Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters. Been using my drive to and from work to listen to the bubble hour. It helps me keep focused and thinking about being sober. Thanks everyone for being here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
      Good morning nesters. Been using my drive to and from work to listen to the bubble hour. It helps me keep focused and thinking about being sober. Thanks everyone for being here.
      To me, the only way out of this mess (without drugs) is to change our thinking, which means changing our brains. It is a type of "brainwashing" but it's a good cleansing!! Getting all sorts of different inputs - listening, reading, writing- results in different changes in the "wiring", making our resolve all the stronger. It's great to hear that you are feeling strong and motivated!

Comment

Hi, All:

Welcome back, Wags! That sounds like such an adventure, and I never doubted your quit - you don't drink. How's your butt after logging those miles on a teeny bike seat! :congratulatory:

Way to go, G. Onward and upward. Glad your cheery self is with us. Here's the butt velcro...

Kensho - sounding good. For me, drinking gave me social confidence that I lacked. I wasn't an objectively shy person, I just lacked ease and confidence, especially with the opposite sex. I'm not sure a drunk Pav was any more attractive (yikes), but I sure FELT better...

LC - Yes, people around me question their alcohol intake, too. Today I am meeting up with a friend who just got day 600 under her belt, and reached out to me when she was ready to quit. I am glad I can be there for her, and I am glad to learn lessons from her that I haven't yet learned.

My food program isn't very restrictive - I just stay away from refined sugar and grains, and simple carbohydrates. It is meant to be easy to follow so that after the program some of it sticks. I find that if I simply eliminate bread and pasta from my diet I can maintain my weight even in my "older" days. I also have to avoid ice cream EVERY day. Right now, I sort of had a free-for-all this summer, so I'm trying to rein it in. That's me - an all or nothing girl. Much easier for me to say no to all of something than to try to regulate it (hmmm, sounds familiar...)

So Happy It's Thursday (S.H.I.T.)

xo
        Pav

Comment

x post - hiya, [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi! I hope everyone is ok with hurricane Michael. It looks really devastating there. I did some really thought-provoking reading yesterday about how we can influence our reality, DNA and environment with our thoughts and focus. Basically, we can create the reality we envision - just have to believe in it and send the vibes out there. We've been told this from time to time - but they have science to back it up now and it's fascinating. Goes back to the origins of all religions. Maybe it's a reason the earth is so angry now - people are unsettled generally. I think I'll start spending some time each day imagining the type of world I know we can be.

Enough of the deep stuff.... I'm going to bike and then continue with some ordering. It's a nice dreary week - which feels cozy and quiet. Love that! Make sure drinking is not a part of the reality you imagine for yourself... Have a good one!
            Last edited by KENSHO; October 11, 2018, 12:08 PM.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hola nesters,

Thanks for the 30 day congrats. the feeling's good here. Still munching on plant food grown organically from the earth. Fascinating stuff indeed friend Kensho. I believe there sure is some power and ripple effect in our intentions.

Hope all are okay there with the hurricane.

Welcome back Wags! Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening, nest.
                Had some wind qnd rain today, the last thing we needed. Lost power for about an hour, so we were lucky. Tomorrow promises to be a beautiful fall day. TFIF!!
                Ive been practicing my presentation today. Heading to Cincinnati Monday. It will be my first meeting with the new boss.
                Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

The rain has been on & off all day with a whopping 85% humidity level (yes, my hair looks like hell). Heavy rain due overnight then the cooler air arrives &I'm ready for that.

Byrdie, wishing you the best on your trip & your presentation Monday. I know you'll rock the house

I've spent the day finalizing things for Saturday's craft fair, still crossing my fingers for a no rain day, just in case.
                  Tomorrow I get to visit the allergist & have the skin patches applied. Hope I'm not itching my brains out all weekend, LOL

Great to see everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Our temps dropped from 80 degrees F to 40 degrees F, (daytime temp). What a sudden change! But I’m ready for cooler weather.

I’ve been listening to the Bubble Hour also. It has been so helpful to hear other women “tell their stories of addiction & recovery”. It helps keep my head in the game.

NS, it has taken me a LONG time to change my thinking from “alcohol is a normal & necessary part of socialization & life” to “OMG, why are we always drinking a toxin?”

I feel like I have finally regained a normal energy level after alcohol withdrawal! It has taken 11-12 weeks to recover to this level of feeling normal instead of sluggish. It is so wonderful to finally get here!
                    Plus I’m 9 months out from knee replacement surgery today, so that’s finally feeling normal too. I fairly skipped down the basement steps multiple times today!

Hope you get nice weather on Saturday for your craft fair, Lav.

Byrdie, good luck to you as you prepare to travel for your presentation to the new boss. Kind of a lot on your plate, but at least enough time to get ready for it.

