Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

I am having a wonderful Sunday. Church went well and I know that I should be going to church more so going to be praying for a way to get to church more. I know if I get more involved in church that it will kill the demons and help me not drink.
    Last edited by DriftyAlison0; July 29, 2018, 02:53 PM.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Morning nesters

Congrats TJ on your 5 years. Oh your story sounds so familiar. i am not sure if i still got hangovers or my body just generally felt like death each morning. Thank you for you great post.

Hi Drifty, all we can do is get through each day and be grateful for that. As you know it gets easier as time goes by. You can do this, keep checking in.

How is your job Nar, enjoying it i hope?

Wags and LC what i would do for a nice warm day, i just get sick of wearing layers and layers and layers.

Well i went to the dentist finally and had the happy gas which relieved my anxiety no end. the tooth is still infected into my sinus's so i am feeling pretty miserable as the nerve is exposed and im exhausted being in pain. Hopefully the infection wil be gone by Friday and i will have it taken out. suprisingly after not going to the dentist for years and years i only need two fillings. The dentists from years ago have a lot to answer for i say. i still remember the dentist putting his arm on my head trying to pull a tooth and telling me i looked good without freckles. No wonder i am dental phobic but as far as experiences go this dentist was ok. Mum told me on the weekend she still has that tooth, great i thought!

Hang in there Rava, each sober day is a good one.

back to the salt mines for me, woke up at 4.12am, so glad i have a job i can start early and finish early.

take care x
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Yesterday I drove up and helped my daughter & her husband unpack boxes for moving day into their new home 1 & 3/4 hours away. It was a nice day being busy and working together with his family too and some of their friends. Sometimes I prefer that kind of socializing instead of just sitting around and talking. Of course lots of beer (& pizza!) is always around for a move, but it didn’t bother me much. It was the men drinking most of it, and I sure would’ve stood out as a continuously drinking woman. I wish alcohol was reserved for just parties & holidays, but it’s omnipresent.

I’m still so, so tired & lethargic, and still needing to rely very heavily on ice cream & chocolate.
        But, as [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION] says, it took a long time to get into this mess and it will take time to get out of it. [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION], that infected tooth sounds miserable! Glad there’s a probable end in sight.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I don’t envy you your 10-day pop-up event with heavy drinkers. 10 days is a long time! I wish your minimal-drinking friend would be there with you again. At least the memory of having had her with you at past ones can hopefully bolster you a bit. But, you did it before, you can do it again!
        Last edited by Slo; July 29, 2018, 08:00 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Has a fairly productive day, no rain, life is good ha ha!!!!

TJAF, a big CONGRATS to you on your 5 years AF :welldone:
          Life really is so much better without the monkey on our backs. Keep going, you’ve got this

I am happy to report there were no snake sightings today, :yay:
          My heart can only take so many of those, lol.
          Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Nesters,

TJAF, Congratulations on 5 years of freedom.. I always love it when you stop by the nest with stories and words of wisdom. I hope you'll have a nice day celebrating!

Ava, I also have a huge dentist phobia..Usually cancel at least a couple of appt.s until I finally make it in. I think many people do, especially with such tooth pulling experiences. I hope you'll be feeling better soon. And when will your weather begin to warm up again? I can never quite believe that it gets so cold there.. Even though we're suffering a bit from the heat, I'm fully enjoying it, knowing it will be over soon.

Slo, thank you for you support. I am having anxiety about the upcoming trip. Because of the amount of work it will be, as well as the drinking.. and because it will be very cold.. but I'm just taking each day as it comes, trying not to worry about what's ahead of me. I have a good, solid plan in place and I don't drink! So I'm sure everything will be fine. It's just the pre-anxiety which I know is useless anyway, so I'm minimizing it! I also prefer "working" socializing events as opposed to just sitting around talking.. though I guess that depends on the company.. and you're right, you would have stood out in that situation!:happy2: Here's to another AF day!

Lav, the snake in the cage would have freaked me out, too! Were the chickens afraid?

Drifty, it's great to have you back in the Nest! Get in here every day to post, let us know how you are.. You know we care about you and understand.:hug:

So after another terrible night's sleep, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.. I drank a nasty coffee at the Neighbor's and watched some silly morning tv show, then wrote in my journal and came here to see how you're all doing. I changed my plan for the day (with a mile long to-do list) to: doing the best job I can at work, eating as healthily/mindfully as I can, getting some sort of little exercise in.. as usual, my only real priority is not to drink alcohol.. everything else can be postponed until Thursday afternoon if need be.. even Friday morning would still work.:happy2: And I'm already feeling better, just knowing that I'm so fortunate to be in that situation. Whenever I begin to feel very overwhelmed or panicked, I go back to the basics.. what is really important?

