Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning, Mama! Did you get spoiled yesterday?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!!!!

Thank you for that One too Many......That is so important. Thank you!

Ok - folks - got to get ready for work. I sure did enjoy my 2 days off.

Fennel - I'll have an egg bagel please.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

Looks like for the most part, you all had a great "Mother's Day" :h
        I on the other hand I did not... my family bent over backwards to make it a great day.
        My little girl gave me a coffee mug with her own art -work on the front of it (a project done at school).
        The rest of my family tried to get me to spend the day at the river, "Knee Boarding''.
        I decided to stay curled up on the couch in deep depression and of course my other best friend, "Self-Pity".
        I am on a anti-drepressant... so I'm a little confusued why I was feeling so good for awhile and then woke up in such a dark place.
        I thought at first... I would keep this too myself but then again, I think this is part of the AF journey.
        Who knows... what I learn during this time just might help someone else later down the road.
        Thanks mamabear for staying up (so late) and talking with me and thank-you all for your post you make here... letting us all know we are not alone on our journey's :h
        Wishing you all the BEST!

runningwind
        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestlings!

Whoohoooo... NO S**w! Sunshine but frigid.
          Running late (what else is new?) - so off to wishing everyone a happy AF Monday!

Oney Daaahling - good to see you pop your little head in here! And you are right and wise, as always :l

Lav.. what wonderfabby news! Yay! I'm glad to see you're expanding on your exercise routine! :H

Hippetyhop... I would be absolutely MORTIFIED to see myself in 'that state' again - but, you're right, for a while there, that's who I thought I was and needed to be to qualify as a 'fun' person. Not so. Now, that 'mocktail' of yours... dunno bout that one!

Tranqalapeno, did you try it???? And live to tell the tale?

Welcome newbies - make use of the seat belts and butt velcro.. Mazzie will show you where we stash them

And hello to Mama, Nora, Fennel, Katie, Molly, and everyone I've missed or who's even LATER than myself today!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;853068 wrote: Morning all!!!!

Thank you for that One too Many......That is so important. Thank you!

Ok - folks - got to get ready for work. I sure did enjoy my 2 days off.

Fennel - I'll have an egg bagel please.
            One diet coke and egg bagel, coming right up!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry, x-post, running!
              :l So sorry to hear you were stuck in a hole yesterday... does the world look a little brighter today?????
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fennel...if you call 4 hours of yardwork nice, then YES...I had a great day
                Runningwind..you know we are here for you and I am proud of you for posting and remember...I am a phone call away!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

@runningwind- depression is a nasty beast to deal with. It can take a while to come up with the right combination/dose of meds to tame it. I hope you feel better soon. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Runningwind - I'm so sorry. HUGS to you. Depression is an awful thing with no rhyme or reason. :l Talk to your Dr if it persists.....dosage might need to be changed. It could be your hormones also. I know that when I started peri-menopause, I went all over the place at times.
                    We're all here for you.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut...you may check in for morning roll-call now! (Glancing at wrist-watch)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in - just had to wade through 900,000 posts chalked up during the weekend. Make mine blackened this morning, please Fennel.

Ta very much!
                        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;853096 wrote: Fennel...if you call 4 hours of yardwork nice, then YES...I had a great day!

Seriously, Mother's day has devolved a lot in the last few years! Yesterday, I walked out of my house to find my neighbor pushing her "push" lawn mower! I said "Tell me this is not
                          how you are spending your Mother's day!" :H She gave me some lame-o excuse and said her hubs had made her brunch earlier, but really...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;853104 wrote: Checking in - just had to wade through 900,000 posts chalked up during the weekend. Make mine blackened this morning, please Fennel.

Ta very much!
                            What blackened? Coffee? Toast? Bagel? Krill? Glad to see you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all and hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! Took my teenage daughter on a dirt road to give her her first driving lesson. She LOVED it so we had a blast. Also took her to play tennis so a real great Mother's Day sober with my girl.
                              Hope everyone has a great day, sorry you had a rough day Running, I hope you feel a bit better today. Big hug your way.
                              AF since April 19, 2010
                              NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                              -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;853109 wrote: What blackened? Coffee? Toast? Bagel? Krill? Glad to see you!
                                My usual breakfast - krill.

Perhaps we can jazz up the names of my faves to be more Denny-esq. Krilly Skilly? Krill Kill? Krillette du Fromage? Krilly Dog? Or my true love, the Krill Shake. **

(**Reminds me of the Bass-o-matic.)
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X