X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Evening nesters

Nar, Nar, Nar

Hap, Hap, Happy 5 years Nar. So proud of you girl. We all started on the loamers thread and were such great support to each other during those early days and have been great support and friends ever since. We have shared the ups and downs over your 5 years and the touch and goes of the "feck its" but look at you now. Sober and happy.

Lots of love to you today and keep on smiling. Big hugs from afar

Ava xxxxx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Congratulations Nar!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congrats Nar on 5 Freakin' Years!!!

Thanks for helping show the way, and may this coming year be the best one yet. :heartbeat:
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Congratulations on 5 years Narilly!!!:welldone:
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Morning All!

I slept in this morning! I slept till 7 am and freaked the cat out! I probably did the same to my daughter, she was up, left for work and just left me a note. She will be late this evening, MEETING A BOY (man at her age) AFTER WORK!!!! This is big and she did not tell me last night. They will meet at Starbucks. She is not a drinker at all, thank God! She had one drink with her brothers on her 21st birthday and hated it and has not had one since. She firmly lets everyone know she does not drink, yay!

Two weeks for me!!! I am feeling stronger all the time! I am physically getting better too, so I am outside more between that and the weather. It tires me out and keeps me from drinking. Planting flowers went well and I am going to just be a monitor for the Easter Egg hunt next Saturday, easy gig.

Hubby is coming home this afternoon and will be home till Tues! He has a follow up doc appt on Mon. for his blood test results. He is already sick of doc office visits so this better turn out well, he will loose patience and start skipping appointments.

Lav it is great to have grand children but I am sure even better when they go home. I am glad your visit went well with them.

Wags, I hope all stays well with your dad. It is funny how those things work out. My ex FIL was the sweetest man alive but had so much trouble with his health. He always let it slide off his back like water off a duck. He lived to be 85 and was just done, a simple cold took him. He was such a good man.

Slo, I never heard the term 'Forest Bathing', I love it! Hubby and I used to hike a lot but had to stop due to my neck. I look forward to doing that again. Sometimes we would hike and talk the whole time, learning something new about each other every time, other times we just enjoyed the peace of nature. I look forward to that again.

Nar, congratulations on 5 years! That is awesome! I never made it that far before, 2 years was the longest. I plan on doing it this time. There is no upside to trying to drink moderately because it only turns into the mess I am now getting out of.

Happy Friday to all! It is a great day to be sober!

Comment

N Sunrise, way to go on the 2 weeks! Just take it one day at a time, the days really add up!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! for all the congratulations

I tried to quit for over 20 years, actually the first time I went on the wagon was when I was 18. My AL troubles have been going on for YEARS. I tried everything, moderation, trying different drinks, eating a lot before I drank, waiting to drink until I only had time to drink a couple, leaving a party early, and nothing worked. So I finally was able to quit, we had a thread on MWO called the LOAMERS (Ladies on a mission), and we supported each other just the way we do on this thread. It really, really helped me. I love the ladies and guys that helped me through that time.
              Five years- I got here because of the support from MWO, I went to counselling, talked to my family, exercised, took it day by day, wrote down a couple of my worst drunk incidents so I could read them if I had the urge to drink.
              AND I took on a feeling of gratitude instead of the feeling of deprivation.

Five F'n Years!!!! I am giving myself a HUGE pat on the back!

Grateful to be UN Hung this morning and I am off to the the market.
              Last edited by narilly; April 12, 2019, 10:10 AM.
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

You've done it and you're doing it, @narilly! I'm so happy we met and that we (and some other Loamer friends :heart: ) became and most importantly, STAYED, AF no matter what! I think this is one of the big keys to success:
                AND I took on a feeling of gratitude instead of the feeling of deprivation.
                Congratulations! xx, NS
                Last edited by NoSugar; April 12, 2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], I dug up the Loamers thread (to dig up some dirt on you :wink and man, it made me nostalgic. I don't want to go back to our early days :eek-new: but it sure was nice to have that group hanging out and supporting one another. I couldn't find those posts where you were pretty annoyed with me but that's what I was looking for :haha:. So glad we're friends now :hug:.

Comment

:happy2::heartbeat:
                    NS, that post would have been shortly after Christmas day 2013 because I had about 30 days of sobriety and than I said f'it and drank on Christmas Day. I remember you said "are you sure you really want to quit?" and that really ticked me off but it made me think. I realized that I REALLY had to accept the fact that I did not want to drink or I would never ever have the life I want!
                    I love you NS and Thank you :heartbeat:

I copied this from roll call, April 15, 2014:

Narilly- Day 2, my LAST day 2 EVER, way to go Jane!
                    If I did it YOU can too. Just take it day by day.

I am here for you. Life...are you ok? I am thinking about you.xo
                    Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Narilly, Narilly, Narilly, Narilly, life is but a dream! Congrats on this yooooge milestone! We are all so proud of you. Yes, Lav asked me the hard questions in the beginning and I didn't want to answer her... I knew she was right. I am so thankful to her now for asking! GREAT JOB and keep it going!
                      Well, the call this morning with one of the big deals I'm working on was productive. They said they would be signing the agreement by the end of the month. He said they were going to take a last look at the numbers. This was troubling, we've got no where to go on that. So we'll see. I'm still employed, anyway, and didn't choke anyone.