Ok lovely people, I hope everyone has a good Un-hung Monday. Big hugs!xx
            Last edited by lifechange; July 30, 2018, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post

TJAF, Congratulations on 5 years of freedom..

What a great way of framing this LC - 5 years (or how ever many days each of us has) of FREEDOM. Love that!
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good sober morning! I made it through my first month and am so thankful.

TJAF, thanks for sharing.

Wags-IT is hot here too! We also don't have AC up in these woods. BUT! We do live on a beautiful lake so I just run out and take a quick dip every night to cool off.

LAV-I would have just died seeing that snake.

Everyone, have a great day!
                The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Way to go, [MENTION=19794]TJAF[/MENTION]! If statisitics matter, 5 years is an important milestone in terms of the strength of your sobriety. Given what you've gone through over the past 5 years, I'd say yours is pretty solid! Good to see you, NS

Comment

Good Monday evening Nesters,

I had a pretty good no snake day, ha ha!!!
                    I even went to the dentist Ava but just for a cleaning today. I go back in 2 weeks to have some issue fixed that I didn't even know I had, LOL
                    I think finding the right dentist makes all the difference. The one our parents sent us to was a nasty old man who used to scare us then yell at us for crying WTH?

LC, if there was a chicken sitting in that nest box when the snake slithered in I'm sure she would have left it in disgust, ha ha!

I'm not always in the mood to do everything I think I should be doing, that's completely normal. Our #1 priority will always be to remain AF & do whatever it takes, right?

It's been nice having 2 whole days with no rain but that's about to end. This hot & overly wet summer has been a real bummer. I can't ever remember spending so much time inside during summer. Our poor planet is changing, there's no doubt. Massive fires on the west coast & flooding on the east coast, not fun.
                    Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest, hold on everyone

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Day 3 went well. Our cat who was rushed to the vets last night is doing better and he is now at home resting. It will be a couple of weeks before he is 100% but at least I did not lose cat number 3 in a year. Throughout this though not one craving although this evening they are here but I remind myself no and that I have to work tomorrow. I can't afford to come to work hungover. New job so I am on probation and besides I take work seriously and will not drink at worknights but I am still on guard. This weekend my friends will be away so I know I will have less trouble. I will be getting myself a couple of games to keep me occupied this weekend. Church, here, and my new games should keep me sober this weekend. Next weekend, well I will worry about next weekend when it gets here. Taking it ODAAT.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I slept 10 hours last night (!), so feeling much better. Guess I needed it, for detoxing.

It sounds miserable for everyone in unrelenting heat in areas that aren’t usually hot, so with no air conditioning. So grateful for my A/C!

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                        ..with this hot weather I want a "refreshing" drink.. but of course alcohol isn't. It makes me sweaty and stinky and red in the face.
                        This is a good point, that alcohol is actually NOT refreshing in hot weather, and in fact exacerbates the problem! I’ll have to remember this.

Good night to all. (Well, to all in North America anyways)
                        Last edited by Slo; July 30, 2018, 10:47 PM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Just stopping by to congratulate [MENTION=23208]wagmor[/MENTION] on 2 years, and [MENTION=19794]TJAF[/MENTION] on 5! Well done! 14 months here, hard to believe. Life is so much better.

Comment

Good sober morning all! Just checking in the day. I got excited about something last night and it triggered my "let's drink to celebrate!" mode. Fortunately that is not possible because I would have and I know exactly how I would feel today. GSR brothers at their finest!

Looking forward to a great but sleepy day.
                            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Overit, it's a good thing we don't drink, right?

Well, the stupid snake reappeared this morning in the very same place I saw him two days ago
                              Fortunately my husband was nearby...he has no issue handling these creatures, I just can not!!!!
                              Getting ready for another week's worth of rain that we just don't need. I wish I could transfer it to the west coast to put out those raging fires.

Alison, glad you're hanging in there & have a solid plan in place. Congrats on your 3 AF days!

Hi there Mr V & Slo.
                              Where's the rest of the crowd. Hope they check in later.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening, nesters!
                                Getting ready for that trade show tomorrow. Off to Washington, DC. Glad I dont drink! Stay strong neaters, if I can do this, I know you can, too. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X