Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Morning nesters

Wags, take some you time out, you cant do this all yourself, get out and have a coffee for an hour and keep smiling.

Slo, so sad about your sister, my brother died from al, his body shut down finally, he was 46. Funny thing is i swore to myself i would never get THAT bad but how bad is bad. I have my fingers and toes crossed for her recovery and to see how its done through you.

Belle, well if you want a 25 year old son, send me your address. 7.15am i walk out this morning and bedroom door open and he and his gf going for it. mmm not sure why they could not close the door as they know i get up early. She reminded me of the movie "when harry met sally" so after making a lot of noise and still not effort to close the door i went for a walk. the door was closed when i came home, impressed about that one. they did eventually come out when his friends came over and i think the straw that broke the camels back was when i said something and she laughed. well what came out of my mouth was no laughing matter. how hard is it to show respect. She is now going home and my son tells me that "i used to do that", ummm no i didnt. i think i have had 3 men in my house in 11 years. God i so had to vent that one out. I think i need to live alone and experience the empty nest syndrome with a smile on my face.

We are having some hot days atm which is not making me any happier and i had a pap smear the other day and have a call back to go to the drs which i am going to do tomorrow. i think that back in the day i would have drank at that one. Now its what will be will be.

Nar OMG -30 thats silly, mind you 38 degrees today is silly too.

going to paint my fingernails and drink more coffee, house is suprisingly quiet for some reason, as it should be.

take care xx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Woke up to about 3" of snow. The local kids (including my grandsons) were happy ~ no school.
      Another 2-4" due tonight AND a big storm sometime on Sunday. We don't need this I swear.

Slo, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she is OK & you can share some wisdom & strength with her. Will be thinking about both of you this weekend :hug:

Narilly, I hate that feeling of your car being 'frozen' when it actually isn't. I imagine your cars know that feeling very well. Enjoy your time with your cousins & enjoy the Pellegrino

Byrdie, time to open your bakery, honestly! I would be happy to be a regular customer provided you don't mind shipping
      I hope the weekend is peaceful for you.

Wags, I know it isn't easy taking care of someone at home without any help. Geez, even as an RN I had a hard time handling my parents during their final months.
      I'm sure you are doing your best & I hope you are appreciated Take care of yourself too. Don't feel bad about putting off things that will wait.

Kensho, I hope you have a relaxing weekend, sounds like you could use one.

Pauly, be glad you aren't an east coast dweller this weekend, haha!! Stay warm!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hola evabody,

Slo, sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she recovers fully and will be ok. Take care of you too.

Byrdy, sheesh kebab!

Narilly, today's it's 36C. Off to the beach for me! I'll be thinking of you as i dive in. :happy2: Keep warm mi amiga.

Ava, all the best at the docs.

All's ok here. Big waves to all. Take care out there.
        Last edited by Guitarista; March 1, 2019, 07:53 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Look at Mr.G braggin about going to the beach,I'm jealous haha Ava,every time I read about your brother I get so sad,how bad is THAT bad isn't the question cuz alcohol has killed some people I know that weren't even super heavy drinkers,that shit just destroys the body! How's little Carl? Byrdie,I hope you're able to relax this weekend Slo,how's your sister doing? I hope OK,raining in Vegas again, it's been alot for us this year,Narilly,I say screw the wine but I'd be piggin out on all the cheese,yum! Waves to all and have a fab AF Saturday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I came across this today and really liked the message for anyone who is questioning whether they have a problem:Twitter

You've got your support here [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] as you go through this hard time with your twin sister :hug:.

What’s up [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]? Please don’t go missing on us.xx

Comment

Hi Nest,
              Just popping in to say hello to all and check in. I passed the 30 day mark, but I know that it is only the beginning.

Mr G you crack me up. and I am jealous of jumping in the water at 36C. (tho that is a bit extreme)

Wags, I echo what others have said. don't forget to take care of yourself.

oh Ava...sorry you had to see that. going for a walk was a good idea. I think my daughter and bf learned a lesson that day and have been much more discreet ever since. Hope all goes well for you with the Pap smear thing. I feel that I am getting to the age that health things which would have put me over the edge in my earlier years don't bother me so much now...case in point the skin cancer thing. I have a work mate whose daughter is in the same boat as you, but she is only 30. I still cringe when I see a dr calling me after some test...as they rarely call with 'good news'.

