X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good Hump day evening Nesters,

We had a nice spring day here in cow country, finally
    The chickens enjoyed themselves to the point where I had to insist they go in at 7:30.....I was tired of waiting, haha! My neighbor across the road just told me they spotted a coyote at the end of their driveway a few days ago. Last summer we were plagued with foxes stealing our chickens (and snakes freaking me out) now we have to deal with coyotes Never had this problem while my big dog was still around, hmm.

Byrdie, I think Hag needs a few specially placed pins, LOL
    She really must enjoy her position!!!

Belle, glad to see you checking in. Don't stress yourself about college visits yet for your sophomore. She'll change her mind many times before she chooses anyway.

Pav, G, hope you both had a good day!

New Sunrise, Congrats on your 7 AF days :welldone:
    It's a good feeling so keep moving forward & have no regrets ever!

Tomorrow I will be getting my grandsons from the school bus & bringing them here for a few hours. I am so grateful that I am able to do things like this. If I had continued on the path I was on things like this would not be happening. No regrets for me

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone, I am preparing for my interview tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.

I will do a better post tomorrow. I will get this job because you all sent me so many good wishes xoxo xoxo

Talk tomorrow.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
        I tell you, I am waiting for Alan Funt to come out and tell me I’m on Candid Camera.
        :harhar:

Go git em Narilly!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Narilly,hope it goes well
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thank you all! One whole week was a real accomplishment, even if daughter got mad at me last night. She was not really mad but I am doing nothing for her diet. I celebrated by going to our local bakery and buying the best d*mn brownie bites I have ever had. They are the kind that are cooked all the way through but still soft enough that they are almost doughy. To top that they give you some whip cream dipping to go with it. This is on no ones diet at all! I did it though and had to celebrate.

G, I do need to find a niche here and get busier. My neck really limited me to what I could do but I am healing really well and will be 100% soon. I know I can volunteer at the local school next fall, so that is something that will get my foot in the door, make more friends and hear about openings. I don't want to work full time again, but it is too quiet around here, which can be good and bad at the same time. Getting a teaching position in this area is difficult because they don't have the turn over like the city schools do. You almost have to be willed a position. I will do what I can and leave the rest to God.

Byrd, thanks for the salute! I will take it and keep shining.

Hubby coming home today, woohoo. He will not be home till about 9 pm our time, flying all day long. It will be great to have him home but now he will have to wrestle with the cat for his spot on the bed. The cat has taken over his pillow and I don't think he will willingly give it up.

Have a great day everyone! Starting week 2 for me!

Comment

Congratulations, [MENTION=24351]New Sunrise[/MENTION]!
              Did you mention you like to do crafts? Maybe there is an art or quilt guild in your area you could join to meet people with similar interests. I used to belong to a quilting group and really enjoyed it but that was one of the many things I drifted away from when drinking became my main evening activity. My life is going to calm down in the next couple months and I'm thinking of going back.

Hope your interview goes well [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]. They will be lucky to have you :smile:.
              [MENTION=11704]Byrdlady[/MENTION], your employers do not at all deserve you!! I will be so glad when you quit and become a baker!! I promise I will order cookies (even if I don't eat them :wink.

Comment

Hi, all,

CONGRATULATIONS, New Sunrise. Keep on keepin' on.

Nar - MORE positive vibes coming north...

Byrdie - you should write all of this down. It reads like a season of the Office. You hear about corporations that operate like that - it is truly unbelievable that it can survive... (and I'll buy cookies, too!)

Lav - I'd be with your chickens out in the warm daylight as much as possible! We have a lot of coyotes here in my area as well - co-existing with wildlife is cool but no joke.

Happy SOBER Thursday,
                Pav

Comment

Morning nesters

Congratulations on 7 days Sunrise and what a great way to celebrate with brownies.

Nar i hope the job interview went well for you, everything is crossed. you can come and work with me if all else fails!

NS there was so much i stopped when drinking got in the way. How times have changed.

TFIF here, i am working from home today. its been 2 weeks since mads died and i just dont feel peopley at all. Its hard putting that happy face on when you just want to be home but for my mental health its essential i work. Im about to go for a nice long walk before it gets too hot. Our weather is up and down like a yo yo atm. 27 today and 15 at some stage next week.

take care xx
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hola nesters!

Sunrise, it just occured to me there is a huge online/skype style teaching industry out there. Especially english. A lot of opportunities from China. Just one idea. You could set up a volunteer venture, or git paid for it. Keep up the great work and safe travels to hubs.

How'd ya go Narilly?

Byrdy. I reckon it's time to leave that circus behind. They'll self implode soon enough. The hag will likely move on to something else oblivious. lol. Life is short and you are a gifted and skilled human. Humanity needs you operating at a higher frequency.

Hope you have an easy day Ava.

Big waves to evabody. It's day &^%$! over here, but who's countin.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hope your interview went great today, Narilly!

Byrdie, I think that Hag misinforms you just for sadistic fun.

That’s a big adjustment you have with your move of 6 months ago, Sunrise! It’s good that your daughter is there with you too.

