Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good morning! Pav, that’s pretty cool you could relate a bit of your story to a staff member. We never know how we help other people. I bet he was relieved to talk to you and know there are people in the same spot.

Thanks on the good wishes. I am trying to stay upbeat but sometimes I catch myself getting negative. I know this is temporary and I will get a job soon enough. I am so glad I am not dealing with a hangover while I am job hunting, that really would get me down.

Nice to see you LC, keep checking in

Well I am off to go downtown, gotta keep networking!

Don’t drink today.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Bless you, Pav. That’s a lot of socializing! I couldn’t do it.
      How helpful for that staff member that he had someone who understands in whom he could confide.

It’s so hard to wait, Narilly, and especially for a job that you really want! Meanwhile you’re there to care for your MIL, and give attention to your mom. That’s meaningful contribution too.

Hi LC! TGIF soon!

I think it’s true that people don’t tend to appreciate all their parents sacrificed for them until looking back from adulthood with perspective and wiser eyes. I know I didn’t.
      Belle, I’m sure your son knows on some level that you have his back, and very much appreciates that. Keep a step back though and don’t take total ownership of his problem.
      Warm baths help me to de-stress too!

Lav, glad the boys got home to their own beds the next night.

Thinking of you all and wishing you a good evening!
      Last edited by Slo; March 21, 2019, 07:57 PM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

It's raining cats & dogs here (such a stupid phrase but you know what I mean)
        I am not childless tonight the boys are back but will be picked up before bedtime. At least that's the plan, haha!!

Pav, you are one busy lady - geez!
        Take care of you as well & the weekend is almost here.

LC, you sound busy too, hope you are OK.

Hi Narilly, Wags & Slo.
        Byrdie, I keep missing you, hope you are well. Hello to the rets of the crew too.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

afternoon nesters

Just a quick note to let you all know that i had to put mads to sleep today. That wasnt my plan when i woke up but she deteriorated so very quickly. She was my world and my confidante for 16 years. I am shattered but she is in no pain now.

Take care xx

1525573460259.jpg
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava, I’m sorry for how sad I know you are. You gave her such kindness to the very last minute. What a lucky dog. (((Hugs)))
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Oh, my heart goes out to you, dear Ava.. she was such a sweet little being and such an important part of your life. Hugs and love to you.
              Last edited by lifechange; March 22, 2019, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Ava — my heart goes out to you sweet lady. I know how much you love Mads, and how much she loved you too. That warm, unconditional love for our sweet, furry children is like no other. How very special for you, and Mads, that you two got to spend more than five sober years together. All those special memories are, and will be, available for recall any time you need a Mads hug. Praying for peace and joy for you and sending love.
                ML
                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

So sorry to hear Ava. She sounded like such a great dog. Take care of yourself.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Such sad news Ava...I dread the day when Hank is no longer by my side....
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION], I'm so sorry it was time for you to let Mads go :hug:. Our pups teach us so many lessons about love, life, and loss but this one is so tough. xx, NS

Comment

Ava - hugs from across the ocean. You and Mads were such a sweet duo. She is lucky to have found you for her time here. MUCH LOVE. xo

Comment

:hug:Ava:hug: I'm so sorry you had to have Mads put down,very sad news
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ava - I'm so sorry and saddened to hear the news about Mads. She definitely knew love right to the very end, and you've been such a good doggie mama for her and Carl. I think this is one of the hardest human experiences, and I hope you find some gentle comfort in your memories and pics of her. Hug Carl a bit tighter tonight, and please stay close to the nest. We're all here for you :hug: :heartbeat:
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Ava, this is heartbreaking news. No amount of 'knowing it's coming' prepares you for it. Pain is the price of love, they say, but it is still hard as can be. Please know we are circling around you with our thoughts and we hope you can find comfort in knowing you are amoung friends. Love you, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Ava,:hug: I am sorry to hear about Mads. She was a great companion for sure xo

Love you,
                                M
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X