Goodnight to all!
                    Last edited by Slo; October 11, 2018, 11:07 PM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hello everyone! Way to go on the 30 days G! Oh yeah baby!

No rain here Byrdie and Lav, just snow. We have had the most snow we have ever had in October since we have been keeping record, pretty crazy.

SLO, The Bubble Hour really helped me, I may listen to it again. Yeah, it’s funny how we change from a feeling of needing AL to socialize to being grateful that we don’t drink. Right Pav?

Talk later.
                      Xo
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

morning nesters

Third time, a massive hug for 2 years free of alcohol. I hope you celebrated in style and are very proud of yourself.
                        Congrats G on your 30+ days.

Well i have had a week from hell. My anxiety has been through the roof, had a virus and drinking thoughts all due to the SO being a dick. Firstly i know that drinking AT him will not fix anything so threw that thought out, went to drs regarding the virus and its lifting finally and i have now to deal with my anxiety which i am slowly working on. How do you ease the anxiety, by sorting out the problem, like i did with drinking. i am removing myself from the SO's house and my things, as i have said to him, if he wants me he can make me a priority and act accordingly. Instead of running and going into his box when things get tough that is not the way i am prepared to function. Things have gotten tough due to his actions, not mine and HE goes into his box. FFS. I have realised that i am a people pleaser, was when i was a drunk and still am to a point now but there comes a point when i need to make me a 100% priority like i did when i stopped drinking and focus what i want and need. If he comes for the ride and is prepared to change then i will be there, if not i have done my best and i can only move forward. He asked if i was coming away for the weekend to go to his friends cocktail party on the 26th. I said i may come but i wont be attending the cocktail party, i wont drink but the way i am feeling i wont put myself in any situation with regards to al. I read others relapses and how easy it was to give in to al, so as i did in the beginning i avoided al situations and i will do so now. And slacko that i have been will check in daily.

Sorry for the moan and rant, i thought i had dealt with all stressful situations with regards to my life but obviously not.

So glad you had a great holiday Wags, and proud of you for a big sober one.

take care x
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good morning nesters. We got lots of rain from Michael and lots of flooding. School are opening late this morning. So I will have a leisurely drive to work without all the school buses. The bubble hour is ready to go on my blue tooth. Sorry about your situation [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION]. Hope things get better and so glad you are not going to drink over this. Congrats on 30 days G. Keeping my head in the game and planning on an AF weekend. Hope everyone is well. [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] glad you are 9 months out from surgery and feeling well!

Comment

:hug:Ava:hug:
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, Nest:

Ava--
                              Originally posted by available View Post
                              Sorry for the moan and rant, i thought i had dealt with all stressful situations with regards to my life but obviously not.
                              Ain't that the truth. I though all of my problems would go away with alcohol gone, but they don't. Turns out life is still life. I'm sorry for your problems with SO, but I'm extremely proud of you for sticking up for yourself, and doing what you need to do for yourself.

The Bubble Hour was very important to me that first year, for many reasons. I really felt like I learned a lot, and heard other women functioning through events I was afraid of without alcohol. They are so real. I was captivated by Ellie's relapse - after FIVE years. A sober blogger and outspoken recovery advocate. How in the world did that happen?! I make sure I do what I need to do to avoid that, and really learn from her experience. Ava, that is a good plan to miss that cocktail party and to check in here. I hear you about times when we need to double-down on our sobriety care.

Well, finally Friday. I am making a vow to myself not to work this weekend. We'll see what I need to get through today to make that so. I hope I can do it.

No ticket to Boozeville, just a movie and my jammies on the couch in my future...

Pav

Comment

Ava, I'm so sorry to hear that your SO isn't letting you in to his emotional space. That's a tough one. Every cliché in the book is coming to mind, if it's meant to be....etc etc etc. That's not so helpful, tho, you know all that. I'm with you on making my sobriety #1. These past couple months I have been DRAGGING myself into this nest to post and I'm glad I'm doing that. So much of my life is just beyond my control at the moment. I KNOW that my feelings of lack of control would only be compounded if I introduce AL. I don't want to end my marriage on top of everything else! Plus, I don't want that cycle again. Would I love to escape for a day or two? Why yes, I would, but I will just wait it out until the waters smooth out again. AL never made anything better. I hope that you and The Man will be able to work it out so that both of you are happy. We are pulling for you!

I had planned on finishing 2 quotes today and practicing my presentation, but my boss asked me to put together a synopsis of all the dealings we've had with this potential customer we are meeting on Tuesday so that took all morning. My poor dog will have to be my audience for this presentation over the weekend.

It's only Friday, NOT a ticket to BoozeVille! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X