Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Looks like everyone had a pretty good hump day.
    I've been kind of low energy for absolutely no reason & don't really have any great need to push myself, haha! I'm looking forward to spring time, outside activities

Byrdie, thank goodness you are back in good health! I was beginning to worry about you a bit.

Kensho, sorry you are dealing with neck pain again. Dairy is extremely inflammatory, I have stayed completely away from it for more than 15 years. My aches & pains disappeared pretty quickly when I finally gave up dairy. Gluten can bother my gut if I indulge too much. Funny how we all react differently to common foods.
    I am in love with my new pillow - good investment! I hope you find some relief soon.

Ava, I still get an occasional thought about smoking but I will not go there. That quit was the worst. You are doing a great job

Hello to everyone & wishing for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, Nest:

How'd you handle that craving, Min? How are you today? I am the other side of the world practically from you - west coast of the US. I'm sure I've recommended it, but the Bubble Hour podcast got me through a lot of witching hours. It is sort of like going to a meeting and listening - the women on the podcast have so many similar thoughts and experiences.

I have been eating pretty well and yesterday during a meeting I just lost that control and ate a ton of junk food. I have a headache this morning that I can't help but think is caused by that sugar my body isn't used to. Amazing how food really does affect how we feel.

Big day at work for Pav. I'll be tired to night as I am already tired. I am crawling toward this weekend...

Pav

Comment

Hello all,

Ava, I’m so relieved for you that you made it through your tough day at work the other day with your usual grit & determination, as I would hate to have you start over on your smoke quit after clawing your way through the initial three weeks. According to somebody here, you’ll feel better at a month and much better after two months!
        Hot & humid is VERY draining. I’m happy with my dreary, rainy, icy day here.

Pauly, I have to minimize dairy right now because of its high vitamin A content, even though I like it. Maybe it’s not why my neck is loosening up, but probably why if it’s highly inflammatory like Lav says, and I tend to eat way too much of it!

Hope your big day at work is turning out well, Pav.

Belle, Moffit, & Minstar, we are all pulling for you. Try for lots of rest, lots of water, laughter, comfort measures, snacks, and as uncomplicated of days as possible.
        Last edited by Slo; February 7, 2019, 03:15 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hi Nestlings.
          Thanks again to everyone for their ongoing support. Still hangin' in.

[MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION] you are doing fantastic! Stay strong. I quit 20 yrs ago and I have never looked back. It's dirty and it stinks and it's not flattering and it causes wrinkles and it wrecks your lungs! Remember that.

Hope you're doing Ok [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION].
          Last edited by Moffit; February 7, 2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Nesters

Day 3 and happy as a pig in muck!

Sorry I have been starting and stopping but this is furthest I have got - its actually become an enjoyment - I am still going to my regulars but drinking sparkling water / orange juice or coffee - I say regulars here because they are not really pubs - just little cafes - I feel so good - taking CBD which really helps.

I will log in and join the conversation tomorrow - today I just wanted to pop my head in and say hi and to let you know I have not disappeared!
            Life is better sober

Comment

Hola my friends.

Quick fly by check in. All's well here.

Great work on the smokes Ava. Good job 3B!

Big waves to evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning nesters

Thank you all in your support of my not smoking, apologies but i gave up drinking here so now its fags too. being accountable to everyone that is supporting me keeps me going as boy i could so go a smoke now. Its stress that is my biggest trigger so your kind words are keeping me determined. Thank you..

Moffitt, someone said to me the other day i looked younger and here i was thinking they had an eyesight problem. i do feel better, i know that. if i can give up al i can give up the fags and boy have i been smoking longer than i have drinking.

3B, good to see you, keep on here. That al brain has a way of coaxing us to have that "just one" early in our quit, as strong as we feel.

Slo, i feel better now, i think ha ha. its breaking the habit and i have smoked for 40 years (oh god!) but as per my giving up al, i have my children on board for support and MWO.

