Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

G, it's always good to keep your jeans in good repair, ha ha!
    I am not a dress person either. Wore them when I had to but not since. I think the last dress I wore was to one of my kid's weddings, LOL
    Election day here - it rained hard but didn't keep people away, yay! I hope we see some positive results, we need some, for sure!

Rava, I have an oil diffuser at my bedside, love the thing. Winding down the right way is what we have to do

Slo, living in a rural area means I wear mostly jeans as well. The chickens don't seem to mind.

Pauly, I took the girls to a 50's style diner for lunch yesterday. Instead of handing the kids crayons & a coloring page they give them the cardboard cars that look a lot like a 57 Chevy, ha ha!!!

Pav, delegating at work is not always easy but it may just afford you some time for other things ~ namely yourself

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, was that a Hwy 55 Diner you went to? I love those! I get the kids chicken tenders and a scoop of frozen yogurt for dessert, it’s like $4 with a drink!
      Mr G, glad you got your britches fixed, we wouldn’t want a rerun of Free Willy!
      Work was nuts, didn’t finish up until 6:30. Started at 7 am. Long day.
      Glad Im sober!! Hope everyone has a good evening! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning nesters,Byrdie,you crack me up haha was watching Dr.Phil yesterday and this girl went from being a top model to an alcoholic living in the basement of her dad's dirty house,she had died two separate times from alcohol and they revived her but had to put a pacemaker in her cuz the al and withdraw made her heart beat weird-shes only 31 to go from a beautiful girl to an alkie taking a nap in a flower bed outside the house is really sad,showed her throwing up in a trash bag in her room and got me thinking about how incredibly poisonous the crap really is,hope all are well and wishes for a wonderful Wednesday
        Last edited by paulywogg; November 7, 2018, 08:49 AM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

(Byrdie heh heh).

I think I was stress eating yesterday. A colleague had a jumbo bag of mini candies and I think I had about 8 of them. I really have no restraint which is why no alcohol is so much easier than "one or two." (as if...)

Still dry as a bone out here in CA. Perform rain dances if you're so inclined.

Happy Sober Hump Day.

Pav

Comment

Good morning. Checking in for a quickie. Things are fine. PAV, great description of what yoga does - I'm going to go do mine now. The last 2.5 weeks have had me in a funk - with bing so sick, and then just pondering the meaning of life and my purpose... it's time to get back on a lighter note and service my clients. Existential, quantum things need to be taken in doses - time for a break.

Have a good day everyone!
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

morning nesters

Well i am diligently wearing my new dresses even if it was 4 degrees this morning. i wont let the weather win!

Pav i am trying to stop all the chocolate that goes into my mouth and i restrained for 5 days. on said 6th day i thought i would get a block of chocolate as a reward and have a few pieces when i felt like it, well goodbye block of chocolate. I just cant have that one!

Slo, i dont own a pair of jeans, i have a very long back with no butt so dresses suit me way better, i do have a lot of thick stockings though and tights for winter time.

Pauly, that is so sad and so young. I hope dr phil offered her some help (as he would). I used to love dr phil but we seem to get the same episodes now.

Kensho, funks are just that but we can easily stay in the rut. i am trying not to feel sorry for myself, some days are better than others.

Well i am at work at 5am. The PA that i cant stand said some smart remark yesterday about my hours and i was like "im doing two full time jobs here atm, want to help", of course she didnt but she did tell me that all hospital general neurology enquiries were going to be put through to my phone and i am furious about that. It appears to be too much for the girl who took over my old job and as i said to my boss, if i wanted to do that job then i would have stayed in my old one. I do know i am not going to be walked over anymore.

I hope the elections were what my US friends hoped for.

take care xx
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Friends!

Sorry I've been MIA. Gosh, I just read back and see that I haven't posted since 29.10..
                I had a bit of a depression and have been sooo tired. But I think that's my normal this time of year. Like you said Pav, I begin to get anxious around 3pm and dread the end of the day. It's getting a bit better. I'm trying to implement some new, healthier rituals into my day.. one of which is a morning meditation and a healthy breakfast instead of coffee and the computer. It does make me feel much better but it's the main time I was checking in here. Now it's 8:35 pm and I'm falling asleep sitting up!

Ava, I'm sorry to hear of your breakup.. I know that wasn't an easy decision.:hug:

Hugs and love to all of you.. xx
                Last edited by lifechange; November 7, 2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Hola nesters!

Good to see you LC. Some sort of daily self care practice as a healthy way to live is what the Indian Yogi's and Far eastern buddhists have been on about for thousands of years. Between you and me, I reckon they're onto something. :happy2: Keep raawkin you champion.

I hope work sorts itself out Ava. You seem to be the only one there who gives a damn. Village idiots who should know better need a reorientation session with me in the room full of mirrors. I go through the time honoured basics. 'How not to be a jackass'. 'What am i grateful for?' 'Mindfulness and nutrition'......It's a free service.

I have 3 i say 3 freakin' guitar albums just finished and ready for album covers and pressing. That's somethin else 'round these parts. I note with crystal clear clarity that this wouldn't have happened if i wasn't living sober. Sober living is where the real cool cats are. It's the stuff of revolutions. Inner revolution.

Take care out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We had about half a day of sunshine today, nice & very much appreciated.

Byrdie, that diner we went to was called 'Ruby's. It's a 50's style place with music from the 50's ha ha! The kids love it for some reason.

Pav, I just heard on our local news that we are closing in on 50" of rain so far this year. That's way more than what we need & usually get. Wish I could send you some.

