Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

hi Nesters,

plodding along and staying positive, one hour at a time..
    Ava, I think you meant LC instead of NS..:hug: I'm glad to hear your pap was normal.. and Carl is such a honey.
    Thanks for the support, G, Lav and Pauly..
    I'm not sure what to do differently. I'm just focussing on where I am and what I have to do.. and taking care of myself.

Love to all of you and wishing you a good Monday..xx

Comment

LC! That’s right, keep everything in your life as simple as possible and simply plod along, one day at a time.

Pav, thank you for showing us how it’s done; that you can still have fun and still go away with friends for the weekend even though AF. You too, Narilly, with your weekend away with your drinking cousins.

Lav, I’m afraid that the fluid that was removed from my sister’s belly wasn’t the quality of normal ascitic fluid. It was dark, foul, & ominous.

G-man & Ava, thank you for for your understanding that you can’t save other people, and you can’t stop anyone else from drinking. It has been a lesson that I’ve had to learn over the last decade or more. It is true that alcohol does promote cancer. Good that they have a public ad campaign going on in Australia now to inform people of that. Sometimes when somebody tries to slowly drink themselves to death, what happens instead is they end up with cancer.
      Last edited by Slo; March 4, 2019, 10:24 AM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Happy Un Hung Monday everyone.

Cute puppy Ava, glad the pap was normal.

Slo, so sorry about your sister. That is really terrible.

Well, I am back at home and it is nice. While I was gone my husband got drunk with his buddy and did not come home one night. Thank goodness my son was here to take care of the dogs. Hubby came home the next morning but was hungover all day. So when I got back yesterday I could see that he had not put away any of his laundry I had left for him and a whole bunch of other stuff was not done. The guy really needs to quit drinking, ugh. Thank goodness he does not drink at home and rarely goes out.

Hey Pav, I am glad you had a nice weekend with friends, that is so fun.

Lav, hang in there with the snow. We have lots of snow on the ground but it hasn't snowed in awhile. It is actually supposed to warm up this week so we have a reason to stay alive.

Life, you are doing great. Keep on going girl!

Have a great day everyone. Don't drink today.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hola from over here,

Have a great week everyone.

Good news with doc Ava. Carl looks like he has no good on his mind!

Keep on the path of truth LC.

Slo, hope your sis is feeling better.

Big waves to evabody. Off to work for me.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Well our snow turned into rain overnight, that was a surprise. So most of the snow was washed away & what was left had a crunchy topping, LOL
            It's supposed to be very cold the next few days so I guess spring will have to wait!

Ava, glad everything is OK with you. Carl looks like he's going to be a challenge at some point, haha!!

Slo, have your sister's doctors put together a plan for her care? Still thinking about both of you :hug:

Pav, glad you had a great weekend!

Hi there Pauly, G & Narilly!

LC, keep hanging in there, everything is going to be OK. I had to throw a lot of trust to the universe myself a while back. Keeping the faith that everything is unfolding just the way it's supposed to kept me going

Hello to Byrdie, wags & everyone. Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

LC, when I read your message about taking it one hour at a time, that is how I, approaching this job. Some days it takes everything I can do to make it. I’m pulling for you and hope it gets easier to be AF.
              Trying to unwind now and wishing everyone a cozy night. Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, all:
                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] - all you can do is take care of yourself. It feels like plodding sometimes, but it also feels like freedom sometimes. More and more.

Nar - Sorry about your husband. Glad you're home safely.

I have to run this morning. I have a lot going on and will have to remember gratitude today. Grateful for all of you and your support.

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                  I'm not sure what to do differently. I'm just focussing on where I am and what I have to do.. and taking care of myself.
                  The best thing you can do to take care of yourself, LC, is not to drink. It wrecks you each time you do it.

One thing I did was to promise myself to either post here or contact a sober buddy BEFORE I drank, no matter what.