Working from home today which is much needed. I am now going to try and post a pic of Carl our new addition. We are all very excited and hopefully collect him tomorrow.

IMG20190205195608.jpg

take care xx
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Watching my grandsons this evening - SO much fun, haha!!!
                  Dinner & homework done so we're watching something on the Discovery channel.

Ava, congrats again to you on your smoke quit. I know it's hard but it's so worth the effort.
                  Carl is adorable, I'm jealous

3Bs, good to see you again. Never give up trying

Slo, I feel like I have a lot of experience with inflammatory foods. Not necessarily by choice, if you know what I mean.
                  Here's a short article: 6 Foods That Cause Inflammation

Pav, hope your busy days go by quickly.

Hello to G & everyone.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ava, I’m in love with Carl the dog!
                    Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. I feel like a prize fighter in the ring and Friday is when I hear the bell and go back to my corner to recharge.
                    Stay strong, all! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Folks

End of Day 1, thanks No Sugar and Moffit for pointing me in the direction of this thread.

Big sigh...time for bed. I will be seeing you tomorrow. Today was such a drain, emotionally.

Step by step.

Good luck to those starting out, and those continuing to be free.

Comment

Also thanks to Slo for posting me.

Night folks

Comment

Just a quick pop in for me. Mostly to see the pic of Carl, [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION]'s dog. What an adorable cutie (is that redundant?). What a great addition to your family. congrats!

Day 9 here. No big triggers (yet) today, but day is almost over and I am so tired. Work is crazy this month and I will be working an unusual Friday tomorrow. I'll come home to an empty house, except for my doggie. Daughter is going to boyfriend's house straight from school to help watch his 3 brothers while the parents go out. Early wake up on Saturday for a gymnastics meet. Ugh. We just finished the High school meets, and now one week later we start the club meets.

Welcome to [MENTION=24330]NoMoreIgnoring[/MENTION]...as someone always says (Byrdlady?) 'this is a good place'. Pull up a twig and velcro yourself in. Just think about making it to 30 days. If you do that, I guarantee you will feel so much better you will want to keep on going.

good night all. I'm whipped and ready for bed.
                          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Evening Nesterlies

Keep up the good work [MENTION=16180]BelleGirl[/MENTION].
                            So glad you made it [MENTION=24330]NoMoreIgnoring[/MENTION]. Good Job on making it through Day 1.
                            I bet you DO look younger [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION]. Ciggy's are wretched for the skin. I remember seeing a wrinkly old lady with bright red lips, sitting in the pub with a drink, sucking on a butt out of the side of her mouth. That vision stuck with me and not long after that I decided to pull the plug on smoking. Cute Pup by the way.

Hope everyone else is having a happy and sober evening
                            Moffit

Comment

Checking in to hold myself accountable to not drink. Brain has gone into 'it'll be okay, go on..' And flickering to 'who cares, live for today' etc. Too much time alone and within the four walls!

Sounds like everyone is doing well Will pop in later for the gossip :eek-new:

Congratulations on Day 1 NoMoreIgnoring :welcome:
                              Last edited by Change; February 8, 2019, 02:52 AM.
                              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hi, Nest:

How are you doing, Change?? Living for today means remembering and having fun WITHOUT alcohol. It CAN be done - it does take some time to figure it out. I am grateful I don't drink and never have to have a hangover again (although probably my headache yesterday was a sugar hangover!)

Welcome NoMoreIgnoring - I don't know your story, but you got some good advice from some good people. Stick close, read, watch YouTube documentaries, take a bath, go for a walk - whatever it takes to get through this day sober, and then the next.

Byrdie - That's sort of how I feel, and you've had a tougher week. I do need a re-charge!

Lav - you're a great grandma - you take care of those kids a lot. Must be fun. My parents cared for my kids a lot - it is like they have another set of parents (who give them more ice cream).

Gotta run. Happy SOBER Friday.

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X