Kensho & LC, I have found that just changing seasons affects my mood. Not like we can avoid that, right? I think we really need to be proactive & make sure we do what we need to do to avoid stressing/damaging ourselves. More exercise, better food, decreasing sugar intake - whatever it takes! Hang in there, we're all in this together :hug:

Ava, stand your ground & don't allow people to walk over you! It's insulting when people do that, no kidding. You work hard, you know it & everyone else should as well

Hi Pauly!

G, congrats on the new albums, very nice! Being AF means we can be our best, for sure

Hello to everyone else & wishing a safe night in the nest for all.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Gads, what a day. One of my project managers is on vacation this week and I wasn’t aware so all those calls about installation have come to me. I sent them all to the guy’s boss. I hate this job.
                      So glad the political commercials are done. Now we plunge headfirst in to the holidays.
                      Lav, we’ve had 90 inches of rain this year, We are over it. Pav, wish we could share with you.
                      Hope everyone has an easy evening! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Kensho & LC, I feel less alone knowing that you have also been feeling low and deeply fatigued. I mean, if coffee hadn’t been invented, I wouldn’t have even been able to get out of bed. But I’m decreasing sugar, getting more sleep, and my lymph nodes are less swollen; so hopefully turning a corner.
                        (Kensho, I tend to overdo the existential quantum thinking too.)

I guess my dislike of dresses started when I was forced to wear them to school every day, as the dress code didn’t allow girls to wear pants. My bare legs would be freezing cold & red outside in our harsh winters, while the boys were fine. So once I left Catholic school for public school in 7th grade, dresses & I parted ways.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], thanks for reminding me about lemon juice in water. I had forgotten about that! Also, can I have your slow cooker turkey breast recipe?

G, so cool about your increased creativity & productivity AF!

Byrdie, I hate your job too.

Goodnight to the nest!
                        Last edited by Slo; November 7, 2018, 08:50 PM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Morning nesters,Slo,it's actually Byrdies slow cooker turkey breast recipe I stole haha,she has a great recipe but along the line I got lazy with the ingredients and just started dumping in potatoes,celery,onions,carrots and dousing it all with turkey gravy from a jar and letting it cook all day while at work,love my crock pot cuz dinner is done easily and those turkey breasts(I use the boneless ones) give a lot of meat for being so tiny! Yep I have my lemon every day,sometimes I feel tired and coffee won't cut it but give me some lemon water and I perk right up today feels like fall here in Vegas,a bit windy and cold(for me) dug out the sweaters and put all the tanks and shorts in a box,waves to all and wishes for a wonderful AF Thursday
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

Congratulations, G! Good luck with the vinyl pressing (or plastic??)
                            LC - we miss you when you don't check in. Hope everything else is ok.
                            Ava - Yes, I'm of the long back no butt category, too. But I still wear pants and skirts - dresses and I don't get along.

Good to see us all finding non alcoholic ways to get through the tougher times.

When I get stressed like I am now I find my thoughts of alcohol to be much more often, and much more through rose-colored glasses. I know that is alcohol lying to me, but I really do have to be vigilant. I need to take time to remember the realities of my relationship with alcohol - which doesn't take much - and I need to remember to actively let those thoughts float by. Romanticizing alcohol is one step toward relapse - the final one actually being drinking. Stay vigilant, ask for help when you need it. This is a tough time for some trying to stay sober. We're here for you.

Happy Thursday!

Pav

Comment

Hi All, it's been a long time since I've been on here, but need some help. Good news, I am not in a dire situation or anything, I just keep disappointing myself and it's really starting to piss me off and cause anxiety. I've actually been trying to ween of AL for good. For the most part I mod well, but I really do want to go AF. I want to do it for my health, for my son, etc. When I do drink, I pretty much stick to light beer. It has the less effects and disappointment. So, I go to an event last night. There is no light beer, only IPA, so like an idiot I get white wine (the sugar in that can make me feel a little off the next day). WTF did I do that? The night went without a hitch, but I am feeling that awful anxiety and a failure. I even told myself, "let's not drink that this thing?" WTF is wrong with me? Some good news, I don't drink when I'm home. My wife will get a bottle of wine or perseco and I'm fine saying no. I'm so terrified that I cannot be in social situations sober anymore. Do I need to lock myself up in my apartment and never leave? I've done the no drinking stints for long periods of time. I don't know why I am finding it so hard now. It's like i'll be fine for a week or two and have one night like this? AM i losing my mind?

-j.

Comment

Stewarts, welcome to the nest. I found myself in the very same position as you. I made rules, and then for one reason or another, totally broke them. I couldn't understand how I kept messing up, in spite of REALLY trying to control it. The answer was obvious to everyone around me, but I sure didn't want to have to give up AL totally, after all, I wasn't THAT bad, right? Wrong. Normal drinkers don't make rules. Normal drinkers moderate without effort. Normal drinkers can take it or leave it. With me, it was a LIFELINE. I just couldn't give it up! Finally, AL tried to take away something I just wasn't ready to give up....my husband. I found a way to quit, I glued myself in this nest and took the advice of others who blazed the trail ahead of me. I had to put my ego aside and admit I needed help. It was hard, but you know what? It is do-able and it is worth it. I remember when you had the long stint of sobriety, I was so proud of you....you were proud of yourself! Why not give us 30 days and see what happens? I can promise you this, I've never seen anyone here who regretted NOT drinking! It's a WIN-WIN! Welcome aboard! Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X