Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well.....hubby & son are on their way to have Mama Kitty put to sleep. We have tried everything. The Valium just isn't working. She is still attacking. Found another baby up on the window sill last night. She is going to hurt a baby besides hurting us and our other animals. My poor Mama Kitty. I remember feeding her with a bottle. Holding her when we didn't think she was going to make it. We raised her from a couple of days old. And now we are killing her.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Nora,
      I know how hard a decision this was for you and the family to make. If this wasn't the right thing to do your vet would have come up with other options. It never makes sense when our furcompanions change their personality so dramatically. I pray she will finally be at peace and that her kittens will thrive in your love and very caring hands. I wish I could give one a home but mine is full at the moment. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take a deep breath, have some tea if you like it and try some meditation to find your peaceful place. Mega hugs coming your way :l:l:l:l:l:l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;858262 wrote: Well.....hubby & son are on their way to have Mama Kitty put to sleep. We have tried everything. The Valium just isn't working. She is still attacking. Found another baby up on the window sill last night. She is going to hurt a baby besides hurting us and our other animals. My poor Mama Kitty. I remember feeding her with a bottle. Holding her when we didn't think she was going to make it. We raised her from a couple of days old. And now we are killing her.
        Oh Nora...:l I'm so sorry. Sometimes they just lose the plot, and there's no getting it back. She certainly isn't happy this way, and somebody will doubtless get hurt. Please do something nice for yourself. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much for the support. :l Really means a lot to me. :l

I talked to Runningwind today. She is hanging in there. Will be back posting when she can. She needs some support now too. Come on Runningwind. We're all here for you & miss you. :l

Ok - just got home from work and had a good sob. Going to work on some paperwork now. I'll check back later.

Thanks again for all the support. Means so much!
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unfortunately, my "borrowed" connection is tenuous, at best. I hope you're hanging in there, Nora.

Also, please come to the nest for some support, RW...we're all here with hugs and butt velcro and tea. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am arranging soft cushions, kleenex boxes and various types of teas up in the nest. I have a box of Gail Ambrosius truffles and fancy sodas. We also have a wide variety of videos to watch...or, we could all just watch the food channel. We have hand lotions and foot lotions and all sorts of girlie accoutrement that I have in a basket. I have a bunch of back home and "green" type mags...maybe a few of you might be interested in helping me plan my green shack out in the middle of bumble-f*ck, WI. No noise except for birds and perhaps cows.

I have just hung my solar tiki lights out and I'm waiting for company...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, and the "Dos Gatos" truck is parked two blocks away, so as not to alarm anybody...I have nag champa incense burning at the base of the tree and soft music is wafting down from the nest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Fennel- you are a sweetie. :l I think I'm about done in for the night. Kitties are doing well. Thinking about just laying here & vegging. :l
                  Catch you all later. Think i'll enjoy some lotions & tea and incense for a bit.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm glad you're o.k., Nora. I was learning how to summon a "shoggoth" on youtube...but they don't seem terribly friendly. Needless to say, I won't be inviting one up to the nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Don't forget to have a truffle...some of them are even tea infused.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Nora. What a rotten time you're having. So glad your son is OK. I would've been terrified.

I have a 19 year old who sometimes worries me. He tends to drink too much in the weekends sometimes, and with boys they get violent. He has a lovely girlfriend who is a calming influence, but one day I'm worried it might get serious.

I must've missed your post about Mama Cat, but obviously she's been having some kind of post-natal psychosis. That's so sad, but the kitties will thrive without the stress. I hope you find good homes for them when they're ready.

Girly wirly, I hope you're feeling better. In the big picture I think life without AL is better than it seems at the beginning when you're mourning the loss. Try to focus on the things you get to do now, that you don't when you're drunk.

I love the velcro suits. I must get one of those. I really can't afford (financially or physically) to drink the way I have been, so need to get the motivation back and get my life back.

It's a wet Sunday here and the place looks like a Chinese laundry, as I try to get some towels and the kids school clothes dry for tomorrow. Have a good week everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gail Ambrosius Here we go...

Comment

Newbies Nest

dancingon;858550 wrote: Oh Nora. What a rotten time you're having. So glad your son is OK. I would've been terrified.

I have a 19 year old who sometimes worries me. He tends to drink too much in the weekends sometimes, and with boys they get violent. He has a lovely girlfriend who is a calming influence, but one day I'm worried it might get serious.

I must've missed your post about Mama Cat, but obviously she's been having some kind of post-natal psychosis. That's so sad, but the kitties will thrive without the stress. I hope you find good homes for them when they're ready.

Girly wirly, I hope you're feeling better. In the big picture I think life without AL is better than it seems at the beginning when you're mourning the loss. Try to focus on the things you get to do now, that you don't when you're drunk.

I love the velcro suits. I must get one of those. I really can't afford (financially or physically) to drink the way I have been, so need to get the motivation back and get my life back.

It's a wet Sunday here and the place looks like a Chinese laundry, as I try to get some towels and the kids school clothes dry for tomorrow. Have a good week everyone.
                            With kids, it seems they're impossible to control. I know this, because I was one.

As for Mama Kitty...it almost seems that the moment she became pregnant, she went around the bend. Some of them do, and never come straight around again. I truly think that Nora and Mr. C did the right thing. And I agree, the kitties will do just fine. I've been in that place where I had to make that decision, though...I have to say, I much prefer when the kitty makes it for me.

I hope that all the nestlings are doing fine tonight. I'm thinking of all of you. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oooohhhh Fennel! The nest has never looked or smelt better than it does tonite. You've outdone yourself!! I definitely don't want to leave and I will not. I'd love to watch another movie but is it OK if I nod off? It's been a busy day filled with fun and work, some tears for Nora and Mamma Kitty may she rest in peace.
                              I just ended my day with a pretty cool chick flick on TV tonite starring one of my fav actresses, Reese Weatherspoon. She's a lost spirit who gets involved with the guy her family sublet her apartment to after her accident which left her in a coma for 3 months. Never heard of this one before and I can't even remember the name of the movie, something about "Heaven" but it was really cute and just what I needed for a Sat nite wind down. I'll find it and bring it up to the nest for another nite.
                              I'm going to pour myself some Chammomile and ginger tea, rub on some lavendar lotion and call it a nite. If anyone is up around 6 tomorrow morning give me a nudge. Another busy day on tap!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dancing On, stick close to the nest-we're here for you. whatever you need to help you, just let us know.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X