X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good Day Nesters.
    Yay! I’m 2 1/2 weeks free.

I’m nervous. Last year I did fine during the holidays but fell back into old habits after the new year. This year, with the big head start I should do ok.
    Feebee.

Comment

Congratulations on 1 year Kensho!!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Awesome 2-1/2 weeks [MENTION=24301]Feebee[/MENTION]! That's great.. keep going!!

G - 90?!?!? When did you sneak up with that number? Keep it going my friend. Thank you for the kind words.

Thank you also Pauly and Ava - sorry your pup is feeling unwell

WOW NS. That was painful to read my very first post from 2014. Thanks for that trip down memory lane. I do pull it up from time to time to remember how miserable and desperate I was. I couldn't control alcohol - and it was slowly eroding at everything positive in my life. The last paragraph strikes me today... because I DO feel I have a more clear mind and clean body (particularly clean after the stomach flu - he he!). I feel present, and I have taken the opportunity many times to tell my children about my past relationship with alcohol, and the special care they need to take with this substance.

THAT was all I wanted, aside from not being controlled by alcohol… and SO MUCH MORE has come into my life. That, my friends is what I would like to tell you all who are struggling: Good things happen when you quit drinking that you can’t even imagine right now - things that will give you purpose, give you joy in life and a sense of self that is 27-million-billion times better than you have on the merry-go-round of addicted drinking.

It can add up subtly, or a be few wammo things - but there is no denying that life at 1 year without alcohol is infinitely better than when I wrote that first post (and all the poetry through the 7 years prior to that). SO my question to you is: What are you waiting for? If a better life is just on the other side of "through this mess" - walk through it! Crawl through it - do whatever it takes to keep breathing - and you will survive the pain. Lean on your friends and those here who support you and just keep putting one foot in front of the other, no matter how hard it feels. Because the hard never lasts, and one day breathing will be easier and life will be brighter and you will never, ever want to go back to your miserable, numb life. Love to you all :heartbeat:
        Last edited by KENSHO; December 10, 2018, 09:48 PM.
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Kensho, I am SO proud of you. Congratulations on this huge accomplishment, you are now measuring your quit in YEARS instead of days and months!
          I wish you’d put that post in the Tool Box, they are so valuable when a new person is looking for hope.
          This is just amazing, here is your prize! :celebrate: keep up the great work and thank you for your work here in the nest! We love you! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Late here but wanted to say hello

CONGRATS on your 1 year AF Kensho :welldone:
            It’s a tremendous accomplishment & you shoukd be very proud of yourself. You now have a happy & healthy future ahead!

Rava, great job on your AF time, good for you!

G, 90? Very nice & keep moving forward

Nothing special going on here, just trying to stsy warm & get some gift work done. Grateful to be healthy & able, believe me.
            There must be something about the sge of 55. I turned 55 one month sfter my first grandson was born. He just turned 10 last month so I am giving my age away. I had radically reduced my wine habit at that time but still hsdn’t quit entirely. It took me another three months to talk myself into quitting for good so tgatcI could spend a lot of precious time with him & I did. I am forever grateful.

We can all do this, I know we can!
            Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yes, Toolbox, Kensho..please.
              That is EXACTLY what I needed to read this morning.. My youngest daughter celebrates her 14th today and I'm feeling a bit stressed, behind on the ball, running around making everything happen. I didn't check in last night (really just forgot) and told myself, just now, you WILL sit for 5 minutes and check in, read some wisdom, connect with your friends who are on the path you want to be on! Those 5 minutes are important.. so important for my well being and state of mind. And then such affirmative, inspiring words.. Crawl through it, if necessary.. which it is sometimes.

Congrats on 2.5 weeks, Feebee! Good to see you!

and on 90 days G-man!!!

ok. off and running. see you all later. Have a nice Tuesday..xx

Comment

Kensho! Sneaking in before the day is over to wish you GIANT congratulations! I am very proud of this amazing accomplishment of yours. I have loved watching your acceptance here, and your reaching back to help others.

Thanks for sticking here with us and helping us all. I can't wait to celebrate next year!

xo
                Pav

Comment

Good morning nesters. Congrats on 90 days G. Man. Feebee 2/1/2 weeks congrats as well. Kensho your initial post gave me chills. You are an awesome writer with a profound statement. So happy you are 1 year sober! I woke up with a horrible headache this morning and it made me stop and think “OMG did I drink last night?”. Then I remembered that I dont drink. Relief flooded me. LOL. Yikes. I am on Day 12 today and feeling strong. Love not having the emotional circus in my head for the last 12 days. Gives me time to think of other stuff. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Comment

Congratulations [MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION]!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Kensho!!!!! Congrats on one year + one day!!! I do hope you're feeling much better now and that you enjoyed your spa day. So proud of you :congrats:

LC - Happy belated Birthday! Onward now into a year of enjoying your quit and racking up the days toward next year's double celebration

G-dude - 3 months, 90 days, cruisin' toward triple digies my friend. Fantastic!

Rava - two AF weekends is a fantastic start - you're on your way!

Slo - glad to hear the swim banquet (AF, thankfully) went well. You're doing great as well!

Feebee - you're doing awesome too!

And to everyone else - congrats to all of us for showing up, being present here and in our lives, and giving ourselves the best gifts - sober nights and un-hung mornings. :yay: us!
                      Last edited by wagmor; December 11, 2018, 09:35 AM.
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning nesters

Hump day here thank goodness, meeting an old coworker for coffee before xmas and before i go on leave which will be lovely. My fur baby wasnt well yesterday and i was sitting at work getting really anxious and decided that she was more important than work so i went home to be with her. She is so much better this morning and is eating so i was happy to leave her. lucky i can work from home to be with her, i appreciate every day she is here as she has lymphoma and is 15. i am starting to look for a rescue pup now as its been 6 months since i lost my rupey. company for me and company for my old girl.

How did you enjoy your first birthday Kensho, i hope you did something special for yourself.

Trying to get everything organised before i go on leave and i have zero motivation to do much. i need to start organising lunch for the weekend so that may fill a fair bit of my day. busy, busy, busy.

take care xx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

G-Man, I totally missed your 90 day milestone! :llama: Save the drama for the llama, I say! I'm so proud of you, upwards and onwards!

Been a busy day here, the hag admin and inept project manager both tried dumping stuff on me and i dumped it right back. Feeling empowered (I may be feeling unemployed!)
                          I hope everyone has an easy day, now back on my head....Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yay. KENSHO.

Comment

Thanks all for the congrat's! It feels good and i appreciate it.

Ava, take care there mi amiga. Wishing you and your old pup a comfortable and easy xmas season.

Feebee! Congrat's on 2.5 + weeks! Huge stuff friend. Keep it going.

Rava, 12 days?! That accomplishment is nothing to sneeze at. Raaawkin.

How are you LC?

Hope you had a rippa friend Kensho. Hiya Wags!

Big waves to everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yep.

lifechange. Oh I was wrong. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks. Thanks. Good to see you, too.

Feebee

Comment

Working...
                                X