Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

morning nesters

Well some nice weather down under. very pleasant to drive to work without being rugged up.

Slo be grateful you dont wake up with a hangover, i know they were awful but thanfully i now cant remember the pain and agony i used to wake up with daily. I used to chew paracetomal like they were going out of fashion and xanax to ward off the DT's. those are days i never want to see in my life again. Im with you on the tired business. i get home exhausted, go to bed early and cant sleep. i think its the time of year which doesnt help at all and i am so looking forward to some time off during the xmas break.

Nothing to report here and drs have just started to arrive.

take care xx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Chilly here & now's there's talk of a rain-sleet-snow event on Thursday, oh well. I'm juts enjoying the cooler air
      I had another visit with the allergist today & have added a 4th chemical substance to my allergy list ~ swell. How in the world do we get away from chemicals in this day & age? They seem to be lurking everywhere. I'll figure out something & just do the best I can do.

Slo, having some bloodwork done is not a bad idea. I've had tons done lately & know I am not anemic or hypothyroid but I still feel tired during the day. I think it's allergy related, maybe for you as well?

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening, all.
        Great reading here today. We’ve all come a long way since finding MWO.
        Long day, glad I don drink! Hugs to all, Byrdie.
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], I HATED feeling compelled to drink! I must reframe it to be grateful that I no longer have to be.

Pav, you have come to the radical conclusion that nobody should be drinking. Well, it’s a good attitude to have for maintaining sobriety.
          There’s so many differing messages about alcohol out there. Like I stopped to visit my mom & her husband today, and he said that the doctor told him that it’s THIS (showing me his wine glass with his wine in it) that keeps him healthy. He drinks a couple few glasses every single day. And, I suppose in a way it does, as it gives him something to look forward to each day at age 88, with his vision and walking ability both quite impaired. Anyways, I’m glad I’m here to counteract those kinds of messages!

Yes, teens must be so confused when we the adults tell them not to drink, you don’t need to drink to have fun etc. etc. —but then the adults model that everything “fun” that we do HAS to involve alcohol -even events focused on children and teens. Now there’s a mixed message if there ever was one.

Pav, I don’t envy you dealing with illness in aged parents. My MIL just died last year after a 15-year
          slog through dementia.

Anyways, time to rest, goodnight Nest. (It sure is a book [MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION]; an often-spoofed book!)
          Last edited by Slo; November 12, 2018, 10:13 PM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I'm so sorry I've been such a poor nest mate these past several weeks! I really need to get back into having my nest check-in as a regular part of my routine - morning, evening or both. After getting home from Italy, I've been running like crazy to get caught up on work and a break is finally in sight next week.

My heart goes out to any nesters in fire ravaged California. That's my home state, and it saddens me to see you all dealing with such tragic loss, damage, and smoke. I hope you and your extended friends and family are all well and safe. :heartbeat:

Hellos and waves to all. I promise to be more present.
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning nesters,Wags,it is really sad about the California fires,,just devastating,,everyone sounds good have a great AF day all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes, something could be really wrong with me, with this dense fatigue and yellow complexion, and some feelings of being short of breath and a feeling of heaviness around my heart.
                Good idea, [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8356]Lavande[/MENTION], to get bloodwork done. But, it feels too soon after getting off of alcohol and having to reveal my problem.
                I still think it’s hypervitaminosis A, wading through the flat period of alcohol withdrawal during the first year, getting off of sugar and reducing carbs, which I have been fairly successfully doing over the last couple of weeks; and also probably anemia like NS said, for some odd reason that I can’t account for.
                So I will try to self-heal a little while longer as well as I can. Fingers crossed.

[MENTION=8356]Lavande[/MENTION], I have a same-age SIL who has become intolerant to any makeups, soaps, creams, or cleansing wipes around her eyes. So you’re not alone in developing allergic reactions to chemicals later in life.

[MENTION=23208]wagmor[/MENTION], sorry to call you out like that. Didn’t mean that you have to post when you’re super-busy playing catch-up. That comes first. Just glad you’re ok!

Byrdie, whatever happened to an 8-hour workday? Hope your Tuesday is better than your Monday, when you have to handle all the weekend “opportunities”.

[MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION], I never really had hangovers, just fatigue. Which I still have. I think hangovers are more common with wine, and less so with beer. Of course you are exhausted, what with being at work at 5:00am every day! Glad there’s an end-date for that coming up.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I love how you relax, with candles, calming music, & cats. It sounds perfect.

