Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

I was just saying to another person that I was so grateful my neighborhood's usual sky lighting, ear discomfort, cat managing, displays were few and far from me this year. Cats barely raised their noses. :yay:

Comment

Hello everyone, just checking in t say hi. Staying sober here. It is +10C today and last year it was -20C so I am going for multiple walks with my dogs. How enjoyable!

Grateful to be Un Hung on Jan 2.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
        NS says I sound like Dolly Parton when I talk! Ha! Apparently, I talk and listen slowly, but I think fast! Hugs to all, Byrdie
        Dolly has a beautiful voice. To me, normal conversations in a southern accent sound so kind. I'm not sure how an angry southern woman sounds and maybe I don't want to find out :egad:!
        Last edited by NoSugar; January 2, 2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Can't believe it is Hump day already, haha!!Trying to keep up with the day, date & time takes an effort these days. Most days are the same for me anymore

Byrdie, you really wouldn't want to have to talk to people from the Philly area on a daily basis, LOL
          I've lived here all my life & still can't understand a lot of them.

Ava, glad you & Mads are enjoying your low tech vacation

I spent the day paying bills, getting my hair cut, food shopping & making a pot of soup. Still need to get the tree undecorated but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
          Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I was set to spend New Years Eve at home alone with HB, just unpacking & laundering while he watched TV, and thinking about how everyone else is out drinking, when something wonderful happened: we (me, HB & two daughters) drove into a really bad snowstorm on our way home from Up North, and right near where D1 & her husband live, so we had to get off the road and went to their house to sleep over and wait out the storm! And they couldn’t go to their party either because of the roads, so we had a really cozy family NYE together! -played games (thanks to that game-loving SIL getting the rest going!), took their tree down, watched some TV, pizza & popcorn...nice!

Got into some cravings for the wine last night when the sister-in-laws were over for dinner, and was handling it with extra sugar to kill the cravings, plus for other feelings that were coming up...I’ve been a crazy little sugar monster with all these Christmas cookies & such all around. I’m just so glad that today is Jan. 2nd and I can resume regular daily life now and no longer have to be around alcohol every single day. The holidays are an intense time of socializing, and this introvert is ready for some quiet alone time now.

Not ready to take the tree down yet though as it’s pretty. The colorful lights are comforting during the cold & dark winter solstice.
            I’ve never associated NYE with fireworks, like you all have to deal with! It sounds ridiculously intense in Germany, [MENTION=5274]Life[/MENTION]change!

Lav, I keep thinking it’s Monday too.
            Narilly, a New Year’s baby! Yet one more celebration on top of the celebrations.
            Wags, yeah, the holidays knock everything off schedule, which makes your days unbalanced and too full with the extra “make up” sessions. Hopefully it all will smooth out soon into a manageable pattern.
            Pav, an entire week off without even touching a work email is exactly what you needed.
            Byrdie, I love & admire Southern charm. But I’m a damn Yankee.
            Ava, what a beautiful way to rejuvenate Mads! Well, both of you. I thought of you when I heard some Phil Collins songs on the radio!
            Lifechange, I can see where it would be hard to have to see your ex so often, and grief would kick in with a new GF and them with your old friends. I’ve been having to deal with extra emotions too, and using walks and tears as well. Gotta feel them now, since no booze to numb them away with. Painful, but then they resolve at least.

Here’s to all of us keeping our AF promises in this new year. There’s strength in numbers, and I appreciate you all so that I don’t have to do this all alone.
            Last edited by Slo; January 2, 2019, 11:17 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hi ya,
              SLO, your New Years sounds amazing, what a nice night. What great timing for a snowstorm.

Well, I am feeling sorry for myself today which is Un like me. I don’t think my hubby likes me too much, he came home from work yesterday ( he works up north, 7 days on and 7 days off) and went out all day today, now he went to work out. Tomorrow he is going skiing. I don’t think she he wants to spend much time with me. We’ve been married a long time so that is understandable and our marriage has been a bit rocky. I just want to make sure I don’t drink in trying to deal with this situation.i am home alone right now and my mind is trying to wander to the ‘what if’ I had a glass of wine. I will not let it go there because it is off the table.

I can drink or have the life I want.

Xo
              Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

So glad drinking isn’t an option, no matter what, [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]. I’m sorry you’re hurting and hope you guys can talk and connect. xx

Comment

Hang in there Nar. You're worth it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning nesters,Narilly,your post makes me sad sometimes married people just need their own space,I know these past couple of weeks I've had extra days off with hubs and I was getting irritated with him and he wasn't even doing anything annoying,just too mucho timo together I think,I'm just used to doing my own routine I guess,maybe you two could talk it out? Can't hurt SLO,sounds like a nice NYE,Byrdie,Dolly Parton is such a little sweetie and I love when she talks,nice comparison,I'd take it waves to all and wishes for a fab AF whatever day this is haha
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning!
                      I am way better today. Thank Goodness I didn’t drink yesterday. I was getting the f its last night so I quickly posted and contacted a couple of MWOers, whew!
                      It worked, I am still sober and my quit is even stronger. Thank you G, Pauly, NS, Ava. Much appreciated.

I talked to hubs, we worked it out for now. He is a good guy, just a bit emotionally closed off. It’s a work in progress.

MWO works! I will keep coming back.

Off to get a pedicure with my mom and daughter, it should be fun.

Don’t drink today.
                      Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

So glad you didn't cash it all in over a misunderstanding, @narilly! I've really been working on not making up big stories about what people are thinking and feeling and then believing they are true. The fact is, I'm usually wrong osteroops: and its much better to have the conversation, even when it's a tough one. :hug:
                        Last edited by NoSugar; January 3, 2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Hi Nesters,

another quick check in for me.. I had to get work before 6 this morning and had a hard day.. then a nap and got my hair done. All nice things, but checking in here is usually my favourite time of the day and so necessary. But the girls are hanging out together and I want to be there, too, as I'll be leaving in a week for 3 weeks without them. Plus I'm hungry!
                          So I'll check in later if possible, and if not, then tomorrow morning. I read all of your posts and am right here with you in thought and spirit.. Nar, so glad you reached out to your friends here when you were feeling sad and lonely..:hug:
                          Love and hugs to you all..xx
                          Last edited by lifechange; January 3, 2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Life, thank you. I bet your looking good with your new hair cut.

NS, I was a bit of a drama queen last night. Sheesh!

Sticking close to the nest today. They are talking about alcohol and addiction on CBC radio right now. It’s pretty interesting. Of course, I could run the whole show, I know way more than the people talking, lol...actually there is always something new to learn.

Don’t drink today. Xo
                            Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hola nesters!

Chatting to some sth american chica's. Will i ever learn?! :applouse:

Good work Narilly! :goodjob:

LC sent me a pic of her new hair do earlier......Take care out there.

Punk Hair Goes Wild - Crazy New Hair Styles 1.jpg

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening folks... sorry I am just getting back in now - thanks all for your wonderful welcome especially Byrdlady for your comprehensive response - I read it but wasn't ready to respond.
                                I guess I am now.
                                I didn't quit that time - had a lot more - not so much binges but certainly getting drunk every night.
                                So today seems to be my first day - I have not drunk yet and it is 19:36 - the cravings are a bit strong but orange juice seems to be helping - seems strange to be sober but nice too, I only had two small beers last night to clear the cravings and I awoke this morning all clear headed - been a while!
                                Let's see.
                                Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better - I will try to check in tomorrow.
                                Last edited by ThreeBottlesOfWine; January 3, 2019, 02:38 PM.
                                Life is better sober

Comment

Working...
                                X