Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy Friday, Nesters.. TFIF, I say!

Ava, big hugs to you, dear Lady.. I really hope the SO will stop being a PIA (liked your expression better but don't want to overuse it!) and come around to sensibility/understanding your needs. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and paying extra attention. I would love to see you in the Nest more often..:hug:

Slo, how nice to hear that you're feeling so well, that the sluggishness has worn off and that your knee is in good working order! You must be feeling like a new woman!

Pav, I will love to hear on Sunday evening that you've taken the weekend off from work! Enjoy yourself..

Lav, wishing you lots of sales at the craft fair! And sunshine! I hear you with regards to hair from hell when it rains.. I turn into a big frizz head.. though having said that, we desperately need some rain.

Byrdie, safe travels and good luck with your presentation! Loved what you wrote to AVA..

Kensho, I liked your post about the power of thought. I've also been very conscious lately about what I'm letting spend time in my mind, what I'm focussing on/as well as what information (news, film, social media, etc.) I'm letting into my space. I find I'm able to let go much better than I used to be.. Now for creating/imagining some positive future plans/wishes. Do you have any nice plans for the weekend?

Nar, I can't believe how much snow you all have up there this early in the year.. how do your pups feel about that? Do you have to coerce them to go out?

Oh! I went to the cinema with a friend last night to see, "A Star is Born", and loved it! What a surprise.. the acting was great, the singing/music was great, the chemistry, the cast, the portrayal of addiction.. really good.
    Have any of you seen good movies lately?

ok. off to make some dinner. Then I have to do some baking/cooking for open house at the school tomorrow.. Not my favourite event, but at least the weather will be gorgeous!
    Wishing you all a nice weekend..xx
    Last edited by lifechange; October 12, 2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Hola nesters,

Thanks Rav and Ava for the congrat's. Day &**)&%$! and feeling goooood. Slo, great to hear ur feeling better! Skipping down the stairs! I hear ya. Cool bananas.

Ava, good luck with your bloke. For me for relationships in general, meeting each other halfway is the least i can do from my end. Pavi, take the weekend off already!

LC, that movie is a good one. have a relaxing weekend my friend. Byrdy, hope you can fit in some you time and relaxation this weekend. Good luck with the presentation. You'll have no worries whatever happens.

Since i unsubscribed to www.freeticketstoboozeville.com 33 days ago, i never hear from them anymore.

Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

MOrning nesters

Isnt it funny G how those so called friends disappear once they dont have a drinking buddy but there are millions more folk out there that are waiting for you to find them. I like my own company and i figure i have enough people i deal with daily at work to like my own company. Let me say G, relationships take a lot of energy and i suppose now i dont drink i have that energy but even that energy can run low. Better the devil you know............

Today is a beautiful Melbourne day, great drying weather and sunny. It does make for a better mood. I cant wait to see my now 30 year old tomorrow, he will probably be hungover but thats ok and its a nice 2 hour drive, just hope the car makes it!

LC i think i might have to take myeslf to see A star is Born, i loved it before. A big fan of Barbra Streisand and her in Yentl was one of my fav all time movies.

Well better go and finish cleaning the fridge and doing much needed housework, might even get out for a walk later on.

take care xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Went to see the allergist today & she’s decided to wait another month before doing the skin patch testing for allergies. So I wait.
          I am having my grandsons overnight unexpectedly so they will have to get up early tomorrow morning & go to the crsft fair with me. That should be tons of fun for them, Lol

Ava, the grown men in our lives need to learn how to manage their emotional sh*t themselves. It’s not our job to fix their problems. Right?
          Look after yourself & keep yourself centered :hug:

Byrdie, Rubi looks like she’s a good listener, ha ha! I’m sure she wouldn’t mind listening for an extra doggie cookie

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

LAV, well the grandsons can run around at the craft fair and look at the other displays, get some food there. It’ll be ok. Nice of you to watch them so often. Does the doc want to wait until your inflammation is tamped down a little more before allergy testing? I can relate to the frizzy hair too! Some people’s hair goes limp in humidity, but mine turns into a curly, frizzy ball.

AVA, yeah Byrdie expressed well what you are going through with the SO. And G has a good point about meeting each other halfway in a good relationship. Sorry you’ve been hurt and are having to deal with this.