Best wishes to everyone!
                Last edited by Slo; November 13, 2018, 04:57 PM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Ok [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], so now I'm really going to be a buttinksi. This doesn't sound like something to ignore to me:
                  and some feelings of being short of breath and a feeling of heaviness around my heart.
                  Even if you don't choose to tell your doctor you quit drinking, I think you should have this looked into. And if you are hyper-VA, there are drugs that can be administered to speed up the recovery. If that is what is making you feel this bad, maybe that would be something to consider. If you are anemic, and if they can determine the specific form, it often is pretty easy to correct with specific supplements. Anyway, I think part of the self-care we encourage around here includes getting medical help when we may need it. xx, NS

Comment

I noticed your absence [MENTION=21027]wagmore[/MENTION], but I wasn't concerned about you in terms of drinking. We all know you don't drink :hug:. NS

Comment

[MENTION=8356]Lavande[/MENTION], I have several chemical sensitivities. During the 90s they were so strong I had to literally run through the detergent aisle and quickly pick up my fragrance-free detergent. All my personal care products had to be fragrance free. Luckily it isn't that bad anymore but I still can't wear perfume, make-up, or anything like that. I NEVER go in candle shops and for whatever reason, my worst reaction is to moth balls. The symptoms I get from chemicals are so weird y'all would think I'm crazier than I actually am if I listed them but one thing, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], is that that heavy chest feeling you describe is among them. I attribute this to the years of grad school I spent in a lab handling all sorts of volatile chemicals with insufficient ventilation and lax protection. One of those "if I knew then what I know now, I would do it differently" sort of things.

Comment

Hi Nesters,

My condolences to all affected by the fires in California. We are approaching fire season here.

Slo, yellow complexion (jaundice) and fatigue are 2 symptoms of liver problems. You may have alcoholic hepatitis, or have caught Hep B or C somewhere over the years. We don't always show symptoms as carriers until our liver starts to complain. A blood test for hepatitis might also be an idea if not covered already? It sounds urgent.

Big waves to y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Dang it. I lost my post! It was brilliant, too.....ha!
                          SLO, do you know how much it messes with our minds when people change avatars? :haha: Just kidding, of course. It's funny how we get to know each other by our 'faces'.

When I was cleaning out my closets this past weekend, it became evident to me that I just have an obsessive personality. If 1 box is good, 100 is better! What's up with that? I was saving BAGS! BAGS?! Shopping bags! I have 9 pitchers?! I have 4 butter dishes that I never use. I have 32 cake pans. 18 sets of dishes in various numbers of place settings. 3 of them are service for 12. I have tablecloths I never use. I have a drawer full of belts I NEVER WEAR. I'm sick of hearing myself say, 'Well you never know when you'll need ____". By golly, if I ever need a belt, I'll go out and buy one! What's with this hoarding? I'm not like on tv, by any stretch, but it's definitely in my genes. It is agonizing to get rid of stuff, but once I do, I never miss it. That's definitely an area I need to work on. NS has a rule that if an outfit doesn't make her feel fabulous, out it goes! I'm trying to use that myself. Getting rid of clutter is freeing. Getting rid of AL was that way. It was hard, still is sometimes, but it's always worth it.
                          Hope everyone had a good day. Today was better here, I didn't choke anyone. I did send my project manager that video from Lady Gaga on kindness. If you haven't seen it, it's very powerful. He sent me a snippy note this morning, and I sent that back to him and copied my boss. I told him I got raked over the coals all day every day by customers and prospects, I don't think it's too much to ask for a little kindness from my coworkers. I didn't hear anything back from either of them.
                          Another day, another 50 cents! ha! Hugs to all! XOXOXOX. Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

There's a chillin the air, for sure. More weather in the form of a nor'easter on the way for Thursday, swell.

Slo, like you I prefer to try to heal myself before going to see a doctor. Working in healthcare for nearly 30 years taught me that I know myself better than anyone. But I also realize there comes a point where you just need to go. I wouldn't play around with symptoms of chest discomfort or shortness of breath. A simple EKG can rule out a cardiac problem & a few tubes of blood can solve a lot of questions. Mostly you can get relief from the anxiety we build up around these unknown things. Take care of yourself, we really do care :hug:

Byrdie, so you actually left them speechless today??? Ha ha, good for you girl
                            I am also on clean out/throw out binge right now, LOL. Clutter gets on my nerves big time.

Hey there G! Hi there Wags!

My brother lives outside of Sacramento, seems like there is fire to the north & south of him. Such a sad situation, so many people have lost their lives, so many homes gone.
                            I will be keeping them all in my thoughts.
                            Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Yes, I'm in CA and the fires are awful. We're downwind from a big one, and there has been heavy smoke and ash in the air for a long time. However, that is NOTHING compared to the devastation where the actual fires are. In one small town (26,000 residents) something like 98 percent of structures burned down. So sad. There is forecast of rain in 6 or 7 days - MAYBE.

SLO, that avatar switch is messing with me, too! I know you'll find the source of your fatigue. Keep at it, and take care of yourself.

Byrdie - I LOVE that response you gave them. Kill 'em with kindness.

Have to run to work this morning. Happy SOBER Hump Day.

Pav

Comment

Morning nesters,Byrdie,I'm a bit of a pack rat too,I just hate throwing things out cuz I usually DO end up needing it somewhere down to road but I have been getting rid of some stuff lately so I'm making progress Slo,have you seen a doc? It might put your mind at ease if you do,not saying there's anything serious going on with you and it's always good to get a checkup anyways,ugh,tired here and have a headache i honestly feel like its allergies cuz nobody has a cold for this long,plus it's mild and comes and goes but this morning I'm extra sneezy,,boo! Wishing everyone a fantastic day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X