You have my number. Text me. xx

Comment

Slo, I am so sorry about your situation.
                    I think about people who don't stop drinking and where it ultimately leads. There are so many people that die early due to alcohol and that is one of the things I tell myself when I am feeling like I need a drink. I tell myself- "you will die way earlier if you start drinking again. Is it worth it?" The answer is: NO it is not worth it

DO not drink everyone. LC, please reach out to any of us anytime if you are having trouble. xo

Byrdie, my heart goes out to you. I have been in that place so many times. Soon this shitty job will be a distant memory but I know its not soon enough!

Lav- rain? lol Crazy weather these days.

Pav, I am sorry about my husband too...haha I am grateful for this sober day too.
                    I am taking my MIL to the doctor, she fell the other day and now is having trouble moving. It is the worst when seniors start falling, its kind of a steep decline after that especially when they are breaking bones.
                    Lucky I am not working so I can do this.

I just had a nice breakfast with my son- he is going climbing and then to work. He hardly drinks now which is SO good. His girlfriend doesn't drink much and is such a good influence on him. I always thought he would drink like I did where I partied every weekend no matter what but he isn't doing that. Maybe all my freaking out about his drinking paid off. Thank Goodness.

Ava, love the puppy, Carl is the cutest guy ever. I heart Carl.
                    Last edited by narilly; March 5, 2019, 05:07 PM.
                    Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good Fat Tuesday evening Nesters

OK, so I had a few cookies today but that’s the extent of my mardi gras celebration, haha!!!
                      Chilly here today but sunny. Tomorrow we dip down to single digit wind chill, Brrrrrr

Nar, I look at your sig line & have to agree, we can have the life we want if we don’t drink.
                      Well, we still have husbands who do stupid things but we learn to ignore that stuff, right? I hope your MIL is OK after her fall. We used to call that the ‘slippery slope’ when I was working. They fall & fracture a hip or something, lose their mobility, end up in nursing homes, ugh.

NS, Pav, Byrdie & everyone - hello

LC, please know we are all here & in this together. Whatever we can do to help, please just let us know :hug:

Have a safe night in the nest everyone!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you, Nar. This job really is unbelievable, even a not so bad day is heiness.
                        Dont drink, no matter what! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Nataly Dawn singing Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk, by Rufus Wainwright - YouTube

Comment

Well right now I have this ‘kid’ in my house who needs a place to stay. He is my son’s high school friend and is now 22 years old. He did not finish high school, abuses alcohol and drugs, has been in jail on and off for the past two years and is staying at the homeless shelter. He asked to stay here but I told him No.
                            Now he is using my phone and computer looking for a place to stay tonight. I think he has fetal alcohol syndrome, poor kid. I can’t let him stay because I don’t trust him so I am waiting impatiently for him to get sorted and leave.
                            Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

You’re being put in a tough spot there, narilly, but you have good boundaries. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is another reason to put on the list of Why Drinking is Not a Good Thing.

Byrdie, it is just amazing to me how awful the world of work can be. I look forward to when that job is a distant nightmare.

Pav, my sister’s seizure may have been from withdrawal, but I think it was from dehydration and low potassium level and whatever else was off.
                              Lav, she has a team of doctors who are working to stabilize her and come up with a complete diagnosis and a plan.
                              You’re right, the abdominal fluid built back up again, and more will be withdrawn tomorrow.

My husband has been leaving this fancy bottle of whiskey (that is our required donation to the high school swim team raffle baskets) out and prominently displayed like a centerpiece in our room with the sunlight dappling off of it. I finally put it in his closet. It’s annoying me, even though thankfully it wasn’t my drink of choice.

Thinking of you, LC, and wishing you well.
                              Pav, I agree: it feels more & more like freedom!
                              Last edited by Slo; March 5, 2019, 11:38 PM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I drove him to the homeless shelter. Ugh I have been helping this kid on and off for the last 8 years. I don’t see him getting better.

Good for you Slo, Putting away the whiskey bottle. It’s easier when it’s not your drink of choice.

I am going to wake up early and go swimming. We have a nice warm, indoor salt water pool. It is lovely.
                                Goodnight xo
                                Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X