Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Just popped in to be sure you were evacuated and safe Byrdie. Hope your home remains untouched by this storm.

Regards to everyone else.

Comment

Hey nesters,Kensho fabulous job on your new milestone Slo,awesome job on 50+ days,you are amazing to me Byrdie,your story would make a great Lifetime movie haha,what a zoo glad you got to take a walk down memory lane,waves to all and have a great day!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

WOW to what you are going through Byrdie. It must feel surreal. I think its awesome that you want to meet your family - and driving by the Dr's office? Kudos to you for accepting your new truths and moving through it. Being sober teaches us to move "through", if nothing else. I'm sending strong thoughts to your house for you

Thanks for your thoughts Slo, Lav. I feel much, much stronger this time around. Though I didn't explicitly miss alcohol when my last 275 days ended, I was totally unprepared to handle the stress of my work schedule coupled with traveling internationally with pressuring & pushy family members. They are the types to be annoyed at people who are health nuts. But it feels full circle now, at least a little. They don't have great health - and they are now asking ME about the very health things I "annoy" them with. She wants to tame her inflammation, so she asked about gluten. I sent her a website link with general info on "inflammation diet", but I wanted to tell her that it's usually not as simple as omitting one food - and that as long as she continued to drink wine in the quantities she does, nothing will likely make much difference. They are living in the 60's with their medical beliefs and I don't see them giving up their comforts to ease their pain. At least they are not as critical of me. And I really don't care much. I'm getting over trying to fit in just to protect others' behaviors. I've learned to do what's right for me.

Anyhoo - happy Thursday. The weeks seem to be flying - there will be snow here before I know it!

Ava - spring flowers and showers yet? I love spring.
        Last edited by KENSHO; September 13, 2018, 09:14 AM.
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, All:

Congrats, Kensho! Keep it up.

Slo - you are sounding so strong and ready to make this stick. I remember around 3 months or a little before I started to feel a bit flat as the "pink cloud effect" was done and I was feeling "is this all there is?" and "why me?" It was important to me to remember all of the good things and things I was gaining as a result of not drinking instead of focusing on what (I thought) I was giving up.

Byrdie - your recent live reads like a Soap Opera. I hope you are taking a moment for yourself in all of this - decompressing and giving yourself 10 minutes in the tub or something. Take care and WOW, I can't wait to hear about that lunch.

I keep hitting my snooze bar this week - something I don't usually do. I am arriving "on time" to work instead of early which makes me a bit crazy.

At least it is Thursday! I love to hear all of the success. Hi, everyone.

Pav
          Last edited by Pavati; September 13, 2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Just a quick note to Byrdie and sorry you are having to relocate, and stay safe.:hug:
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Cloudy & damp here with tropic-like humidity, yuck. I can't take my eyes off of the weather channel watching the track of Florence. I'm so happy Byrdie is safely out of the way. I do have some other friends & even a few relatives close to the coast in SC & VA. I hope everyone pays attention & follows evacuation orders. :hug:
              Well at least this humidity motivated me to get out & get my hair trimmed (hate the frizz, ha ha)!

Slo, I did sleep a bit better last night. Exhaustion does that to a person

Kuya, hello, nice to see you!

Hey there Pauly, kensho, Pav & SK

Hang in there everyone, we are a strong bunch & can achieve whatever our hearts desire AF!
              Have a safe night in the nest.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Punk Hair Goes Wild - Crazy New Hair Styles 1.jpg

Love your new look Lav!

Byrdy - safe travels.

Wonderful posts all round. Thanks everyone for just being you.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi, All:

Off for the weekend to take my oldest to college. It is so exciting and sad at the same time. I'm a swirl of emotions. I'll probably be off the grid for a bit, and will catch up when I get back. [MENTION=3200]Belle[/MENTION] if you're lurking out there somewhere, come back! I'm sure we're sharing similar feelings about all of this.

Good news - no drinking for Pav in this college town. College is where my drinking started in earnest - where I realized I have a faulty "off" button. Sigh. It does no good, but sometimes I do wish I could have that time back so I could learn more...

Byrdie - give us an update about the hurricane and your lunch. I'm thinking about you. Kuya - good to see you stop in.

Happy SOBER weekend, all.

Pav

Comment

The site is working well for me now!

Kensho, now I’m curious which relatives put pressure on you to drink when you traveled internationally with them. In-laws? Parents? I like how it came full circle, and they are now looking to you for health advice! And true that the woman won’t get her inflammation under control if she keeps drinking a ton of wine.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I think you’re amazing! You’ve had lots of long sober times.

