Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

fennel;858539 wrote: I am arranging soft cushions, kleenex boxes and various types of teas up in the nest. I have a box of Gail Ambrosius truffles and fancy sodas. We also have a wide variety of videos to watch...or, we could all just watch the food channel. We have hand lotions and foot lotions and all sorts of girlie accoutrement that I have in a basket. I have a bunch of back home and "green" type mags...maybe a few of you might be interested in helping me plan my green shack out in the middle of bumble-f*ck, WI. No noise except for birds and perhaps cows.

I have just hung my solar tiki lights out and I'm waiting for company...
    Oh God. Will you marry me? :H

Nora, honey, I'm sooo so very sorry :upset: It is SUCH a difficult decision. I know; I've been there. But I agree, this is undoubtedly the best thing for everyone in this case. Snuggle with the babies tonight and take it easy :l

Dancing, squeeze yerself into one of them suits and let's DO it! Btw.. exactly what does a Chinese laundry look like?

Well, vet called but didn't come out. Told me to do hot compresses :egad: Miss Sophie is rather touchy feely on her back end at the best of times... but actually, she wasn't too bad. I had Mr. Wonderful with me - just in case something went wrong. She squealed and jumped once but otherwise let me do the dirty deed. Whew.

And tomorrow, I'll have the dubious pleasure of towing a horse trailer by myself. Ughh. I'm such a wuss when it comes to stuff like that. Kinda weird, I have no second thoughts about going out in the bush with a chain saw - but the thought of truck and trailer sends me into hiding. Anyways, I got a riding lesson booked on Monday and my 'ride' cancelled. Her horse threw a shoe and hurt her tender tootsies. So.... wish me luck.

Ohh.. and my topsoil came today (well, the first load, anyways)! Whoohoo. Mr. Wonderful ever so carefully inquired about dinner tonight... I looked at him in utter disbelief... "NOW? I'm not even close to done yet! What time is it?" Ummm.. turned out it was 9pm. :H

Well, and that's it for me - hope you all have a fabby evening and restful night!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;858555 wrote: Mr. Wonderful ever so carefully inquired about dinner tonight... I looked at him in utter disbelief... "NOW? I'm not even close to done yet! What time is it?" Ummm.. turned out it was 9pm. :H
      :H:H:H:H:
      :new:
      BeHappy

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hallo: BeHappy! Is that what everyone agreed on now, on the Underthingies? Saw you popping in there today - I guess Bridge recruited ya? :H

Well, welcome to the Newbie's Nest. Odd place up in the trees, with nest belts and butt velcro (full velcro suit for the really rough days). Make yourself at home! Most of the birdlings in here are probably perched with their beaks under their feathers by now... but you'll meet everyone tomorrow!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Sunshine. Actually, Starty recruited me.
          BeHappy

Comment

Newbies Nest

I like your signature. Is that what you say to people because it's true, or because it sounds less wowsery than no thanks, I don't drink?
            BeHappy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi peggyh, Welcome to the nest. It is good here. I didn't find AA woked for me but this has. drop in any time there is usuallu someone awake wherever in the world you are. Take care.
              Tant
              AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,
                I have just come back from my Mum's 80th birthday, no grog for me. All the guests were mum's old friends. They had Asti Riccadonna for toasting the birthday girl and it was really hard to resist that! it tastes so lovely, oh. But I did resist and although I am not thrilled I am glad I didn't have any thing to drink. It's easier now that all the celebrations are over.
                Nora I am so sorry about your mama kitty. I have hand raised a few animals myself and it is so hard to make life and death decisions about them. She has left you with some beautiful presents in the shape of her little kittens to love and look after for her. Animals have such an emaotional influence on us don't they?

Chicken, I'm thinking of you. Find a good butcher and get some rissoles. Have some rissoles with mashed potato and onion gravy. mmmmmm Be kind to yourself. Your friends are here.

Back home for us tomorrow. Talk again then.
                Tant
                AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Papmom. What I "need" is some good old will power to stop using alcohol as a crutch, when I know it doesn't help, and I would feel so much better if I kicked it to the kerb. Oh, and a win on lotto would take the pressure off.

I'm feeling strong tonight, and back on the wagon, intending to do a long haul.

Lol. Sunny, a "Chinese laundry" is an old, (and probably not very culturally sensitive), expression probably dating from the time when many Chinese immigrants took in laundry, and it would be hanging all round the room drying. As we have a lot of sunshine hours where I live, not many locals invest in a clothes dryer, because it's usually sunny and breezy enough to dry clothes outside. But you can get caught out when you have a few days of rain, or in the winter when the temperatures stay low, and then the washing is draped around inside.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday morning Nesters,

Hey, where did the sun go? It was so pleasant yesterday, would be nice to have repeat.

Nora, sorry about your Mama Cat. I'm sure your kitties will be OK with lots of affection!

Fennel, your chocolate looks good. I treat myself to Gourmet Swiss Chocolate and Chocolate Confections | Neuchatel Chocolates around here. I can be at the factory store in 10 minutes if an emergency arisis

Wishing everyone a peaceful AF Sunday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;858539 wrote: I am arranging soft cushions, kleenex boxes and various types of teas up in the nest. I have a box of Gail Ambrosius truffles and fancy sodas. We also have a wide variety of videos to watch...or, we could all just watch the food channel. We have hand lotions and foot lotions and all sorts of girlie accoutrement that I have in a basket. I have a bunch of back home and "green" type mags...maybe a few of you might be interested in helping me plan my green shack out in the middle of bumble-f*ck, WI. No noise except for birds and perhaps cows.

I have just hung my solar tiki lights out and I'm waiting for company...
                      oh fennel that sounds like bliss, flick it over to the food channel see if the gorgeous james martin is on xx

just what the doc ordered for girly wirly xx:thanks:
                      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama is sheepishly checking in after get bombed last night
                        so...I need body velcro, butt velcro, and like nora said....velcro my arm to ny body so the glass won't make it to my lips.
                        I was at work all day yesterday, and one of my guys brought in a cold beer...and well..u know the rest
                        I WILL BEAT THIS....I WILL BEAT THIS.....
                        Gonna make a list and keep it in my purse.....
                        Fennel..how you doin with the Topa baby??
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama - my advise is not to take the velcro suit off. I did yesterday. Big mistake.

I am going to work on my list today also. My PLAN and my REASONS NOT TO DRINK.

Fennel - I really need my Diet Coke & Bagel please. :thanks:
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh crap Nora....you too????

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes and I'm really sick of this. I was just talking to hubby about this. He is helping me to make some changes. He is being very supportive. Going to work on my plan & reasons. I think that somewhere along the line I just lost my incentive/momentum.
                              Time to do some serious thinking. :h
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel you....entirely and completely.....me too...are you still taking Topa?
                                I quit and feel so much better.....but still drinking....
                                gonna rely on suppplements and ME......and all of you here that mean so much to me

Comment

Working...
                                X