Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hola nesters!

Thanks folks for your encouragement re learning Spanish. Yes i need to! No further details re romance at this point as it's early days. I'm still searching and trying a few approaches out.

I reckon it's such a plus for your kids Kensho, LC, Pav, that they see you taking a stand on drinking and stopping it for reasons they can see and understand. I suspect that knowing their parents don't drink and that it can be done, could well serve as a strong anchor if any of them find themselves in trouble with booze later in life. You are leading by example.

Making music today over here. 2 gigs! I might even find a wife.......:nutso:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Only some snow flurries so far today. Makes me wonder what we're going to wake up to in the morning, LOL
      Whatever comes our way - I'm ready for it I think

If anyone had told me 15 years ago that I would end up with a flock of chickens in my life I would have thought they were nuts!!
      We lived all our lives n a suburb of Philly then we moved 40 or so miles south. We landed in a farming area where everyone has horses, cows, goats, llamas, you name it BUT I decided to start out with a smaller animal project & decided on chickens. I currently have 12 (6 were killed by a nasty fox last summer/fall). I have had as many as 30 some which way way too many. Finding good homes for all those eggs was a problem but I did eventually develop some good customers
      I will get a few more to add to this flock as soon as the baby chicks arrive at the feed store late next month. This has been a messy but fun hobby for the most part. I give egg gifts to my friends & neighbors & the grandkids have learned quite a bit too! So now you all know what I do in my spare time ha ha!!
      About the neighbors - none of them are actually close enough to be bothered by the chickens. I didn't get upset when I found one of their goats on my deck, haha!!

G, I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Keep us posted on your girlfriend/wife project

Slo, are you in one of the areas harder hit with the snow? They have downgraded the predictions around here to where it sounds like we are going to get more rain than anything else. The big problem will be the icing when the artic air moves in tomorrow. I have been DF for many years & eating out can be hazardous. I've learned to ask questions before ordering anything.

Nar, I had zero experience when I started my chicken project. I bought a book & did what it said to do & everything worked out, lucky I guess.

Pav, you could try overcooking & overbaking everything. Be careful you don't break your teeth, LOL
      I can't lose a pound anymore, metabolisms change unfortunately. Good luck!

Hello to everyone & wishing for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I remember why I drank..it's too hard

I remember why I drank...remembering is too hard.
        Feebs
        Last edited by Feebee; January 19, 2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

having a hard time. gasp. breath. thankful for you people.
          Please say nice words to me.
          Feebs

Comment

of course vunerability breeds nasty.

please curtail any nastiness and be nice to me.

Feebee

Comment

doing laundry rather than drink. yep 9:30. love the sound of the washer.
              Feebee
              Last edited by Feebee; January 20, 2019, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Thankful for you guys. I talked myself out of drinking.
                plus I have cleaner clothing.
                Feebs

Comment

Hang in there Feebs! Great job distracting with washing. The really hard won’t last and you’ll be so proud of yourself tomorrow am! AND you won’t be sick (or dirty!). Anything to distract yourself... and eat eat eat if you have to!! You are doing great and I know you’ll make it to tomorrow!!! Good thoughts....
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good job turning to something like laundry, [MENTION=24301]Feebee[/MENTION]. You figure, you have to do laundry at some point and if you drank, you’d have to quit again at some point, so you took care of both problems at once. Do you know what made last evening tough? It helps a lot to know “danger zones”. For me, that was being home alone for a couple days.

Enjoy waking up proud of yourself :smile:!
                    Last edited by NoSugar; January 20, 2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Happy 8 years AF, [MENTION=11704]Byrdlady[/MENTION]! You’ve shown us how to do it and keep it, even when life comes at us hard. I love and appreciate you, NS

Comment

Congrats on 8 years Byrdie! so glad you've stuck around this place,we'd be lost without you and your great advice and sense of humor Feebee,great job on not drinking! I think sometimes we make this harder than it needs to be,I know I do sometimes anyway,NS,I thought Pav meant "Preach it sister" too when I read it,you're not preachy,,,,far from it,you're helpful with alot of facts behind your posts and we thank you quick one for me cuz I'm hungry and need to get ready to go for Sunday breakfast with hubs,one small thing I appreciate cuz we NEVER go if I've been drinking cuz I'd A.rather sleep and B.I'm too damn sick to eat or even think of food! So this makes me happy,huge waves and hugs to all and have a superb,sober Sunday!!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

EIGHT FREAKIN' YEARS and NO Tickets to boozeville!!! :yay: :sohappy:

Congrats Byrdie [MENTION=11704]Byrdlady[/MENTION] - you've made it through a lot of ups and downs, with unexpected twists and turns, but your butt is still strapped solidly in the nest. Glad we can all be here to celebrate with you. Are you gonna bake you a cake???
                          Last edited by wagmor; January 22, 2019, 09:46 AM.
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Kensho - your daughter's words are reason enough, without any other benefits, to protect your quit. And the fabulous part is that there ARE countless other benefits! Thanks so much for sharing that story and kudos to you.

Feebs - sorry that nobody was here in the nest when you were struggling. I know a few folks are set up to get notifications when they are pm'ed on MWO (or at least I *think* that's the case? Is that true anyone???). If you really need responsive bodies in the future, maybe try that? Regardless, a lot of folks find that simply coming here and posting, being honest about struggles or temptations, and putting the words out is helpful in and of itself whether or not anyone else sees it relatively soon. I'm soooooo glad you came here, and you did laundry, and you talked yourself out of drinking. As NS said, maybe look back at whether there were specific triggers, or reinforce which tools helped in what ways. It's hard to go through n experience like you did, but you can (and probably already did) emerge stronger on the other side. Hugs to you.

LC - sounds like a good trip so far!

G-man - Buena suerte con la Ecuadoreña! Language experts say one of the best ways to learn a new language is through a love relationship with someone who speaks another one. If you really decide to learn - even a little bit - I'd be happy to help you. I'm not native or fluent, but I have a pretty decent foundation and I love the language.

Hellos and waves to everyone stopping by the nest this weekend. May you all have great ones!
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Happy eight year sober birthday Byrdie! You are an inspiration, an example and a totally awesome woman!
                              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Morning All:

CONGRATULATIONS, [MENTION=11704]Byrdlady[/MENTION] ! I am so grateful for you, one of the OG Nest moms. Your kind and consistent words of support were KEY to my being where I am. I hope you have a great celebration of YOU. xoxo

Sorry no one was here, FeeBee - so glad that you came here and did laundry instead of drinking. You have survived a craving, flexed a sober muscle, and built skills to say no. How are you doing now?

We have some family here for lunch and then dinner with old friends (old in both senses of the word!) We used to be big drinking buddies, but everyone has calmed down some as they've aged. There will be plenty of wine, but I won't have any.

Happy SOBER Sunday!
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X