Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters

Happy 2nd sober birthday Wags, its has been lovely to watch you grow and take on the challenges that you have had in the past two years and not drink through any of them. Yes its a hard journey getting and staying sober but so worthwhile. I hope you have the best day today. much love xxx

Must have been one hell of a storm Lav. I did have a chuckle when you posted "Everything is a big muddy mess out there & my husband hurt his back yesterday so tree removal will have to wait. They're both in the back yard & not in anyone's way." I just thought of your hubs and the trees in the backyard ha ha and not in anyones way! I hope nothing was ruined in the house especially the new carpet!

Kensho your story about your husband bought back memories. I did a bar course many years ago (not a great idea) and back in those days whatever you made you drank and i had to ride home, not sure how many times i fell off my pushbike. i shudder when i think back about that one and i had two small kids. what was i thinking, not much obviously.

Wags, i am glad i am not the only one with a short fuse, maybe its menopause or maybe we just dont feel the need to tolerate fools now we dont drink and we dont live through guilt trying to please everyone. i asked for the PA to order some security keys about oh February of this year and still not done and after too many emails to count it was decided to get a swip access to the department. i just thought if it takes 6 months to not get keys how long will it take to get swipe access. i could do it myself but its her job and since i cant tolerate the woman i dont feel a great need to take on her work also. At least i am not seeing red now i am on ad's! Oh when your president comes on tv here i just mute, its a scary world out there at present.

Not much to report here, SO woke at 4ish and woke me so an early start to a long day. it is so nice and quiet at this time in the morning and i can get so much done before it gets busy. Hump day here already and going to visit mum on the weekend as she has bought a house a couple of hours away.

take care x
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I hate to say it but this weather pattern will be around for quite a while yet. More storms today but nothing damaged.

CONGRATS to you Wags on your 2 years AF :welldone: :yay:
      It's such a feeling of accomplishment to do the right thing for ourselves. You sound wonderful, keep that gratitude going forever!

I'm just going to say hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for everyone. (Our power keeps flicking off & on, groan)

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cangrats on 2 years, Wags! I am so proud of you! :two: this is big!
        Had a wonderful time at the wedding. I survived the champaign toast. No issues with drinking at all.
        So glad to be home. Getting ready for another trade ahow next week in Washington DC. UGG, Im tired!
        Hope everyone is hnging in. Fake it til you make it. Hugs to all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hey Wags. Nothing but admiration and respect for you at your 2 year achievement. Great Job!!!!!

Comment

How are you doing, [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION]?!

I just found a shocking article in the newspaper today, saying that a huge increase in liver-disease deaths is fueled by youth drinking:

“Young people seem to be drinking themselves to death at a higher rate than ever before. For adults ages 25-34, the increase in deaths in those years has been driven entirely by alcohol-related liver disease.”

-liver disease deaths rose 65% (in U.S.) between 1999 to 2016.
            -deaths of young adults due to liver failure rose by an average of 10.5% per year from 2009-2016
            -deaths from cirrhosis rose from ~20,500 in 1999 to ~34,000 in 2016
            -from 2000-2016, deaths from liver cancer in adults 25+ rose 43%

Wow! I had no idea increases like that were going on. And to think I’m one of the people busy frying my liver. (And I’m not even young!)
            This puts things into perspective for me about the stupidity of our alcohol-centric society, and hopefully will make it easier for me to say, “No! How dumb is that?” instead of “Waah, why does everybody else get to have fun drinking and I don’t get to!”
            Last edited by Slo; July 24, 2018, 09:16 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Congratulations Wags! Fantastic.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi, All--

Came back in time to celebrate with you, WAGS!! Whoot, and congratulations. Thanks so much for your thoughtful, supportive and interesting posts, and for supporting us all here in the nest. Maybe for our 10 year celebration we can meet at a hut in the mountains!

Lav - Dang, sorry about your storms. Hope it all gets cleaned up and you remain safe.

Kensho - Bike and Brew?? Sounds so ridiculous. Like it should be a Saturday Night Live skit. Around where I live you can get a DUI on a bike. That must have worried you in addition to making you angry. Who wants to deal with that??

Hi, all. Just in from a LONG drive and I'm hitting the hay. I'll check in longer later...

Pav

Comment

Congratulations Waggles! Way to be a leader and take charge of your life.

LAV, you are wild-weather centered. What's going on up there?

Byrdie, I can't wait to hear when you are able to slow down a bit. I get tired just hearing about your trade shows! Glad you sailed through your toasting without being toasted. HA!

I'm up working as we leave Friday for a week of camping. But I'll try not to do too much. An hour, then it will have to wait. My health is more important than wallpaper. I have been having thoughts though. Coincidence that I've not been here as much? Maybe. A friend gave me some advice about various things, including my husband and adrenal fatigue, and she said I should "find ways to blow off steam, lower the cortisol". I immediately thought about alcohol being an answer. I know it is NOT an answer and it scared me that I thought that. It's been a really long time since I thought of alcohol as anything I would even consider. So that was not good. I found some old journal entries and I sounded so desperate. Not something I want to go back to!

AVA, the current state of the world is definitely feeling stressful. I try to find the positive in each and everything I can see it in and appreciate the hell out of it!
                  Last edited by KENSHO; July 24, 2018, 11:28 PM.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Congrats Wags on 2 years. That is an awesome accomplishment! Hope everyone is doing well. I am still sober and hanging in there. Just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Comment

Morning check in! I DID only work until 11:15. 7 hours of sleep is much better than 4! One of the benefits of being sober is an ability to have better boundaries. I have had to keep demanding clients in check more than once this week. My way of doing this is to be polite, but state what I can and can't do, and what I require in order to do their work in a quality manner. I definitely give my all, and I can't cater to every one of their desires - or I forget about me.

Hi RAVA!

Have a great day everyone!
                      Last edited by KENSHO; July 25, 2018, 09:10 AM.
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

day 5??

Comment

Originally posted by dopey View Post
                          day 5??
                          Hi, Dopey. Congratulations on however many AF days you have! The main thing is to be grateful for each and every one of them and not let them go.
                          Welcome to the Newbies Nest! NS

Comment

Good sober morning check in!

Wags-I hope it was a GREAT birthday yesterday! Congrats

Welcome Dopey
                            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Good evening Nesters, happy Hump day too!

Yep, we are still stuck in the awful wet weather pattern. Just a few more days they say...….I sure hope that's all.
                              The day before yesterday one of our farmer friends said they measured 9 1/2" of rain so far. I don't know what the total is now, certainly well over a foot. There are areas now far from here that are absolutely under water, sad.

Byrdie, glad you enjoyed the wedding. Sorry you have another trade show so soon. Is this the season for them or something?

Slo, there's also an increase in live & pancreatic cancer in young adults that's not necessarily related to AL abuse. Frightening, don't you think? I hope we all remember how grateful we are & continue to abstain. I sure don't ever want to have to go thru another day 1

Hi Nora, Hypernova & Rava!

Pav, my poor chickens are running around in a seriously muddy fenced yard. The mad is halfway up their legs, ha ha!

Kensho, good job putting yourself in the #1 spot. That's what we all have to do to keep the peace & prevent the possibility of relapse. We've worked too long & too hard to be distracted now, right?

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening, nesters.
                                Welcome abord, Dopey! 5 days is awesome! Be sure to check out the tool box, link in my signature line. Its full of helpful tips and coping skills to help you. We’re so glad you found us.
                                Lav, we do about 5 trade shows a year and it happened that most of them were on the eastern side of the US. I’ll be gone from Wednesday til Sunday. UGG!
                                Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X