LC, your posts are always so thoughtful & kind. I listened to a radio call-in show about that movie, and everyone raved about it. I guess it has been awhile since Kris Kristofferson & Barbra Streisand acted in ‘A Star is Born”! I can still see the movie poster from that version. I’m watching ‘Sing!’ with my daughter. It’s actually a very cute & funny movie!

Byrdie, the Monday presentation instead of Friday gives you more time, but might make your weekend less relaxing. Hopefully you have it mostly prepped & ready to go. And no more rain!

I spoke too soon as I feel like crap today after a bad night’s sleep, It was so cold! -I forgot to turn the heat back on after the 80 degree days, and it plummeted last night to the low 30s (F). But still, even though I don’t always have energy, I’m glad to have crawled out of the pit of alcohol addiction.
            Last edited by Slo; October 12, 2018, 09:03 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Yentl, lol, I loved that movie, I will have to go to A Star is Born, everyone keeps talking about it. Thanks for the review Life.
              I didn’t realize it had addiction in the story.
              Ava, I agree, you have to take care of yourself first. Relationships suck sometimes, it’s good that you are making your quit a priority. Have a great time with your son.
              I had another interview today and it was exhausting, afterwards I was walking home and had these AL thoughts just coming into my brain. I was just going to go home and have a drink, that’s it! Holy crap, it kinda freaked me out. I quickly pushed those thoughts away.
              Pav, like you said, I too learned a lot from the Bubnle Hour and did not want to relapse like Ella. No way.

I am totally bagged, I think I’m going to stick to my current job and look for a new one later. It’s way too exhausting. I’m too old for this sh_t..

Hey, but life is good. I am sitting here with my dogs and my hubby watching the baseball game. No tickets to boozeville here, hubby is not even drinking.
              G, 33 days, keep it up!
              Hope you figure out your skin rash Lav, what a pain.
              The snow is melting here and next week it’s supp to be nice. Maybe we will get some fall weather after all instead of straight to winter!

Xo
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi, All:

Happy Saturday.

Yes, relationships without alcohol are different. I really didn't lose any friends, but I had many acquaintances who I used to see at parties and I no longer see because I don't go to the parties. Those big parties are just random booze fests anyway. I much prefer smaller gatherings that are more under control. Now.

Nar - sorry about your job! I hope you enjoy your weekend and get some fall weather.
                Slo - Hope you feel better.

I am off to get some errands done, and check in on play times for A Star is Born this evening...

xo
                Pav

Comment

Good afternoon Nesters . Hope everyone is having a good day. I am still here and doing well. Nice to be waking up sober. I have listened to lots of the bubble hour. One of the episodes the woman said she looked at alcohol as an abusive lover and she ended this relationship. That’s another way to look at it. I think of it as my beast, but the truth is I love love love alcohol and it destroys and degrades me. How can I let this happen year after year. Full of shame and secrecy. All this is just like hiding a bad relationship. Just another way to look at this....

Comment

Rava, I agree. I hung in there with a lot of bad relationships but none as destructive as the one I had with AL. I loved it, too. It was a quick way to check out for a while....ha, now that I think about it, it was a way to check out for GOOD!
                    Sounds like we may live near each other. Im in NC.
                    A beautiful day here! Just walked the dog. Glad to be sober! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hiya nesters,

Early sunday morning here, and today i'm running a big communtiy 10k. My race bib is around # 54,000, so gives u an idea how many folks will be around me today. But they won't stay close for long. My organic plant strong veggie regime will be sure to have me farting intermittently throughout the race, hence powering me like flicking the nitrous oxide switch on a car to the front of the pack only to fade back again as i return to my natural easy running rythym.

Rava, i can't say i love alcohol, but i do like its early effects. Of course if i stand back and look at the bigger picture, it doesn't do me any favours anymore. It's great for an hour or 2, but then i begin the slow decent into self pity and regret. 2 useless and draining emotions for me because i've worn them out exploring over the years ending up going in circles and i don't need to return to them. There is nothing in those feelings for me anymore. I have explored, and felt them enough. So i am finding other things to do and feel. I'm replacing them with 2 things. Perspective and gratitude. Perspective on my relationship with booze, and gratitude/remembering what i have and who i am, what i'm capable of. I see no limits for you or me.

Narilly, take good care of yourself you legend!

