Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Thats my plan. I never drank at the Sweet Corn Festival so I know that I should be ok there. But if I feel unsafe, I will stay home.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Good Monday evening Nesters,

My husband completed the project today that will hopefully keep the foxes from digging under the fence again. I went out to take a look at his handi-work & found yet another 5 ft long black snake inside the chicken house. I love nature but I have absolutely had enough this summer
      We moved to this area 15 years ago primarily to enjoy nature but I am not enjoying this summer, that's for sure. The snakes will not harm the chickens but they will eat eggs. I just can't stand the sight of them, yuck. The solar powered, motion activated animal deterrent device also arrived today & will be put into place. I'm still upset about the poor 6 chickens who were eaten alive. If all this effort doesn't pan out I will probably give up keeping chickens, this is ridiculous.

Now you know how I feel, ha ha!!!

Kensho, glad you are back & had a good trip!

LC, I am profoundly jealous of your ability to sleep like that, LOL

Overit & Wags - I want another large dog. I am working on that prospect, believe me

Alison, staying home from an event shows strength & commitment to your quit. Do whatever you have to do to protect your quit.

Hello to Pav, Rava, Byrdie & anyone I am missing.

Have a safe night in the nest one & all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good evening, all.
        My desk looks like a disaster area. 3 days out of the office, I am so far behind. Of course I had a team call today in the middle of it all, we go around the horn and tell what we are going to sell, I hate it.
        I got 10 hours of sleep last night, it was great.
        Lav, Im so sorry about all your critter challenges.
        Kensho, glad you survived your trip.
        Drifty, hugs dear lady.
        So good to be back home. No issues with drinking during my convention, even tho free booze was flowing everywhere. I remember my first company convention, I was scared to death, drinking was all I knew. Glad those FIRSTS are behind me. It isnt always easy hut it is always worth it.
        Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good afternoon everyone.

I hope your job gets better Byrdie. It really sucks having a job you hate.

Lav, that is so interesting about the foxes and snakes, you rally are out in nature!

It’s hotter than hell here, going up to 37C this week, ugh. It seems like it’s either too hot or too cold here.

Nice to be Un Hung at the start of the week, back to work tomorrow
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I’m home now from the family vacation, and I found out the following as well!:

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
            I learned that no, I would not burst into flames if I didn't drink while others around me were imbibing with out abandon.
            This was big for me because that place has long been intimately tied in with drinking for me, so it was good to finally do it a different way!

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I’m glad that your away work event isn’t involving quite as much drinking this time (because everyone is too tired to drink!)

My vacation away wasn’t as drink-y as it has been in the past either. For one thing, no card games ever got started, so there wasn’t the pull to drink around the table with everyone. (People were off fishing or swimming instead, and more movie-watching.)
            And nobody remembered to bring wine for spaghetti night, so there wasn’t the pull of all the pre-drinking of wine while it was prepped. It didn’t arrive until the food was ready, and then I could just focus on the food.

[MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION], your list is great too! Good job on getting through the tempting spots while camping. I also enjoyed the freedom of not “needing” to get my alcohol fix while on vacation, the way you noticed your husband needing his fix. Yes, and great for the kids to get away from electronics for awhile and just play around in nature.

Thanks everyone, for all of your support and insights!
            Last edited by Slo; August 6, 2018, 09:39 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

You sound awesome SLO! Keep pushing yourself through these tough spots and you’ll get stronger and realize that a lot of your fears are at as bad as you thought!! You are doing it!!

I’m up and at ‘em early today. Getting my exercise in first thing. And coffee... love my coffee. I’ve had vertigo for the last week, so that’s annoying but I’m pretty sure it’s just a virus because my husband was complaining about the same thing a couple weeks ago. If I get up or turn fast, the room soins and I look drunk! I can’t believe I used to feel this voluntarily!!

Meeting extended family this afternoon, and not all that excited for it. They’re step- family that seems to want to be cooler and one-up and image oriented and I just feel like a shower when they leave. Good thing it’s only one day!!

Stay strong everyone!
              Last edited by KENSHO; August 7, 2018, 08:29 AM.
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, All:

Kensho - thanks for that information about Fox as a spirit animal! Love it. I'm ready. You sound great, and I'm glad you had a good camping trip.
                [MENTION=19794]TJAF[/MENTION] - sorry I missed your post. CONGRATULATIONS, and thanks for your pearls of wisdom along the way.

Nar, glad you had fun, too.

Lav, good luck taming the wild.

Overit - I don't know exactly where you are, but those fires are scary! I hope you're out of harms way.

I had a bad attitude yesterday, but I am trying to adjust it today. Work is just work, and I'll eventually get through all I missed while on vacation!