Byrdie...I don't know how you do it. I have a job, but I call it a fake job. i actually go there to calm myself. I can't imagine taking all that pressure at my age (which is just a bit older than you, I believe).

Lav...I think we live in the same weather environment and it looks like another storm possibility this Sunday. It is march is it not? what is going on???

time to mix daughter's first concoction to get her bowels cleaned out. Miralax and gatorade. then ex-lax tonight. I sure hope this works.

take care all...
              BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Sis and I had a nice conversation with our new first cousins today. They are the daughters of the older brother of my bio dad. Very welcoming and couldn’t be nicer. They can’t understand the behavior of our new half siblings, either. In fact, they haven’t returned their calls either. So that was interesting. It was great to speak with them.
                Otherwise, had a relaxing day, just what the dr ordered! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I don't know where last night's snow went - it never got here. Tomorrow into Monday sounds like a completely different story though, ugh.

Belle, I think we do have very similar weather & I'm ready for winter to get over & done with, geez.
                  I hope your daughter handles her cleanse with grace, if that's even possible haha! I wish her luck

Byrdie, good you are making some headway with your new cousins. There's no reason for people to be resentful, you guys had nothing to do with this - right? The elders are the ones who have problems, not you guys. Relax & enjoy your weekend.

NS, I saw that same message earlier today & couldn't agree more

Pauly, maybe the wet weather will keep the allergens at a lower than usual level. That would be nice, huh?

G, I hope you had a great dip in the pond

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

That quote really captures it for us, NS! A nice quick mantra when needed too. Thanks for that.

Belle, a nice accomplishment to get over that “30 day” mark! Now just keep “moving forward”...

Ava, I often think I’m gonna scream too if I have to hear that overused “moving forward” phrase again.
                    Thanks for venting your story out, and reminding us all that the empty nest can be a good thing!!

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], going through a lot of papers & tossing sentimental things is just too hard at the beginning of a quit, IMO. Best to stick to culling neutral items such as dish towels at this point.
                    It’s ok if you’re struggling, and it’s ok if you can’t post every day -no pressure. It’s your path out, and none of us are in a position to judge as we all have this same condition.

They drained a lot of the ascites fluid build-up out of my sister’s belly today, so she’s somewhat more comfortable now, and can breathe better.
                    Yes, my twin & I are both alcoholic, and share/shared identical nature & nurture.
                    I often remember about how your brother died, Ava, and how hard that was on you. And how we both have siblings who struggled first & worst with this, then our turn came.

Byrdie, so the half-brother’s daughters are in touch with you, but not their dad? It is so fascinating to see the interplay of shared genetics, and fun for you to see with the new relation that you are discovering.
                    Last edited by Slo; March 3, 2019, 06:26 AM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hi Nesters,

Sorry I've been MIA again.. I've had such a hard time getting my mind back in the right spot and couldn't stand to hear myself talk. I'm trying right now not to self analyse or question anything. Just doing what I need to do each day to keep my head in the right place. To choose life over hiding and drinking.

Slo, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.. such a sad and painful story.:hug:
                      Belle, well done on getting your over 30 days..

Hugs and love to all of you!xx

Comment

Hola friends,

Hi Belle, 30 days! Wowza. Congratulations!

Slo, i hope your sister is doing ok. When someone we love is in the grip of booze, it's so hard to watch as we know to well that only they can want to change. Take care over there.

Good to see you LC. Choosing life over hiding and drinking is what i am doing also. If i have to fake it to make it until my perspective returns, then i do. I think the attitude/phrase often mentioned here of 'don't drink no matter what' is a good one to remember. Ok, it's so simple and not always easy, but there it is in all its glory and simplicity. If that's my bottom line, the line in the sand i've drawn for myself, the line i have agreed with me myself and i not to cross, the commitment i've made to myself in the name of self care, self respect, then i'm tipping with practice that can become a more comfortable no go zone. I dunno, i'm just yappin. :happy2:

Nice catch up there Byrdy! Must be a bit of a relief also? What a blast it must be overall.

Hope y'all are keeping warm and comfy there Lav. Yep, the dip in the bay and some swimming out amongst the big slow gentle current and critters is always rejuvenating.