Lav, is turmeric any good to you? Gr8 inflammation reducer they say.

Big waves to y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Big hellos and congrats to everyone meeting milestones and staying AF during challenging situations! I have been away from the nest and really missed it! Now it has taken me a long time to read through and so I don't know how long I have to post as my girlie is kinda attached to me at the hip!! Sunday here, and so tomorrow she is back at school. Oh my goodness I have enjoyed her being home, but I also need time to myself desperately. I haven't done yoga, meditation, healthy eating, exercise or anything! I did print out some free intention cards I found on the internet. I got her involved with that because she wants to do everything I do. Which got me thinking when I quit nine months ago she said something to me on my last day of drinking that drove home the reality of my situation. She had just turned 5, and I was sitting with my large glass of wine. I undoubtedly was on my 3 or 4th glass. She said, "I can't wait until I grow up so I can be fancy like you with your pretty glass of wine." I remember my buzz literly sunk into my stomach and I felt like $hit. I was cringing and needed to cringe and change. During this school holidays at about 3 pm every day I felt the full-on witching hour. I didn't drink, I didn't want to, but it was a tough moody place to sit with myself. I woke up everyday grateful that I have come a long way and don't suffer hangovers anymore. There is no way I can parent well on hungover. Ah--- I got to go! It was therapeutic to read how everyone is rocking it in the nest. xxx
                        AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Today's craft fair event went well despite the rain - yes, I said rain!!! It was supposed to be dry today, but it was not. I raked in over $250. not bad
                          My oldest grandson decided to stay with me at the fair, the younger guy went home with his dad (my son). Turns out the kid has a pretty good sales pitch & doesn't mind talking to people, ha ha!!

Choices, nice to see you. I'm sure you are anxious to get back to your regular routine, I know the drill

Slo, my grandson spotted two of his teachers at the fair today. He went to say hello to them & brought them over to our table. One of them purchased two of the pillows I was selling, nice. After that I gave him $5 & he walked around until he found something he wanted to buy for himself. It was a great experience & makes me even more grateful for my quit. I think I'll keep this quite going forever.

Hi Nar, G, Pav, Byrdie & everyone.
                          G, you mentioned turmeric - I do use it for cooking sometimes but I'm not so sure if I want to try it as a supplement they way a lot of people do. I've had reactions to certain vegetarian multi-vitamins that had turmeric as an ingredient, hmm.

It's nice & cool here - finally - after the longest, hottest & most humid summer ever!!! So glad it's over.
                          Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, glad your craft fair went well. And it was a fun & educational place for your grandson to be with you, and helping you make sales to boot!

Narilly, why do they have to make job interviews so complicated these days?! I see what you’re saying, that it’s easier to stay at the job you’re at now that you’re used to it rather than go through the b.s. of getting a new job.

AVA, I get what you’re saying now, that the S.O. expects you to just accompany him to all his alcohol-fueled social events, without any regard as to whether it is something you would enjoy, so you feel used. I’m in a marriage where we don’t much care about each another anymore, so I now feel free to skip a lot of that stuff and don’t get dragged along (and yes, I did feel dragged along, like I had little to no say in the plans). For example, I didn’t go to the baseball game today, so didn’t have to sit through a tailgate & a game with everyone drinking. And it’s fair, since he often skips out on extended family events & things like that to stay home and watch sports. But, it’s a much harder situation that you’re in when you’re dating. I still admire how you are standing up for yourself!

Choices, yes, it can be so all-consuming with a child! Glad for you that you can get some structure and self-care time back into your days.

[MENTION=20472]Overit-still[/MENTION], are you having internet or WiFi problems?

Rava, I agree that breaking up with alcohol is hard, like breaking up a relationship, and it involves significant grieving.

Pav, hope you’re getting a relaxing, work-free weekend.

Hello to all!
                            Last edited by Slo; October 13, 2018, 08:56 PM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning nesters, Waking up sober this morning drinking coffee and reading over posts. Hope everyone has a great Sunday ahead with NO alcohol. So far I like taking alcohol off the table. No pity and shame for me today. Not that I’m alway happy and chipper but taking that crap off my plate adds to a better mood. That’s for sure!!!

Comment

Lav,what kind of reaction did you have to turmeric? Just being nosy cuz I take a supp and I am unsure about it
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X