Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hallaloooooya, it's 5 o'clock! Today is my Friday. I have tomorrow off! My out of office is on and I am ready to NOT think about this job for 3 days.
    I feel like I'm just losing my patience with everthing about this job. Today, that project manager sent me a note to ask if a job had been booked. Now he sits RIGHT NEXT TO the lady that books them in the office. So instead of being snippy, I told him I would ask her, so I send her a note and copied him. SHE emailed back (and remember, this is the HAG) why didn't he just ask me, I'm right here? Get this, he emailed her back, 'I knew you were busy'. @#$%! Holy crap, it was all I could do not to come thru that computer and choke him. UGG.
    I'm not going to think about that right now, I'm going in to weekend mode!
    Remember, it's only a holiday, NOT a ticket to BoozeVille! :rara: :rara: If I can stay sober through all of this BS, I know you can! Stay strong, everyone! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning nesters

Slo, that is great news about your sister, did she go to rehab, if i remember you said she booked herself out or something. Oh that is a big tumour to carry around. I have started on the kisses when he nips but it will be a long haul, thanks for the tip as im sure that will work eventually ha ha.

Lav, dont get a puppy, just dont. as cute as carl is i get so annoyed so quickly with him.

Pauly, like you i tell people i was a two bottle a day drinker of wine. Its funny now as instead of people telling me i should have a drink they now ask if its ok if they drink around me, like i am going to turn into a lunatic and start drinking because i see al. you are sounding great, keep it up. I will attach a pic of carl at Bunnings a couple of weeks ago.

G, a baby croc bite, ouch, its a wonder he has a lip left. I just want to pull al of carls teeth out, he is teething atm though so i have to try and be patient.

Wags, thanks for your thoughts, today is 4 weeks since my mads left me and some days are better than others for sure.

Sunrise, my food store had the bottle shop just near the checkouts, i used to go shopping at 7am when the bottle shop was closed. I remember the first time i walked in there after a few months and i was so anxious, like i was doing wrong stepping into a war zone and i still feel like that now. i very rarely go into a bottle shop as i dont buy alcohol for anyone.

Now to have a coffee and go to the gym then clean the fridge, my bedroom and enjoy the beautiful weather.

take care xx

IMG20190407090452.jpg
      Attached Files
      Last edited by available; April 18, 2019, 07:13 PM.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Carl is a wee cute thing, Ava!
        Yes, my sister was transferred from the hospital to a dump of a physical rehabilitation center, but she didn’t like it and waltzed out the door; got an Air BnB to convalesce at.

Byrdie, well now next time you know to be snippy and tell him “she’s sitting right next to you; ask her yourself!” He’s not using much common sense if he can’t figure that out himself. Or...maybe he’s afraid of the Hag too!

Thanks for the recipe, NoSugar! I just have never heard of that. It is a lot like my scalloped potatoes & ham, if you minus the bread. And much like my MIL’s corn pudding, a favorite recipe of my family that I lost, and can’t re-create from the Internet. Only yours uses pineapple! I’ll probably make it for Easter.

Pauly, you know what I mean about Kroger’s then! -it’s like a big liquor store & gift shop that incidentally sells food too. I bought my beer at gas stations pretty often too. One of the things I like most about being AF is not feeling compelled to go into gas stations to pick up a six-pack.
        I like how you talk openly about shared alcohol problems with others -that kind of attitude helps take the stigma out of it.
        Last edited by Slo; April 18, 2019, 09:03 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We had a nice day but it's going to turn nasty tomorrow with a lot of rain & who knows what else. I don't have to go anywhere so I will just stay put

Ava, love the pics! Carl must feel intimidated by the large dog, haha!! The last time I brought a puppy home it was 7 years ago & I'm not going to go thru that again, Lol

Byrdie, your workmates are something else. How did you wind up working with those fools?? It sure sounds crazy! Enjoy your 3 day weekend for sure

NS, I will try your recipe sometime, looks awesome.

Hi Pauly & Pav!

New Sunrise, Congrats on your 3 weeks AF. One more week & you've got yourself a full month
          You're doing great.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey everyone, I am a bit under the weather today. I got this stupid cold/sinus thing.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Xo
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Cross-post two nights in a row, Lav!