Our heating/air unit has been out all week. We've been very lucky, it's been mild until today, the dog and I are roasting in our own juices. I'm sure it'll cool off tonight. The man is coming on Monday to replace our unit and haul the old one off, along with $5600 of our closest friends! Oy.
                      It's only Friday, nesters! Not a ticket to BoozeVille!
                      G-Man, your skin is looking lovely today! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nester,

Narilly, CONGRATS to you on your very special 5 year AF anniversary :heartbeat:
                        Life is good AF, not perfect but pretty close. Be proud & stay determined to keep moving forward forevermore!

New Sunrise, awesome on your 2 weeks! I'm so happy you found our group, glad to have you here with us!

Hello to the many folks who have checked in today.

Byrdie, I mentioned before that we have had to replace both our heating & cooling systems before this house was even 15 years old. Things don't last they way they used to last. Your estimate sounds just like what we paid for ours. I know it hurts a little, Lol

I have my SUV packed to the gills with stuff I have made all winter long. Tomorrow is a Spring craft event & I hope to unload lots of stuff. Have to be up & out early so I'll wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yo fam. W'dup!

Narilly!!!! Congratulations on 5 fkn years sober! Well done mi amiga. Big hugs and big love to ya. Xx

Big congratulations to you too Sunrise on 14 days AF! Great job.

Thanks Byrdy. I'm glowing don't you know.

Big waves to y'all. Hi LC!

No ticket here.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good Morning All!

Narilly you deserve a great big pat on the back and I am glad you are giving yourself one!

I could not do this without the support of you guys! My first quit, I went to AA and did learn a tremendous amount from them and had wonderful support. As my quit got longer, I slowed on my meetings and when I divorced and lived with my brother, that was all She wrote. She started writing slow at the beginning. leaving notes here and there, and I believed Her when she told me I could drink moderately. I did for a great while, but it escalated and escalated fast and I could not put the brakes on myself. I am so glad that I found you all and I don't want Her to ever leave me a note again!!!!:cuss:

My first field trip yesterday! AF field trip! Hubby got home around 2pm yesterday and I told him daughter would not be home for dinner. I love this man! He is so adventurous! He asked me if I wanted to go out for seafood for dinner, daughter is allergic, and I said yes. We live in FL so the beach is 45min to an hour away and he took me to one of our favorite restaurants. One reason it was my favorite, beside the really, really fresh seafood, is that it has a signature drink that I really loved. We ordered and I DID NOT order the drink, just lemon water. Hubby was so surprised! "Are you sure? I am driving." I was sure and I still let him drive! It felt great.

He really is loving where we live, especially the weather. He spend the week in the cold and snow and was ready to enjoy the choice we made to move here from NC. We thought NC was great moving down, at different times, from NY. It is great that we have so much in common, growing up in the about the same area and didn't even know each other. I can enjoy it more being sober. No more worrying that he will find a grocery receipt, an empty bottle in the garbage, no more guilt. Truth be told, I knew I was in REALLY bad shape when I finished a bottle at 6am so I could get it in the trash on garbage day and hubby would not find it. That was my bottom. Thank you guys for getting back on top!

Daughter's date went well :welldone:. She did not tell me because she was nervous and did not want me to make her more nervous by asking questions, understandable. He is a fella she met through one of the women she works with. Things went well, they are going to a festival today. They will meet there because she is afraid that hubby will intimidate him. My husband is a big man and a scowl from him could scare a bear, though he is but a big Teddy Bear himself. She will bring him around here when she is ready.

Byrd, I am so sorry about your air! Now that you guys know I live in FL, you know the necessity of good air conditioning here. I would be baking too.

Lav, good for you selling your crafts and I hope you do well. I have never had enough confidence in my skills to put them for sale. Hubby loves to work with wood and at one point in his life he would sell things at fairs. We have some pieces of his wood work around the house and they are wonderful. I wish he would let me get some of his photographs professionally framed to sell. They really are awesome.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday! Stay cool Byrd and keep patting that back Nar!

Comment

Thanks, New! I live in NC!
                              We are heading to Myrtle Beach to have lunch with my new half brother and his wife. I baked him a little cake that looked like a robin’s egg and had toasted coconut on top (nest) with malted milk eggs in it I froze it (as I usually do) and last night I took it out of the freezer so it would be ready to take today. When I got up this morning, the heat and humidity made the frosting run down the sides of the cake, it’s a mess. Dang it. There’s no fixing it. That’s is one advantage of this hobby, even mistakes taste good, so hubby and I will soldier thru it.
                              I hope everyone has a happy Sattidy. Good luck at the craft fair, Lav!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, that cake sounds delicious, I am sure you enjoyed it.

Big waves to you G! Thanks for the congratulations, we both raawk!

Sunrise, you are doing great, keep it up. No love notes from AL.

Spring craft event sounds fun Lav.

Gotta go! Don’t drink today.
                                Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X