Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy New Year!
    Fireworks! My poor doggie, she was so scared, I felt bad for her, they went on and on. Looking forward to my last day off!
    Wishing everyone a super 2019 and tha AL will not be a factor for any of us!
    Hugs to all, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy New Year, Nest!

It was busy here yesterday... I went on a 10 mile hike and then ate fish stew and played games with some good friends. One of our sons decided to stay home, so we stayed up until midnight, and then I went to bed. I like the idea of new beginnings. I am going to do a sugar/carb cleanse, but first I have to get through two birthdays and another party, so we decided to officially start on January 7. I have a quit date to join you, NS!

Funny that you were the only Southerner, Byrdie. As a Californian, I can say that most people in other states don't like us when we move in. Sorry if my people were obnoxious and made you eat stew standing up - no excuse!

LC - good on you for going to the gym. That is such a great idea. I wonder if you could be honest with your friends about your struggles if it would help you overcome future cravings. I know that my closest group of friends would place their bodies in front of alcohol to save me from it - having an in-person team really helps me.

Hope you all have fantastic, SOBER days.

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
        Funny that you were the only Southerner, Byrdie. As a Californian, I can say that most people in other states don't like us when we move in. Sorry if my people were obnoxious and made you eat stew standing up - no excuse!

Pav
        :haha::haha::haha:
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdy, can u speak a little slower please? :applouse:

Hola nesters. Quick fly by as i'm working this week!

Yo Pauly, maybe break those tasks into little doable chunks? Ava style - i.e. just 3 things a day, or even tick off one?

Day 111! haven't see the 3 owls that visited me out of the blue on the night of Dec 30th. Glad they dropped in before them fireworks!

have a beaut MAE y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Feeling hopeful this am - feeling fresh and new and (fairly) rested before work starts again.

LC, awesome idea to change your chemistry and energy with a workout. That's a great idea!! Way to go! The more you do this, the easier it will get!

That's a long hike PAV! My feet would hurt. Nice nature therapy though, I bet. Do you have humid forests where you are, with moss? I love those.

I did about an hour of dishes with my husband this am - my hands are a wreck! I'm done entertaining for a good long time. It was fun though. I found myself being silly and fun in a way I've struggled to do before without alcohol. I'm settling in to the life I was meant to have - and others are accepting it too!

I have a few things yet to do today - workout, a couple hours of work, and meatballs (ask me why I planned a messy meal) - and then an early bedtime. 5:45 is going to kill me tomorrow morning - I've been sleeping in until after 9 consistently the past week!

Love to all!
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

I love it, Kensho, that you are enjoying socializing without alcohol, and finding yourself to be silly & fun without it! I have been finding myself feeling that way this holiday week as well, especially when playing games or doing something active with others.

I didn’t crave their wine the other night after all, or their beers, as long as I have AF beer; and did not feel deprived when they rang in the New Year with champagne! (Although D1, the daughter who has been the most on to and concerned about my alcoholism, wanted me to have a small amount...like, what?? Such a lack of understanding amongst the normies!) Actually the smell of alcohol when catching a whiff is awful. No thanks. I’m at peace now with being AF.

We got home mid-morning today. One more bit of entertaining tonight when HB’s sisters come over for dinner, then Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming. (How’s that for dating myself?!) Happy New Year!
              Last edited by Slo; January 1, 2019, 03:45 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters & Happy New Year!

Everyone that has checked n sounds great. I'm wondering if Rava is OK. Who else has been missing??

I got to go meet an old friend for lunch today & it was great. She moved away two years ago & was here to see her relatives & a few friends
                I made a traditional pork & sauerkraut dinner tonight & it was good.

