainers. Let's see.. :happy2:

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.. My daughters just got back from a trip to Italy with their dad. They were in Tuscany on the farm of a friend (where they often were as young girls and so had fond memories).. with no technology, so they had a lot of time to spend together! My 16.5 year old said, "yeah, after painting, reading, climbing trees, playing with the animals, practicing clarinet, baking cookies and working in the garden, we played a million card games.. we didn't even fight until the 7th day..". Ha! A bit hard core for this day in age, but I'm happy they had the time together.. as the kids get older and busy with their own lives, they drift apart and away, which we all know and which must be.. Anyway, today everyone is doing their own thing!:happy2:
                        Hugs to all of you lovely birds.. xx

Comment

I can't get past the interlock so will spend the day home.

Rose

Comment

Hi Rose. Maybe an opportunity to hatch a sobriety path for yourself? Some you tube videos, blogs on turning our life around can be helpful for some of us. Take care of yourself mi amiga.

All good this sunday morning. I survived a night on the tiles dancing Samba to a cool live band. I demolished one, i say 1 can of coke and some water. I'll try post some pics now. LC. Personal trainer? Oh yeah! Do it!

Get some self lovin in today y'all.
                            Last edited by Guitarista; May 20, 2018, 08:53 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Ok, here are some pics from yesterday in Rio. Testing 1, 2.

IMG_0610 (1).jpg

Sugarloaf mountain Rio from the cable car that gets you there.
                              Last edited by Guitarista; May 20, 2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Guitarista; May 20, 2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X