Happy SOBER Tuesday,
                Pav

Comment

Good sober morning everyone. On day 40 here. Woke up with gratitude.

I have been asked to go camping this weekend but the thought makes me nervous. Even though it's just my little cousin, who is not a drinker, I can see myself sneaking my drinks because no one will know (I'm sure he would) and getting plastered because no one would know and then feeling like crap about myself and then it continuing on for several days, because why not I've already blown it, before I have to start all over again......in shame. UGH! I just don't know how to get out of it.

Slo, congrats on your camping trip.

Busy busy day today. Need to get at it.
                  The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Overit, don't go! Be the boss of you. Or tell everyone going that you are not drinking - which shouldn't bother a cousin who doesn't drink? Good for you for recognizing your trigger. Time to make a plan!
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

I got a raise at work today, and I will get another one in Sept. I plan on celebrating AF style.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                        Overit, don't go! Be the boss of you. Or tell everyone going that you are not drinking - which shouldn't bother a cousin who doesn't drink? Good for you for recognizing your trigger. Time to make a plan!
                        Yes, he won't care. It's just that I know I could get away with it. It's my little cousin and he's been begging me to take him before school starts and I had agreed so that's how I don't know how to get out of it. It is a HUGE trigger!
                        Last edited by Overit-still; August 7, 2018, 03:41 PM.
                        The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Morning nesters

Wow Nar 37 degrees, you must be melting, i never thought it got that hot there, even i dont like 37 degree heat.

Over, congrats on 40 days, keep it up. if you think you will drink then dont go. if you do go camping and your cousin doesnt drink then there will be no al unless you take it right? We all need a plan and we all need to make it about us and only you can decide what is best for you. You dont drink remember.

Great work Ali on a pay rise, i am still amazed at what has happened to my life since being sober. none of which would have happened if i had been drinking.

Pav, keep smiling girl. i woke this morning and so didnt want to drag my sorry butt out of bed, its turned cold again but i am here and looking at the multitude of work i have and i have volunteered for me in a month sigh. i can feel a payrise happening.

How are your chickens Lav, still there i hope.

Good to see you checking in LC and Kensho and not drinking in situations that we would have obliterated ourselves.

Well its hump day here and i am feeling totally human again, no complaints and life is good except for the bloody wind that wont stop!

take care x
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

[MENTION=20472]Overit-still[/MENTION], Congratulations on 40 days!! That is worthy to post on the Roll Call!
                            Well, if camping is a HUGE trigger, and you feel very uncertain about it, then I guess you have your answer and you’d better not go. Would he be happy to go somewhere else with you instead, like an amusement park or a water park?

[MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11704]Byrdlady[/MENTION], it’s annoying that getting away means that you’ll be penalized when you return by a backlog of work. Especially in Byrdie’s case, where you were away FOR work!

[MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], it’s great that you can fairly readily dismiss drinking thoughts now, and settle into having fun with your drinking families. So hopeful!

[MENTION=8356]Lavande[/MENTION], you’ve been through a lot with those giant snakes and murderous foxes getting at your chickens.

[MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION], I’m actually not doing very well. I was a Cookie Monster and soda slurper while away, and have gained another 10 lbs. with this last quit. My back pain is worsening, and my somewhat newly replaced knee is painful & swollen today; aggravated by biking and yoga and inflammation.

BUT I am sober, so there is that. So I’m going to work with the wonderful book that [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] recommended here in the Nest for healing back pain, and going to improve my eating habits, now that I have some sober time built up and the worst of withdrawal from alcohol is over.
                            Good luck with your step-family!
                            Last edited by Slo; August 7, 2018, 06:16 PM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Finally, a quiet day with no wildlife issues
                              It is super hot here still & I am hoping for some thunder storm relief.

Overit, Congrats on your 40 AF days, yay!!!!
                              That's your hard work paying off & you need to protect your quit at all costs. I'm sure you can come up with an idea to make your cousin happy that does not involve hanging out in the woods & ruining your perfectly good quit

Slo, get some ice on that knee asap! Retired nurse Lav used to take care of thousands of knee replacement patients
                              Sugar is the biggest inflammatory food we consume next to dairy. I have to stay away from both or I suffer other ailments.
                              You have a great quit going & you want to feel good, right? My mood has started to improve after the slump I've been in the past few weeks. As long as the wildlife stays manageable I'll be OK. How about you?

Ava, stay out of the wind!!!!

Aliso, nic eon the raise(s)!

Hello Pav & Kensho, Narilly & everyone.
                              Have a safe night in the nest one & all!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Work was so stressful I wanted to throw up. I did what I could and then another major project got dumped on me. Due in 2 weeks. I dont know how Im going to do it all. Worked til 7:15, Im beat.
                                Hope everyone has a good evening. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X