Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hyper, today IS a brand new day & you just never know, it may be fabulous!

Byrdie, you double ate at your job yesterday - chocolate on chocolate
    Sounds pretty good actually.

Belle, if I may -
    If your daughter is old enough to have a boyfriend then they are both old enough to acknowledge that every living being POOPS!. There's no need to be shy about that especially when they don't seem to be shy about much else. Please tell your daughter that if she doesn't clear her system out she could be at risk for a bowel obstruction which would require surgery, not pleasant. I have know a few teenage girls who let things go too long & ended up in the hospital having surgery.
    Obviously she needs to increase her fiber intake & be sure to drink plenty of water in the future.
    I'm sorry you had such a harsh day, you did great coming here to vent. Glad your son is on the mend too.

Ava, glad yo are making some progress with your job description.

Hello to Slo, Pav, Kensho, G, Pauly & everyone stopping in tonight!

Nothing new here, chicks are fine, still chilly out but no snow so yay!!!
    Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav

PS: I saw somewhere today the 20 beers & wines were tested for the presence of glyphosphate (the main ingredient in Roundup) 19 were positive. If you ever need another reason to not drink, UGH
    Last edited by Lavande; February 27, 2019, 07:39 PM.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Howdy. Been away for a while. Still sober after all these years. Nicotine free (I smoked a daily cigar) too. Still working on the sugar free lifestyle. Lav and Byrd's reminiscing about early drinking reminded me about how slowly and silently the descent can be, at least it was for me. I hope for those still struggling that as steep as the climb out of the pit seemed, folks like Lav and Byrdie, NS, Pav are an example that it's possible to win. You all need to understand how lucky you are to have folks who can share their success day after day, never losing faith in you.
      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

No, I didn’t say wine, I said whiskey. It said each & every family has to donate a bottle of alcohol for the raffle baskets to support the high school swim teams. That means liquor as well. I have no problem with one wine-themed basket amongst other themed baskets like a chocolate one and a spa one, but for this then ALL the basket prizes are ALCOHOL/liquor. Guess there’s no point in me going to that event.
        Last edited by Slo; February 28, 2019, 12:57 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

SLO, it’s crazy how some people think everyone drinks and that a good prize would be Alcohol. That is so annoying.

Belle, I am glad today is better for you. So goood you didn’t drink.
          Byrdie, mmmm chocolate ice cream, sometimes you just have to do it.

I am jealous of you G, getting to jump in the ocean, and Ava with a 34C temp. It is warmer here today -5c but going into a -30c deep freeze tomorrow.

Ava, I am glad things are going well with your job. That is good news
          Hello Hyper and TJAF, glad you are checking in and are sober. We can do it!

Hello LC.

Have a great day. Don’t drink today.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hey nesters.
            Checking in. Made it through another day. Glad tomorrow is Friday. Hugs to all, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Oh yes we are expecting 3" of snow tonight, ugh. Who ordered that stuff? LOL

TJ, great to see you as always & glad to hear you are doing well.
              I can't believe I'm coming up on 10 years in a few weeks ~ time flies

Slo, when my kids were in school I made myself known, often. I'm pretty sure I would have lodged a complaint about the alcohol gifts, that's just such a bad example for the kids. Let them know in writing that you object to the whole idea & you will not participate

Hello to narilly, Byrdie & everyone.
              Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hypernova - great to see you and glad to hear you're coming up on 2 months! Yep, learning to be ok with however things do or don't turn out can be one of the hardest and yet most rewarding parts of quitting. You've got this! Hang in there through the winter blues - spring has to be around the corner soon, right?

TJ - awesome to see you too! So glad you stopped by.

Slo - that's just bizarre that they'd think having all bottles of al as prizes for anything, let alone for a high school athletic team fundraiser, is a good idea. That actually makes me sad. Sounds like a good event to stay away from.

Byrdie - your work environment does sound hostile and toxic. Maybe it's time to have a chat with the universe and see whether some other opportunity could present itself to you? For now, hugs and TGIF to you!

Things are going well here, although I'm definitely wishing I had a clone (or some additional help). It doesn't take twice as long when you're caring for someone recovering from surgery - it takes at least THREE times as long! I am thanking myself over and over that I had the foresight to lighten my workload before the surgery. Otherwise I'd really be crying right about now. The good news is that there is NO temptation to drink - for one I have to be alert and available on a moment's notice, and for another there simply isn't time. I'm counting that as a good thing, even though I haven't been tempted to drink in a long while.