I had another happy happenstance while on family vacation: the area beaches there no longer allow alcohol on the beach because they were having too many problems with all the drunk college kids there on Spring Break!
                      It was a much nicer atmosphere: lots of little kids on the beach; respectful, nice college kids who would just walk the beach together or play volleyball; and, my husband couldn’t drag a cooler of beer down to the beach each day, so I didn’t have to be around it all day long!

G-man, sounds like you have so many days that you can’t even keep track of them anymore! That’s a good place to be.

Hope you’re having a nice evening with the boys, Lav, feeding them & getting the homework done.

Shout out to Pauly, Ava, Pav, Kensho, Belle, Wagmor, NS & everyone too!
                      Last edited by Slo; April 4, 2019, 10:04 PM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I appreciate all the kind words. Yes, I think the place IS going to implode. I was talking to the other rep who is testing out this new procedure with me, he said, he was adapting and while it was more steps for us, he thought he could do it. I asked if if he knew he had 3 jobs sitting in the ‘approved file’. He said, yes, I turned then in on Monday. I said you have to retrieve them, copy them back to your documents, get them in order, then put them in a Zip file then send them to the Hag and credit just like always. He was in disbelief. The whole purpose of this experiment was to make things easier but it turns out it is about 5 additional steps for us. Good grief it’s becoming almost laughable. What else can they push on to the sales team. Shaking my head.
                        Glad I don’t drink.
                        New Sun, I ate 6 Robins eggs this afternoon, felt guilty about it but I really enjoyed them. Your brownie description made my mouth water!
                        Hugs to all, Byrdie
                        Last edited by Byrdlady; April 5, 2019, 11:24 AM.
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

If there's any of those brownies left I wouldn't mind one
                          Finally got my grandsons out of here at 9:30 - kind of late for a school night but what can you do? The younger one had some sort of melt down at school this afternoon & they refused to put him on the school bus so we had to go pick him up ourselves. Poor kid, he's got some difficulties where his older brother just seems to sail thru everything with no problem.

Since it's so late I'll just say hello to all & wish for a safe night in the nest for all of us!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Nar - hoping today's interview went swimmingly and you got/get the job if you want it. I always think of interviews as an opportunity for *me* to interview *them* as well, checking to see whether it's a good fit overall. Looking forward to your update.

Lav - hope you enjoyed the time with your grandsons. They sound quite different from each other, and hopefully they have a tight bond and can use their differences to help each other as they grow up.

Byrdie - I'd buy from you too the minute you decide to quit and become a baker. How many more customers would you need to make this happen?

Sunrise - congrats on your week and hope you liked the moon from prize patrol aka Byrdie

Slo - that's a fantastic change to have no alcohol on the beach. I love it!

Ava - thinking of you, Carl, and memories of Mads. Good for you on working from home, and glad you have that option :hug:

Hellos and waves to NS, G-man, Pav, Belle, LC (where are you???), Kensho, Pauly, and everyone else passing through the nest. It's almost the freakin' weekend with no trains to boozeville in sight!
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Lav, my two are like that, too. The older just sort of glided through life, and the younger one is like velcro - he keeps getting snagged on things. Ultimately, they'll be fine. They get along, and support each other even though they are so different. I have two siblings and one I get along with and she's my friend. The other one not as much. We talk and we laugh when we're together, but neither of us makes an effort to see or talk outside of family stuff. I guess that's ok.

Our meeting went well yesterday. I feel like I've been hit by a truck, though - I am exhausted. I need this weekend.

I agree, LC, we miss you and hope you're ok.

xo
                              Pav

Comment

New Sunrise, eat up! It is a great substitute for drinking when you first quit. You can always diet later. Chocolate baked goods are still my go-to when I feel that “I need a reward” thing… WAY TO GO on one solid week!!! Keep using your tools and make it 2!

Ava, I’ve been thinking about you, sending hugs across the ocean. Enjoy your wild autumn weather.

Byrdie, do you mind me asking why you stay working at that circus? And where on earth did you get Robin eggs to eat?

LAV, our kids are so different too! They have such different strengths and weaknesses. It’s definitely NOT one size fits all adventure, this parenting (and grandparenting) thing!

PAV, that truck visited me last night too. I’m pooped.

NS, does that book explain other ways to “normalize” the biochemical deficiencies that some of us have (other than using substances)?

G, you are sounding particularly balanced. Keep on rockin’ it!

Glad to be working from home today. My new design project is an ideal client and style. It’s fun and challenging to do it with my new partner. She is highly analytical, organized and methodical, while I am sort of a swirling creative tornado - we compliment each other, but I’m feeling a little insecure about my “un-organized” nature. It is actually my greatest gift - so I’m trying to harness that while not driving her nuts with my imperfect filing style! I tell you - I would not be able to handle this growth opportunity if my head was full of drinking obsessions.

I don’t know how many days I’ve been AF - somewhere around 480 - and I am happy to report that I’m still very happy with my decision to become a non-drinker. My parents ate over last night and they toasted with my husband. I’ll admit, I feel left out at the toasts (they don’t know what to do, so they just do it amongst themselves), but I don’t wish I was a drinker! My life was always on the path that its on now, but I’m participating in it with so much more brain power, focus and gratitude - living fully!

Hi Wags, Narily (hope the interview went well!), NS, Slo, Pauly!
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X