Byrdie, I spent a week in Tampa at an embroidery school almost 16 years ago & just couldn't understand the 'Southern' thing, haha! Life moves at a much slower pace south of the border I think. I lived all my life in the Philly suburbs where things always seemed fast & hectic. Moving just 40 miles south 15 years ago I found slightly slower but I have adjusted
                I'm sorry Rubi was scared of the fireworks, we really didn't have any due to the rain.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening nesters

Happy New year to you all. I have not been on my laptop since Monday and its been bliss. Staying in the country side is just divine, the birds, the cows, the mountains and the bloody heat, mosquitoes and blow flies. Best of both worlds really. I was in bed at 8.30pm NYE, put in a real effort, if i was drinking i probably would have been passed out by that time anyways.

Nar, i had a chuckle about you throwing up at your daughters birthday, i remember going to some markets once and sat in the gutter vomiting, god the memory and i was adamant it wasnt the alcohol. Cant wait for your 5 year anniversary.

Glad you made it through your comfort zone LC, each time gives us more strength against al and al loses its grip a little bit more. I quite happily drank kombucha and water on NYE with no thoughts of drinking at all.

Pauly, i still have 12 days of holidays left and i know i am going to go back to work thinking of what i didnt do, which is everything but i have had such a nice time relaxing that i dont really care.

Mads loves the country life, she has had second wind since being here and is happy so i am glad to spend some special time with my fur baby. Not sure how the 41 degrees on Friday will affect her or me for that matter!

Take care x
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Nesters,

Sounds like everyone is doing well..
                    I don't have a whole lot to add today. It's my last day off work and it happens to be sunny.. so just enjoying it with the girls.
                    I'll check in again this evening..xx
                    Hugs to all of you!

Comment

Hi nesters,Ava,enjoy the countryside glad your pup is having a blast! LC,enjoy the sunshine,its been sunny here too but cold! Even hubs says it's cold,very unusual for him,Lav,I seen Rava on the 24 hour thread back to work today,glad these days are gonna get back to normal but sad Christmas is over,took my sad,dry tree down yesterday and just felt sad,I always do anyway,have a wonderful AF day all!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quick fly-by this morning, as I have a full day of client sessions. My schedule has felt extra full recently but I'm pretty sure my overall load is just right, and I'm mostly feeling the heavy days due to holidays pushing some folks onto different days than usual. I really do love what I do, but I feel like I'm treading on the edge of burnout and need to be careful.

Have great hump days and eves everyone!!!
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, all:

Last day of vacation, so now I have to cram in all I thought I would do last week in one day (or not, maybe I'll go to a movie...) Kensho, I'm going to have that same problem, too. I don't sleep to 9, but my sleep cycle adjusts to staying up later and sleeping later. It is like going back with jet lag every time.

Pauly - I hope you're not too sad any more. I was just sitting here looking at my tree and wondering if I would take it down today - probably so. I'm not sad about it at all, although the lights and the tree are my favorite parts of the season. Hope work isn't too stressful!

Wags - I feel like that is the constant state i am in with my job. I LOVE it, but I am always on the edge of it being too much. In fact, sometimes it is! I took ALL of last week off without even checking email, and it felt great. I know I'm going to go back to a big pile to do, but I needed the re-charge. I hope you get some time off also - it is probably hard with your own business.

Ava - sounds lovely. I would like to laze around the countryside with you and Mads any day, although I'm not used to that heat. I'd REALLY laze about.

Off to get something done - not sure what yet.

Happy SOBER Hump Day!

Pav

Comment

Up in a mountain tien this morning for a client meeting - lots of snow. It’s beautiful up here! Hoping to get done sooner than later so I can drive back with daylight. Back to the grind. 6:20 wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be tired-wise, but it felt like the middle of the night!! Strength to all.
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Back to the grind today! It's slow going! I'm trying to ease in to it. Not much to report, just trying to get it all done. Lav, I type slowly, too and NS says I sound like Dolly Parton when I talk! Ha! Apparently, I talk and listen slowly, but I think fast! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Funny Paulywogg - I was just thinking my neighborhood usually set off very many fireworks for New Year's, but this year - nada, nothing, a few booms from far away, but nothing to scare the cats about, they stayed sleeping on my legs during the (soft and quiet) display. Nice. I had to strain to hear the booms. Funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X