Big waves to evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Greeting Nesters,

Sitting in my cozy living room avoiding the snow at all costs, haha!! It's been snowing heavily for the past 5 hours & looks like it's going to continue until ??
                          I have an appointment at 8:30 tomorrow morning but I'm thinking that won't happen

LC, glad you checked in with us. Have you actually addressed your anxiety with anyone? A doc or a therapist?
                          I know from personal experience anxiety can really kick your ass so I hope you can get some relief soon :hug:

Slo, it's good that your sister has gotten a reprieve & is breathing easier. Unfortunately that fluid will continue to build up unless she makes some radical changes. I'll keep both of you in my thoughts & pray for a good outcome.

G, there will be no swimming around here for the foreseeable future so you just go & enjoy yourself

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all! It's way too cold to fall out of the nest tonight

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

afternoon nesters

Yes Pauly, how bad is that bad, i know when i came on here in 2011 and i was so not THAT bad as some on here lol. my 2 bottles a day was tame compared to some so i really didnt have a problem. FFS how that alky brain works. Carl is a terror on 4 legs, pic to come.

Great work on 30 days plus Belle, there is lots in the world tempting us to drink but it is so not worth it. Hope your daughters cleanse went ok.

Slo, glad to hear your sister is comfortable, is she home yet? i know no amount of harping at my brother made any difference, alcohol won in the end. i wish he had the resources that are now available instead of it being hidden. We are the lucky ones and i appreciate that each day and i know how hard it would be to fall into the rabbit hole if i let it.

NS good to see you posting, i cant say i envy you atm but look for the positives in life and be grateful for the small things you have. if you ponder on drinking you will think why bother to give up as i cant. You can and you will. I sometimes think i was lucky to have a few relapses before i stopped for good but for some reason it was my time but i have worked very hard to be where i am now and i still work to stay sober each day. I think i just got sick of doing what i was doing and realised enough was enough. hugs to you.

Well the drs............ i received my text to say come in, i went in and my dr asked what i was doing there. i said that you told me if i had an abnormal pap smear i would get a text and i did so that is why i was there. she said did i click on the link in the text........well of course not i dont do links and it was a review for my HRT, my pap smear was fine. oops and she laughed at me. so all fine with that.

The heat has been awful here and whilst G can go swimming, i cannot go in the sun anymore and our beaches have sand (yuk) and salt water (yuk). I have managed to go walking very early which has been nice.

I did manage to see an ad on tv the other night made by the cancer council of Australia demonstrating the dangers of drinking saying it can cause cancer etc. a very good ad but it was on at 11.30pm. mmmm well i wonder who would see that except drunk people. At least it was on i suppose.

Here is a photo of carl, he is 9 weeks now and reminds me a lot of a 2 year old.

1551489950619.jpg

take care xx
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Belle,congrats on over 30 days Ava,glad everything is OK with the docs,Carl is a doll! LC,hope all is well,I hate anxiety too,sometimes I get it so bad it feels like my hearts beating outta my chest yet when I check fitbit(has a heart rate thing on it) it's fine,so weird,Byrdie,glad you had a nice get together, Slo,glad your sister is feeling better,waves to all and wishes for a happy AF day
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

I am back from my weekend away. It was fun and relaxing, and wonderful to see old friends again. One of them doesn't drink, so we went on an adventure while the other three went wine tasting. We all laughed, ate, laughed, ate, and laughed and ate some more. It is so great to have old friends in your life...

Slo, so sorry about your sister. I hope she is ok. Was the seizure caused by trying to go cold turkey, or do you know? How terrible for her and your family.

LC - Glad you're still here. One thing that helped me was reading old posts that I wrote when I was in the beginning of this. Maybe dig out the bathtub post - that writing might help you remember where you were and what you DON'T want to feel like. Or conjure that feeling you had hiking in Arizona? The freedom and well-being you talked about. You got this, I know.

Ava, Hah, that is a funny story. Click the link - good advice. Carl is so adorable. Does he sleep through the night? I can't believe your son's gf got cheeky with you (after you were exposed to her cheeks). I would have run away with my tail between my legs. Parenting never stops...

Nar - that is COLD! I really can't imagine. Traveling in that cold must be scary - glad you have your snow pants...

Pauly - how weird that it is raining that much in Las Vegas. I imagine that you'll have beautiful wild flowers this spring, or is that just on the nature shows?

Mr. G - love your message. Sometimes it does take digging deep.

NS - a great post to share. I love following sober people on social media - I admire them for being out loud and proud.

Hi, Lav and Byrdie - Hope all is well. Hi everyone else, sorry I missed naming you all.

I have to run - I need to get to work early.

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X