Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Judt had a nice dinner, quiet & peaceful. My son & his family didn’t come over because his in-laws called this morning & invited themselves to his house for dinner, ha ha! He did stop by briefly to let us know & I actually felt sorry for him. I had asked the Universe for help keeping things peaceful at my house. My daughter & her family just left

LC, glad the dinner with your neighbor went well. You handled the wine situation perfectly

Ava, I hope your family visit is just as pesceful as mine was today.
    Give Mads all the love she deserves as I know you will.

Hello to Slo, Pav, Pauly, G, narilly, Byrdie, Wags & everyone.
    Have a safe night in the nest one & all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi to Everyone. It’s late Christmas Eve here. The stockings are hung, well, on the banister with care, and I honestly can’t wait until they’re not there! Hee hee! Second family gathering tonight and we have the morning for breakfast and presents. Then relax time. I need some alone time.

Lav, glad the universe was listening

AVA, sorry to hear about Mads. Hugs.

G... dude. We’ve had about the same amount of alcohol free days when you count them up... and we shared another today. Each day any of us are without booze is a win. Keep rockin it! What’s new in your music world?

LC, good response to your neighbor. Makes you feel like shit, end of story. Honesty with ourselves and others works wonders, I find. There’s time for creativity and finesse later when it comes to responses. Great insight into what Christmas can mean to you now; thats awesome!

I do hate when the conversation turns to alcohol. People don’t realize that, although sometimes I feel disgusted, sometimes I feel left out of the conversation. I usually leave the room. Anyway, Christmas Eve no. 2 without alcohol has passed AF for me, and I’m turning out the light. Keep working to be AF everyone, and be as honest with yourselves, as LC has been... you’ll Make it through, I promise!
      Last edited by KENSHO; December 25, 2018, 02:05 AM.
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Merry Christmas, Lovely Nesters!!!

Lav, I'm happy to hear that the dinner was so nice and relaxed.. and that your son could stop by, even though he couldn't stay. Does some good to ask the Universe for what we want and need!
        Ava, I hope you had an uneventful drive and that everyone minded themselves! The image of Mads with her head out the window brought tears to my eyes and made me smile, all at the same time. I feel like I know her through you..
        Pav, It does sound like you had a perfect day! I hope the fathers will be feeling better soon..

I had a really nice day yesterday, too.. though ended up eating too much sugar and didn't feel so well towards the end. I really have to keep my eye on that, as sugar definitely is my second/substitute addiction, and if I'm going nuts it means, "WARNING!".. pay attention! I was compulsive last night and it didn't feel good. I'll begin today with meditation and get some exercise in later..
        ok..
        To say I'm soooo grateful to have all of you in my life would be a huge understatement! You know what I mean..:heartbeat:
        Wishing you all a peaceful day..xx

ps Pav and Gman, I've been listening to both Jason Isbell and Paul Kelly! thanks for the recs..
        Last edited by lifechange; December 25, 2018, 02:21 AM.

Comment

X-post Kensho..:love:

Comment

Wishing everyone in the nest a peaceful Christmas!:untroubled:

Comment

Good morning and Merry Christmas Nesters. I’m so thankful to be waking up sober. That is such a gift. Hope everyone has a great day. Bydies saying is running through my head. “Its Christmas, not a ticket to BoozeVille!” No drinking for me today. I am confident and completely sure of myself regarding this!

Comment

Well, xmas eve went sideways with an ER/hospital visit for my mom. I’m grateful to be part of the solution instead of contributing to the problem.

Best wishes for peace and joy to all. xx NS

Comment

From our house to yours

Bruce & Irene

Hope everything turned out okay [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My thoughts are with you, NS..:hug:

Comment

Merry Christmas Nesters! NS,hope everything is ok? Yep the greatest gift of all is waking up sober this morning with no barfy stomach,pounding head,runny eyes,parched tongue and the dreaded shakes! Wishing everyone a happy,no al,safe day!
                      Last edited by paulywogg; December 25, 2018, 09:46 AM.
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning nesters

Merry Christmas to everyone and i hope your day is/was stress free. My day was kind of what i expected, mum kept being snipey about my son, god he can do nothing right, then he would retaliate so i told them both that if they didnt stop i was going home. I met sons girlfriend (whom my mother hates) and she is lovely, my mother is just being a two year old and wanting attention and not liking it when she doesnt get it. Things seemed to settle down and we had a good day. Too damn hot though and im exhausted.

The vet called me and Mads has renal problems so we have changed her medication and hopefully she will perk up. My anxiety levels are at an all time high as of course i am thinking the worst but lifes like that i suppose, lots of ups and downs and big decisions to make. My decision today is to be here with mads and both of us rest.

NS, I do hope your mum is ok. Imagine going to hospital and how resentful you would have been if you had been drinking. Sending you hugs.

Pauly, you summed it up completely on how we would feel if we had drank. Christmas eve was a great excuse to drink for me and god to feel so awful in the morning and have to get through the day was a nightmare.

Now we have New Years to get through and we are plain sailing for 2019.

Take care xx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I haven’t read any posts for days. Good news, hubby repaired my laptop and it will be easier once he’s all finished. So far so good as far as sobriety goes. Happy New Year and Happy New Life to you.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Merry Christmas to everyone!
                            Had my 2nd celebration today with son & his family, now I am completely exhausted, ha ha!
                            Everyone was happy, the food was good & not a drop of AL in sight - it can be done

NS, I hope your Mom is OK.
                            I remember having to rush my dad into the ER on a new years eve 20+ years ago with appendicitis of all things.

Ava, I hope you are back in your own home by now & away from your stress making mom, geez.
                            Spend some quality time with Mads while yo are of from work :hug:

FeeBee, glad you are doing well!

Hello to Rava, LC, Pauly, cowboy, Pav, Kensho & everyone.
                            Have a safe night in the nest one & all.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Merry xmas evabody!

NS, how is your mum doing? How are you?

Nice quiet day spent here with family. I wish i would've put a hold on my current meat ban 'till after xmas, as the toikey and ham looked unreal! I got through though on heaps of roast veggies. Hope all are ok out there.

No ticket to boozeville in sight. There were 2 spruikers on the corner today. One was an older guy training the young fella. The young fella stepped forward as i approached, with his spiel for free tickets.....The older bloke pulled him back whispering in hushed tones....'No no noooo!.... That's the G man. He don't drink'.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post

G... dude. We’ve had about the same amount of alcohol free days when you count them up... and we shared another today. Each day any of us are without booze is a win. Keep rockin it! What’s new in your music world?
                                Right on friend Kensho! thanks. Merry xmas to you and family. Music wise? I got a few things brewing. 3 guitar instrumental albums just finished and after artwork's done, they'll be ready for pressing/upload and release. First one should happen toward end january, with other 2 soon after. Oh yeah, there's more.....sorry u asked? lol. It shows how productive we can be doing what we love!

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                                ps Pav and Gman, I've been listening to both Jason Isbell and Paul Kelly! thanks for the recs..
                                No worries mi amiga. Merry xmas to you and family! Hope you enjoy Kelly. He's an Aussie music icon and many of his songs show why. Hope you're relaxing.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X