Narilly, so your elections now get as nasty & contentious as ours do! It’s a relief when they’re over, because of the divisiveness & hate. Hope you get a good night’s sleep and feel better tomorrow.

Kensho, now you have a new mantra: “No project is worth my health or sobriety”! That can help you as you navigate a new way of handling an increase in work, and juggling several projects at once. You’re ready for this now, after over a year AF!

New Sun, you said: “I was sober for two years and then drank very little till very little became very much.” Isn’t that always the way it goes for us!! I would always hope I could moderate, and I could -briefly! Very briefly, and then a little goes right back to a lot. So I’m resigned to none now.

Sweet dreams to all in the nest!
              Last edited by Slo; April 18, 2019, 09:32 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I have that bug, too, [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]. I keep waking up a 4 am with a head that feels like it will explode so I’m getting TIRED. Hope we both recover quickly.

The scalloped pineapple is delicious but it isn’t “slightly sweet” as in the recipe - it should be served for DESSERT!

Comment

Hi, all:

Good to see you pop in, [MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION]. Glad work is humming along. Do take care of yourself.

Ava, Carl may be a PITA, but he IS pretty stinking cute. Hard to fault him...

Byrdie - Wow. People are... I don't even know WHAT to say. People are so complicated. We have a pretty functional team and it is still like babysitting sometimes.

NS and Nar - Hope you feel better. I am currently experiencing a new female "age" phenomenon of monthly sinus headaches that wake me up. Not that horrible crud that is going around, though - I hope you feel better soon. My family members who got it coughed for weeks after.

NS, I think around here we would call that pineapple bread pudding. Sounds good!

I'm not religious, but Easter was always a big drinking day for me - a party that started at lunch. One year I drank all day at the Easter lunch and then went to a friend's birthday party where I made a fool out of myself being "fun." Aargh. As Byrdie says, those WEREN'T the days. There are NO tickets to boozeville being served here this weekend.

Stay sober, and take care of yourselves!
                  Pav

Comment

Quick fly by this morning.

Nar and NS, hope you both start feeling better soon!

Hellos and waves to everyone stopping by. Have great AF Fridays-into-Saturdays!
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Pav - we must be on a very similar schedule or something cuz we x-post an awful lot!

Happy Friday
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

NS,I thought it was a dessert! Pineapple is so sweet Ava, Carl is a doll but he does have that mischievous look like he's a handful haha, Narilly and NS feel better soon,g-kids are both feeling yucky too this has just been a bad year for them and me with allergies,I tried some nasacort again the other day and it doesn't work for my sinuses at all and puts me in a pissy mood somehow,think it's the steroids in it,so just stick to saline ALOT of saline spray,Byrdie your job is as much of a zoo as mine,why can't people just do their job and act normal?!? Is that too much to ask? Then I wonder if it's me but I know it's not cuz the other girls notice the same bullshit I do,aye,thought about booze to escape but I'll only entrap myself into a different kind of hellhole so it can piss off! Waves to ALL and wishes for a happy AF Good Friday for us all
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Pav and Wags hello to you both
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning All,

I don't know why my computer is acting up, but it is, the internet stinks around here.

I hope my other post show up here, if not I am doing good and I am sober, so that is the most important thing!

Have a great day all, #15 for me!

Comment

Hola nesters!

It's the weekend, not a ticket to boozeville. No ticket here. I have no need for one, and it was always at the end a ticket for......one. Sad.

Lots and lots of music making and gigs at the moment. Midst a string of cool shows with cool people. All different scenarios. I would've said no when boozing. But now i am saying YES! And the yes answer is taking me to new heights, new people, new experiences, all special and invigorating. This is the kind of ticket i love.

Have a beaut weekend evabody and feel better soon you folks feeling yucky. Sunrise, congrats on day 15! Raaawkin. L8tr g8trs.
                              Last edited by Guitarista; April 19, 2019, 03:54 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glad you're lovin' life G!

New sunrise, it absolutely infuriates me when I can't get my computer to work. I have no sound at the moment, but at least I am able to use other functions...

Working hard now. Finding that I have to be really careful about over-spending time on anything. Trying to keep my cool. All is good though.

Happy weekend Everyone!
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X