Good sober morning everyone!

Have a great day!
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Sad day for me, lost two more chickens to the foxes
      We have done everything we can possibly do to protect them but how do you keep a fox from digging under the sturdy fence? It's really disturbing that my husband went outside at 6 am & caught them in the act of tearing my chickens apart.

Other than that, life is good & I am in control of myself & my reactions. Starting each & every day with a grateful heart helps a lot.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest. Keep an eye out for evil things trying to throw you off track.

Lav

PS: Rava, hang in there, mistakes are made & that's how we learn
      Last edited by Lavande; August 2, 2018, 05:22 PM.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I have made those mistakes Rava and its up to you if you want to continue or restart.

Me personally I tried twice last week and times in the past and in the end for me it was best to just start over then to try to hide it or say 8 days without getting drunk but know that your really day 2 of being af. But that is just me.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Lav - I am so sorry about your chickens. I was just showing the picture to hubby yesterday. :sad:
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning nesters. Went out with the hubby and neighbors for Mexican food. They all had margaritas and I am pleased that I ordered my Diet Coke with lime slices. Did not drink or want to drink. So I am feeling good about it after my screw up. [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION], I totally understand what you are saying about really being 2 days AF but in my head I cant start counting again. I need to focus more on the positive of 40+ days already. I use that as a positive way to move forward. I guess its different for everyone. I am keeping my AF ideas out there so i am not tempted to drink today. Moving forward with a good attitude today.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
              Good evening Nesters,

Sad day for me, lost two more chickens to the foxes
              We have done everything we can possibly do to protect them but how do you keep a fox from digging under the sturdy fence?
              We had predators also so when we built ours we dug a ditch first and poured a concrete footing around the fence line. Something can go over, or tear up the fence but they're not going under.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                Good morning nesters. I am reporting that I screwed up last night and caved into 2 glasses of wine. I am not going to spend the day beating myself up over this but I am saying that I do not wish to return to that lifestyle. I am getting right back up again, dusting myself off and back on track right away. I hate that I caved but I also know that I dont want to be that sneaky drunk again. I am not starting at day 1 today but continuing on my sober journey. Starting back at day 1 makes me feel like a failure so I’m concentrating on the 40 + days behind me and moving on. THanks for listening.
                I'm sorry I didn't see this yesterday Rava. But I'm glad last night was successful for you. I like your idea of just moving forward. We sound alike. It's your journey and no one else's, however it may come about.

Comment

Good sober morning everyone. It's so thick with smoke here, for about 2 weeks now, but you can't tell if it's smoke or overcast or dusk.

At least we are safe where I live, for now.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

All good here so far on the extended family vacation! I got out for a bike ride alone. I’m still just tired & sluggish though so could only do so much. Then I went to the hotel pool with the kiddies yesterday evening. The hot tub jets were a healing hydotherapy on this nerve damage I have in my hips radiating from sacrum. (Slept on a couch too long when room was being renovated. Never do that!)

[MENTION=8356]Lavande[/MENTION], so frustrating about your chickens.

[MENTION=20472]Overit-still[/MENTION], how awful that so many including you have to breathe in that smoke-y air.

It’s so nice to be able to come to the local library here and check in with you all!
                    Last edited by Slo; August 3, 2018, 11:03 AM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I hope everyone had a good Friday!
                      No more chicken stealing today & no snake sightings either thank goodness

Slo, glad the family vacation is going well for you.
                      I hear you about the nerve pain radiating down one leg - have got some of that going on myself.

Overit, I only wish we could pour some concrete like that but it's such a large area. We have had chickens for 14 years & never had this problem before. I think it started last fall about two months after our large dog passed away. Somehow the fox population got the word that the coast was clear. I really want to get another large dog, my husband doesn't. Our smaller dog is about the same size as these foxes so she doesn't seem to scare them off.
                      Sorry about the smoky air, it's tough. My brother lives in northern CA & has been dealing with it too, sad.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I lost another cat tonight due to heart issues/clot in his back that left his rear end paralized.

I want to to drink, but I know that drinking will not solve anything. It will not bring Pepper back and it won't bring back the other 2 cats that I have lost this year. If it was not for you all I would have beer with me right now. But with you all I will fight this and will remain sober. I will not drink. Just got to take this one day at a time.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Great work on posting Ali and i feel your pain. i had to put my fur baby to sleep 9 weeks ago and it was awful and so very sad. love your other babies at this time, give them lots of cuddles too. As we know al wont ease the pain permanently, its a quick fix that will leave you feeling worse than now. Sending you hugs and very sorry to hear of you losing your babies this year.

take care x
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good morning nesters. So sorry about your cat Drifty. They are like family and losing one is awful. Hope you can fill your time without lots of drinking thoughts. We use drinking for everything, happiness, pain, celebration, depression and the list goes on and on. I turn it into an excuse for just about anything. Today I am planning on NOT drinking and staying accountable. Posting here is helpful. I am planning my day out to not include time for alcohell. Hope everyone has a good and sober day.

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8356]Lavande[/MENTION], I had sciatica in my right leg several years ago to the point of not being able to walk much and I couldn't sleep for more than a couple hours at a time. The technique that finally worked for me is outlined in this book: 7 Steps to a Pain Free Life - Robin McKenzie
                              It is also available on Amazon or at a bookstore. I still try to do the positions as routine maintenance and definitely if I feel any of that sciatic pain returning.
                              It doesn't sound like you guys are as messed up as I was so you might be able to take care of the problem really quickly!

You were so smart to come here instead of taking the easy way out, [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]. I'm sorry you lost another cat :hug:.

Comment

Good afternoon, nesters.
                                The tradeshow is done. My feet, back and knee are rioting. As soon as room service makes up my room, Im getting a bubble bath and putting on my PJs.
                                There was a cocktail reception at the Air and Space Museum last night, that was pretty cool. My 26 year old. colleague enjoyed the open bar. The hour and a half we stood there she had 4 red wines. Her teeth were getting stained and she got louder and louder. I left at 9:15 and glad I did. I have no idea what time she got in but she looked rough this morning. Gosh, I remember being 26 at company conventions and free booze. I wonder if she will habe AL problems down the line, she may have one already, her tolerance was pretty high. It was like seeing myself 32 years ago. I wish the 58 year old me could have a serious talk with the 26 year old me, I could have saved myself a lot of problems.
                                4:30 wake up tomorrow and heading home. This should be the last tradeshow for a while and Im glad.
                                So happy to be sober! I feel like I have a group of little supporters (next to the salt and pepper shakers on the table) there to help me. Hugs to all. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X