Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good morning! ALMOST to a normal schedule here, but we do have one last camping trip. The husband and I leave today and have one night to ourselves before the kids come up tomorrow. I am dreading packing, but it will be really nice once we get up there. It's just a 45 min. drive, so that's good. I am looking forward to a full work week sometime in the future though!

Stay strong everyone. There's nothing worth drinking at - and only happiness to gain with sobriety. I'm off to make coffee!
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

I’m still getting so tired, my sleep is messed up, craving carbs, sugar, & caffeine. So far I’ve only succeeded at trading addictions. But the only way out is through! I look forward to when it might get better.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hang in, Slo. It WILL happen. Takes time, I was a very resistant case but it finally happened for me. One day at a time, its all you can do.
        Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.
        Having lunch with a former customer of mine tomorrow, looking forward to that. We are going to the Thai place here, num, num, num.
        Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Slo,ive been a caffeine and sugar craving freak too lately,well the coffee craving has always been there but the sugar I'm surprised by,I'm not really worried about it right now tho as long as it's food I'm craving and not booze I'm happy with it
          Last edited by paulywogg; August 16, 2018, 06:40 PM.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Sad day losing Aretha Franklin, she was one of my favs. Hopefully she is a peace :hug:

No kids to watch today but I think they are coming back tomorrow afternoon & possibly staying overnight, hoo boy, ha ha!
            We are supposed to have major storms move in tomorrow so we'll be stuck inside, probably with no power.
            Pav, the oldest grandson will be turning 10 in late November & I can see some changes starting in him. He doesn't realize that I've already been thru all this with his Dad, LOL

No wildlife sightings again today - I think this is day 8! Apparently our efforts have paid off so I am happy

Byrdie, glad you didn't choke anyone - really

Kensho, enjoy the weekend!

Slo, I've inserted quite a few decaf products into my life because I can easily go overboard on the caffeine too.
            Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Had a wonderful day at work and then this even we had our family game night. It was nice to chill and best part it was an AF event. The only beer that they had there was root beer that they used for the floats.

Tomorrow is the baseball game. As long as I do not get a bracelet that states that I am over 21 I am fine. I will have my brother with me so no drinking for me.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I put this off as long as I could, and way longer than I should’ve, until I’m further along in the progression of alcoholism, so it’s just going to take awhile I guess. I felt somewhat better by this evening; “never two bad days in a row” as Byrdie says.

Pavati, sorry that you’re in a funk. Changes are happening too as your son leaves for college, and a new school year is starting, which must impact your job. Good luck this weekend as you assess which balls you can drop and which ones have to stay in the air.

Drifty, family game night sounds like fun!

Byrdie, who’d you want to choke, a customer or a co-worker?! At least you have something to look forward to tomorrow to break up the day.
                Last edited by Slo; August 16, 2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Happy Friday Nesters,

Quick check in. Not drinking. Just too much damned thinking (anxiety)!

Peace to all,
                  Steady
                  AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

TGIF in the nest. Hope everyone has a good day. Taking it one day at a time and playing the tape to the end. No drinking for me today.

Comment

Hi, all;

You got this, Slo. It will take a while to feel more even - but it does happen! I felt so good right away I was giddy. They call that the pink cloud effect. When that wears off I was thinking - wait - is this all there is? Life still keeps having its ups and downs AND I'm sober? While quitting drinking helped me in many, many ways, life wasn't suddenly rainbows and unicorns. Go figure. On those super tough days, sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time - or even 15 minutes at a time. Even that funk cleared up, though, and I am back to being an alcohol-free advocate - I love the state I'm in SO MUCH MORE than the state I was in. No drinking for me, and for that I am truly grateful. And thanks for your words - I like the idea of choosing which balls to drop.

Lav, my cousin recently asked me the age my children were when I was suddenly the most stupid person on Earth. Not that they were rude about it, but they certainly don't think my experience counts for anything. Good work fending off the wildlife...

Hi, Pauly. I'm on dessert every day at the moment. Not a good feeling - eventually that feels like a burdensome addiction also. I crave sugar after every meal at this point. I know it is just habit, but I'll have to break that for sure. Glad you're not craving alcohol!

Yum, Thai food. Have fun, Byrdie. Happy camping, Kensho.

LC - hope all is well. Nar, how's the job. Hi to everyone else,

Pav

Comment

You all got this. I got this. I will also not be drinking. In order to get al at the baseball game you need to have a bracelet stating that your over 21. Well I will not be getting the bracelet therefore I can not get alcohol. I done it before on a previous quit on day 2 and did great and I know with enough self discipline I can make it through tonight sober and proud. I do not need to nor want to waste another Saturday being hungover.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I won’t be drinking at Fish Fry tonight either, even though everyone else will be (except 15 y/o daughter) -not even an AF beer!

Pavati, I see what you are saying. It’s not that I love the alcohol-free life so much, but I will grow to like it SO MUCH MORE than the state I was in!

I’m still requiring more sleep...detoxing side effect I guess. I’m doing better though in that I’m not requiring ice cream and Nutty Buddies anymore, and down to binging on cereal & milk or popcorn (well, and cookies) when the carb cravings hit. And I can eat more vegetables now.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], hope you’re getting the rest you need .

[MENTION=20472]Overit-still[/MENTION], hope you’re still over it.

[MENTION=11704]Byrdlady[/MENTION], TGIF!
                          Last edited by Slo; August 17, 2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Yep Pav I want something sweet after I eat lately too,also when having a cup of coffee,bought some Wether's hard candies to suck on at work so hope that helps,had to give up chewing gum cuz it tore out a filling a few weeks ago right on the back of my front tooth got it filled but I don't want to go to the dentist anytime soon again,everyone sounds really good and that makes me happy
                            Last edited by paulywogg; August 17, 2018, 06:14 PM.
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Well ~ the snake(s) returned today, yuck. The second one my husband pulled out of the nest box got angry & nipped his hand. These are non-poisonous snakes but still
                              I think they will continue to hang around until it gets cold, sigh...
                              Hosting my grandsons for an overnight stay then they’re off to the Outer Banks forca week of sun & fun, hopefully. They usually encountet a storm or two when they go there.

Glad to hear everyone is staying busy & keeping AL out of their lives? Who needs it anyway? I can’t imagine going back at this point. I love the lack of anxiety & extra cash in my pocket, not to mention the better blood pressure & all that.

Steady, sorry you are dealing with anxiety right now. Get yourself plugged into some guided meditations.....really helped me thru my bad times.

Pav, our kids never treated us like we were stupid. I think being honest & upfront with them made all the difference. Treat them like the young adults they are becoming - make sense?

Have a safe night in the nest everyone.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I am going to love waking up tomorrow and not waste the day away hungover. I had fun at the baseball game and my team (CR Kernals) beat the Cheifs 7-1. I never bothered with the wristband and its thanks to you all for believing in me. That and my brother. He does not know it but he played a role of keeping me sober tonight (although I would have still not drank but it was easier to not drink with him around).

Comment

Working...
                                X