[MENTION=23208]wagmor[/MENTION], our nephew & his girlfriend will be biking around Italy at I think the same time you are! They are planning to bike to Milan and Florence.

Pav, yes an emotional time to send your first baby off to college, and a change in your family structure. And memories of your own college time when drinking escalated. Do you think it would have made any difference if you could have that time back so you could learn more? I know it wouldn’t have for me; I just didn’t have the insight into alcoholism, or more to the point that it could happen to me. But I hadn’t lost my off-switch yet then; just was able to drink way more than most girls, loved & depended on it more, and had a couple of blackouts.

I’m going out-of -town tomorrow to see relatives for an afternoon gathering. And I get to bring the beer! (A certain regional kind that the host wants.) Grrr, but that’s what happens when you don’t share that you have alcohol problems and no longer drink!

Have a safe night/day in the nest, especially Byrdie.
                    Last edited by Slo; September 14, 2018, 04:43 PM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hola everyone.

Wishing your young one and you all the best going forward Pavi.

Have a safe, sober, magical weekend Slo.

Yo Kuya!

Hope all's ok there Byrdy and anyone affected by the hurricane.

News flash. I'm beginning day 3 of an organic plant based diet. Some fish included for now. I want to banish inflammation and any type of disease that may want to attack my body. Going for 30 days at least. See what happens. No ticket to boozeville here.

Big wave to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Another day of clouds but just a touch of rain. If we see any hurricane related weather at all it won't be until some time next week.
                        I see Byrdie on FB & she is fine, yay!!
                        I went to see the allergist today, naturally she can't tell me what's going on without a lot of testing, etc. So I am set up to get started with that & hopefully have no episodes in the meantime.

Pav, I know how hard it is when that first kid leaves home. I cried the whole 4 1/2 trip across the state when we dropped our daughter off. I hated being the only girl left at home, Lol.
                        I hope your drop off is not too difficult :hug:

G, that could almost be my hair but I don't look good in purple, ha ha!!!
                        I enjoy plant based meals - made some awesome black bean burgers tonight

Slo, sorry you have to bring beer to your family event. Tell them next time you'd rather bring a pot luck dish. I hope your weekend is good!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!
                        We're heading out early to go visit our daughter & granddaughter tomorrow, yay.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

A quick check in. I am back in my hometown for a class reunion and my sister is staying in the room with me so I have not been able to check in! i am in the foothills of NC the rain is expected here later today. The actual reunion is tonight. It should be pouring! My hair!
                          My hubs is in downtown Wimington with our dog. No power of course, but he is safe. Not sure about our house yet, the island is closed while they assess the damage (and to prevent looting). Two sections is I-40 are closed, thats the way I need to go to get home. Not aure when that will be.
                          I will tey to keep you posted, but my family and I are safe.
                          Stress CITY! But at NO time, have I considered AL. Stay strong, all. Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie - glad you and your hubs/pup are all safe, and hope your house makes it through this whole ordeal. I cannot even imagine having to deal with this. You sure have a lot going on at the moment, and I hope you have a fantastic time with all of the visits with half siblings and at your reunion. Fun to hear the description of your house!

G-dude - great job with the new diet. I hope you get lots of benefits from your efforts.

Slo - you're going a fab job and you'll find that the days do indeed start to add up faster and faster. It's fun to think ahead to milestones, but really all you need to do is not drink today. The rest will take care of itself.

Hellos and waves to Lav, Pav, Ava, Pauly, LC, NS, and everyone else stopping by the nest today. This time next week, I'll be in Italy!
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hello nest

7 months AF today ������

Still climbing mountains (law suits, debt collectors, juggling finances) and thank goodness I’m not drinking!

I hope we don’t lose everything we’ve worked so hard for and to be freed from this whole mess someday soon. Then I will be a better nester.

In the meantime, thank for all your support , wisdom and encouragement.
                              Go as far as you can see.
                              When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

CONGRATS on your 7 AF months mywayin :welldone:
                                It's wonderful to hear you are managing 'life' with a clear head & heart. That's how we get this job done!

Byrdie, I heard the rain is approaching your hometown tonight stay safe :hug:
                                Enjoy the reunion & screw the hair ha ha!

Wags, hello to you & your upcoming trip sounds awesome

We spent the day with our daughter & her family. The entire town is involved in a giant yard sale, an annual event. Tons of fun for everyone
                                Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X