Ok, off to do a bit of mindless netflix watching or similar then time to hit the hay. Good nights and days to all of you!
                Last edited by wagmor; March 1, 2019, 07:57 AM.
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Checking in - so glad it’s nearly Friday! It’s been a focused work week with trying to tie up old projects and beginning the new big one. Feeling good and pleasantly wiped. So glad I don’t try to burn the midnight hours much any more. Was that the trigger or excuse to drink? Maybe both.

Anyway... happy weekend everyone.

Always glad to see you stop in TJAF.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Morning nester,yep feels like the longest/hardest week in history-i agree Wags,glad everything is going smooth at home,Slo,odd for a school prize to be al but honestly doesn't surprise me these days,Lav,the chicks are cute! TJAF great to see you,Belle,how's your daughter doing? Tired here this morning and I swear I could just cuddle up in bed all day! Wishes for a happy AF Friday for us all!
                    Last edited by paulywogg; March 1, 2019, 09:19 AM.
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wags, this really is a hostile work environment. I've never seen anything like it. When I started the job almost 3 years ago, it was a very different place. It goes to show you the importance of leadership. I'm on Linked In and so many times I see the meme go by, 'People don't leave bad jobs they leave bad managers'. So true. For many months, we had no manager and that's when things really went off the rails. Now that we have a weak one, he can't seem to right the ship. He's getting sucked under, too. He's a nice guy, but not sure he's a leader. That Hag Admin? Now THERE'S a leader. Ha!
                      I can't tell you how happy I am that it's Friday....but it's NOT a ticket to BoozeVille! Hugs to all and happy Friday! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, Kensho, TGIF!! Actually Friday is just like any other day for me right now because I am unemployed. I am trying to enjoy it because I will be working soon enough. I agree about bad managers, the last two jobs I had were basically the same, I loved one and hated the other and it was ALL because of the manager.
                        Wags, sounds like you are doing a great job. Can you imagine how hard it would be if you were drinking? Way to go!

Lav, yeah snow, I get it. Keep those chickies warm.

Come over here Pauly and we can cuddle up together, haha. It is going down to the -30's tonight, so I can use some body heat. I am driving up North to Edmonton today and it is even colder there, my cousin needs a ride up. So I have been checking the roads and everything looks good. It is always a bit of a safety concern when the temps are so low. You guys probably don't think of these kinds of things.
                        I will have a safety kit in my car: blanket, candle, matches, snow pants, water. (No booze)
                        It would be nice just to put on my flip flops and run out of the house- right Ava, G?

Anyway, I am going for breakfast with my hubs and then I am off. Have a great day everyone- Don't drink today.
                        Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

It’s very dangerous to be out traveling in those temperatures, Narilly! I’m glad you Canadians know how to take precautions.

A hostile work environment is the name for it for sure, Byrdie. I’m sorry you’re in such a negative environment. Time for those commissions to come rolling in alright already.

I’m glad you had the foresight to lighten your workload to take care of your partner through this surgery, Wagmor. My husband wouldn’t have done that for me. But luckily my twin sister came & took good care of me when I had that surgery.
                          Now it’s my turn to take care of her, as she had a seizure yesterday r/t alcoholism, and is now hospitalized. The physical ravages to her body from alcoholism are getting severe. So the opportunity is here now to try to turn this around! A last ditch effort, or alcohol will claim another victim.
                          Please pray for her.
                          Last edited by Slo; March 1, 2019, 12:38 PM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Oh Slo I'm so sorry about your sister I hope she's OK,I'm sure a lot of us could feel the breakdown in our bodies caused by stupid alcohol, I know I could,pain in my liver area,a very upset stomach,burning intestines,etc,thinking of you and your sister is in my prayers Narilly,be careful out there,sounds awful!
                            Last edited by paulywogg; March 1, 2019, 01:11 PM.
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

SLO, when you mentioned you had a twin sister, I was going to ask you if she might have an AL issue, too. With all my recent genetic surprises, I am fascinated by the whole nature vs nurture thing. I was sorry to read that she does have serious issues. I hope she can get things turned around. Thinking of you. Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

SLO, I hope your sister is going to be ok. Big hugs from me.

Pauly it is crazy this weather but we take it in stride. I am nice and warm in my hotel room, it’s all good.

My cousins are meeting me tonight with wine and cheese. I say NO to the wine, I brought some bottles of
                                Pellegrino to drink.

Talk soon.
                                Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X